BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stubbs goes to Rotherham

3 year deal subject to them being able to agree on compensation with Hibs.

On that basis you'd have to think he would have been interested in us had he been asked.

Time will tell if we've missed out. Bit of a gamble in an ideal world but given some of the other dross we've been linked with, who knows?

Surely we are still a better draw than Rotherham - even with owners with a few crumbs short of a full biscuit.

Which suggests that they weren't in for him at all. No doubt Nicko will try to wind us up and say it was in the bag until Cheston went on holiday. :rolleyes:

I dread to think of the calibre of managers on our radar. I'd like to think that we are in for better than Stubbs but I doubt it.

For better of worse at least Rotherham have made a decision - unlike our lot.

Meanwhile the clock is ticking for rudderless Rovers on the return of players from holiday and the start of training.

Surely we are still a better draw than Rotherham - even with owners with a few crumbs short of a full biscuit.

Which suggests that they weren't in for him at all. No doubt Nicko will try to wind us up and say it was in the bag until Cheston went on holiday. :rolleyes:

I dread to think of the calibre of managers on our radar. I'd like to think that we are in for better than Stubbs but I doubt it.

I looked at Rotherham's website yesterday Stuart. Today fans can pick up their new season ticket cards - season tickets have been on sale for ages - they can buy the new strip which also goes on sale today and they have appointed a new manager in a fraction of the time that Cheston and crew have spent drawing up lists. It may be a smaller club in terms of history and achievement but in terms of organisation they are light years ahead of us.

Isn't it amazing how all these other clubs can do trivial things like get their new kits on sale for the start of June, thus maximising sales over the summer period before people go on their holidays and whilst the weather is good, whilst idiotic Rovers bumble along as usual with their new kits out late. We've already heard that the new Rovers home shirt won't be out until 7th July (hopefully) and the away kit won't be out until 4th August. Why is it that every year we're so late at doing this?

It might seem trivial in the grand scheme of the chaos currently seen at the club, but again its just another one of those irritating things that stinks of unprofessional, poorly organised and amateur approach people have at Rovers.

There's no doubt that if pressed Rovers would merely blame the manufacturers and say they can only sell kit when they are provided with it, but if that is the case they should be taking their business elsewhere to someone who can provide kits in June ahead of the main holiday period. They must be missing out on fortunes in sales. Isn't it amazing how all these other clubs manage to get contracts whereby they get their kits delivered early doors, maximise their selling period to cover the summer, and if they run out can order in more stock (unlike the fiasco 2 seasons ago when stock ran out at Xmas and Rovers couldn't/wouldn't order any more to sell).

Then of course there's the complete lack of any sort of teasers, posters, promotional material for the new Umbro kits. That's if we even have any players to have their photos taken in it.

Amateur setup across the board.

I looked at Rotherham's website yesterday Stuart. Today fans can pick up their new season ticket cards - season tickets have been on sale for ages - they can buy the new strip which also goes on sale today and they have appointed a new manager in a fraction of the time that Cheston and crew have spent drawing up lists. It may be a smaller club in terms of history and achievement but in terms of organisation they are light years ahead of us.

A club looked after by local people. How I long for that to return.

I'm sure I heard an advert on RockFM the other day saying if you get a North End ST then the Premier pledge covers you for a free ST if they go up anytime in the 5 seasons. That's a fair old marketing line so fair play to them if correct, their gates will dwarf ours next season probably for the first time in five decades or something.

A couple of good signings and I'd certainly fancy them stabbing at the play offs next season.

Bit surprised by how Steve Evans has conducted himself at Leeds - or should I say had, given he is sacked.

Pre getting the role he is very scathing of how Cellino runs the club. However, even though whilst in post Cellino has publically tried to get 2 other managers in, Evans has repeatedly said how he's no problems with how things are, and how things have been handled professionally! Now when all outside of the situation can see that's not the case, he looks even more of a muppet than he usually does. Funny how money destroys principles.

I'm sure I heard an advert on RockFM the other day saying if you get a North End ST then the Premier pledge covers you for a free ST if they go up anytime in the 5 seasons. That's a fair old marketing line so fair play to them if correct, their gates will dwarf ours next season probably for the first time in five decades or something.

A couple of good signings and I'd certainly fancy them stabbing at the play offs next season.

Our 'Premier Pledge' is like a sick joke. Its clearly just been left in by the marketing folk because if it is removed it will be some sign of acceptance that we've got no chance. If they had any serious intent they would offer a 'League One pledge' and give out a full refund in the event of relegation next season. They won't do that because they are probably expecting relegation.

• Backroom

Bit surprised by how Steve Evans has conducted himself at Leeds - or should I say had, given he is sacked.

Pre getting the role he is very scathing of how Cellino runs the club. However, even though whilst in post Cellino has publically tried to get 2 other managers in, Evans has repeatedly said how he's no problems with how things are, and how things have been handled professionally! Now when all outside of the situation can see that's not the case, he looks even more of a muppet than he usually does. Funny how money destroys principles.

Henning Berg was very quick to take the job here after slaughtering Venky's in the press only months earlier. As you say, when it comes to cash most are more than happy to sacrifice their principles.

Archived