BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

The thing that the FL are running currently for overseas supports show an unhealthy large support for Leeds worldwide , and considering Sky chose the games and sell their coverage to overseas stations could be a factor in the Leeds channel , I don't think there is a stipulation as it seems the package rights are for the Football League as an whole and not just the Championship.

You would think that now all FL clubs are connected to the highspeed fibre optics network, Clubs would be pushing to do a deal with the FL to screen their own matches live online on a subscription basis.

Skybet sponsor the FL and Sky broadcast exclusive coverage of it. Major conflict of interests as they will now only (mainly) show teams/games that will increase their own market reach.

FFP hahahah! Except it's not really funny.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that the FL are running currently for overseas supports show an unhealthy large support for Leeds worldwide , and considering Sky chose the games and sell their coverage to overseas stations could be a factor in the Leeds channel , I don't think there is a stipulation as it seems the package rights are for the Football League as an whole and not just the Championship.

You would think that now all FL clubs are connected to the highspeed fibre optics network, Clubs would be pushing to do a deal with the FL to screen their own matches live online on a subscription basis.

I really wish that could happen.

Whilst I agree, it's tricky when there are two clubs.

Also at present clubs can agree on a reciprocal agreement to beam back live non-televised games - and they can't get there act together to do that. Surely they'd make enough revenue from showing games in blues bar, or from opening part of the jw stand for the big tv?

Whilst I agree, it's tricky when there are two clubs.

Also at present clubs can agree on a reciprocal agreement to beam back live non-televised games - and they can't get there act together to do that. Surely they'd make enough revenue from showing games in blues bar, or from opening part of the jw stand for the big tv?

Simple. Make the subscription work like real matches. Home team and away team. Chances are that most fans would only want to watch away matches anyway.

Hmm. I've been using rovers player to watch the full games on delay and been really impressed. Basically very similar to watching on TV. Multiple cameras, commentary is biased but acceptable, tv quality feed. It's annoying knowing the score but I still enjoy watching... Maybe I'm just odd.

To grant AllRoverAsia's request all the clubs need to do is negotiate an agreement with the FL to make the game go out live on the internet rather than midday the next day. Apart from that the infrastructure is there - from the staff and equipment to create the content to the delivery to the computer / tv box of the end user. I daresay Rovers could probably sell a few thousand e-tickets for the match at £5 a throw.

I suppose it is a matter of time - however I reckon it could be a massive blow to away attendences and take a pretty big chunk out of home attendences also. I imagine clubs are wary... though perversely instantly available TV coverage might actually boost fan numbers in the long run? A lot of people supprt man u, Liverpool etc because they are always on the bloody TV, if Rovers was always available maybe some of that effect would rub off? Increase engagement and ultimately boost attendance. Who knows?

It will be interesting to see what clubs do about it. Whether they will resist strongly or not. Personally I would guess all FL games will be live on internet in around five years.

Hmm. I've been using rovers player to watch the full games on delay and been really impressed. Basically very similar to watching on TV. Multiple cameras, commentary is biased but acceptable, tv quality feed. It's annoying knowing the score but I still enjoy watching... Maybe I'm just odd.

To grant AllRoverAsia's request all the clubs need to do is negotiate an agreement with the FL to make the game go out live on the internet rather than midday the next day. Apart from that the infrastructure is there - from the staff and equipment to create the content to the delivery to the computer / tv box of the end user. I daresay Rovers could probably sell a few thousand e-tickets for the match at £5 a throw.

I suppose it is a matter of time - however I reckon it could be a massive blow to away attendences and take a pretty big chunk out of home attendences also. I imagine clubs are wary... though perversely instantly available TV coverage might actually boost fan numbers in the long run? A lot of people supprt man u, Liverpool etc because they are always on the bloody TV, if Rovers was always available maybe some of that effect would rub off? Increase engagement and ultimately boost attendance. Who knows?

It will be interesting to see what clubs do about it. Whether they will resist strongly or not. Personally I would guess all FL games will be live on internet in around five years.

Be the death of small clubs. Another step down the road to Lancashire County.

Thats a very well thought out and intelligent retort athlete. Not! Are most of your muscles between your ears? However given as you have consistently proven incapable of intelligent comment it doesn't surprise me.

Your starter for 10.... please tell me how such a move would help BRFC (and other less popular clubs) to prosper and compete. I'll mark your retort out of 10 although I will not hold my breath that it will bring much to the debate.

How does that work Abbey? Can you watch any team or do you subscribe to a particular teams matches home and away?

Yes . You can pay for your own teams games , all matches or a full subscription.

Part subscriptions finish in feb and full is 24/7 with a TV station so to speak .

We could all watch BRFC in the pub and HT's entertainment could be bet on which bundle of tumbleweed will get from the Darwen end to the Blackburn End stands first......... thats providing we have the numbers to pull rank over the massed ranks of plastic Man utd fans already in there.

Be the death of small clubs. Another step down the road to Lancashire County.

Not too sure it would be Gordon, would just be like Rovers player but with live video and how would it benefit Rovers and other teams , well if it was priced on say an average Football league season ticket with 40% going to the content provider , 40% going to the club 10% football League and 10% to a pool that was shared equally between all FL league clubs , I would hazard a guess that in Rovers case this could be at least a couple of thousand worldwide 40% that they wouldn't get normally.

Those lucky enough to be within travelling distance to purchase season tickets will still do, there will still be walk on's for home matches, the only thing that might suffer is away attendances but these will still not be wiped out as theres still nothing better than attending a live game

9 months old, but this gives an insight to sky's coverage of the football league.

http://www.cityam.com/206210/leeds-united-no-other-football-league-club-has-had-more-live-games-sky-sports-yorkshire

Good tool that.

btw How come Burnley have almost twice as many live matches than us with less viewers?

Not too sure it would be Gordon, would just be like Rovers player but with live video and how would it benefit Rovers and other teams , well if it was priced on say an average Football league season ticket with 40% going to the content provider , 40% going to the club 10% football League and 10% to a pool that was shared equally between all FL league clubs , I would hazard a guess that in Rovers case this could be at least a couple of thousand worldwide 40% that they wouldn't get normally.

Those lucky enough to be within travelling distance to purchase season tickets will still do, there will still be walk on's for home matches, the only thing that might suffer is away attendances but these will still not be wiped out as theres still nothing better than attending a live game

have you seen my post just two up? The damaging effect on support would be dramatic imo.

Thats a very well thought out and intelligent retort athlete. Not! Are most of your muscles between your ears? However given as you have consistently proven incapable of intelligent comment it doesn't surprise me.

Your starter for 10.... please tell me how such a move would help BRFC (and other less popular clubs) to prosper and compete. I'll mark your retort out of 10 although I will not hold my breath that it will bring much to the debate.

Debate go and debate on the golf course with PNE Burnley fans etc what they think of Lancashire County or whatever you're making up these days they'll laugh at your stupidity

Archived