BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

What's your point? That bowyer is as good as Clement then?

Derby should be doing better? Just missed out on automatic promotion. Have spent million and are struggling.

Also a separate note, why have Burnley given a 3 year deal to a 9 million pound striker? Surely you would want to have him on a 4 year deal to give you security against him being poached, if he was successful?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I thought that Bolton would really take off with Lennon at the helm but I couldn't have been more wrong as it stands. Difficult conditions at the Breezeblock but by no means more difficult than at Ewood.

I honestly think Bolton will go down this season.

Derby still havent won under Paul Clement this season and thats after spending 10 mil plus.

It takes at least five years before you can really judge a manager.

Next you'll be advocating be should be sacked after only a couple of seasons of underachievement.

• Moderation Lead

It looks like Clement could well be an absolute plum as I thought he might be.

For Christ's sake Stevie Wonder could boss this league with Derby's squad!

It takes at least five years before you can really judge a manager.

Next you'll be advocating be should be sacked after only a couple of seasons of underachievement.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether you are trying to make a serious point, making yet another attempt at satire or just being your usual passive aggressive self.

Which makes you wonder why they haven't secured a shirt sponsor.

I do wonder how Sky decide which games are going to be live on TV. I mean Leeds have been pretty damned mdeiocre for years and years.

Do they take a poll of which teams the subscibers support and/or want to see and decide from that to some degree?

I do wonder how Sky decide which games are going to be live on TV. I mean Leeds have been pretty damned mdeiocre for years and years.

Do they take a poll of which teams the subscibers support and/or want to see and decide from that to some degree?

Mediocre or not they are from a one club city with lots of middle aged fans who started to support them during the Revie days. They could be bottom of the league playing dire, ugly football and they'd still get air time.

Derby should be doing better? Just missed out on automatic promotion. Have spent million and are struggling.

Also a separate note, why have Burnley given a 3 year deal to a 9 million pound striker? Surely you would want to have him on a 4 year deal to give you security against him being poached, if he was successful?

Probably because his agent dictated the terms. Bristol City were in for him initially I believe so maybe the 3 year deal was the kicker that made him come north.

Probably because his agent dictated the terms. Bristol City were in for him initially I believe so maybe the 3 year deal was the kicker that made him come north.

Possibly. Good signing for them but 9 million is extortionate. The game is going crazy!

• Backroom

Possibly. Good signing for them but 9 million is extortionate. The game is going crazy!

They barely spent any money in the Prem, so probably have shitloads in reserve. Eventually there will be a huge gap between those teams which have gone up and come down, and those that haven't been promoted over the past few years.

I thought that Bolton would really take off with Lennon at the helm but I couldn't have been more wrong as it stands. Difficult conditions at the Breezeblock but by no means more difficult than at Ewood.

I think Lennon has done a very good job there considering the cutbacks that are happening there.

After what Derby have spend I was expecting them to be top of the league but sometimes it doesn't aswell happening that way in this league

Just so you don't miss out, Leeds are on sky on Saturday at 12:05!

Pretty obvious there is some sort of support agenda for LUFC from someone with his finger on the control button o(bit like Souness's long term financial support for Rangers ... although fat lot of good our money and Newcastle's did for them in the long run). Is their no contractual stipulation made by the Championship that every team receives a minimum amount of coverage?

Just so you don't miss out, Leeds are on sky on Saturday at 12:05!

They only have 2 games in august not live on tv, that's including cup games.

Anyhow they can keep their early Saturday and Friday night kick-offs for me.

Pretty obvious there is some sort of support agenda for LUFC from someone with his finger on the control button o(bit like Souness's long term financial support for Rangers ... although fat lot of good our money and Newcastle's did for them in the long run). Is their no contractual stipulation made by the Championship that every team receives a minimum amount of coverage?

The thing that the FL are running currently for overseas supports show an unhealthy large support for Leeds worldwide , and considering Sky chose the games and sell their coverage to overseas stations could be a factor in the Leeds channel , I don't think there is a stipulation as it seems the package rights are for the Football League as an whole and not just the Championship.

You would think that now all FL clubs are connected to the highspeed fibre optics network, Clubs would be pushing to do a deal with the FL to screen their own matches live online on a subscription basis.

Archived