BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Definitely not. Hull should have been right up the top with their team, but meekly surrendered their spot to the likes of Burnley and Brighton.

Are Brighton going up ?

Hull v Sheff Wed at least gives Yorkshire a club in the Premier League (although Middlesbrough used to be in Yorkshire). It's astonishing how much more successful Lancashire clubs are compared to Yorkshire - and we're better than them at cricket too.

Wednesday is a good story - been down in the doldrums for years through poor ownership, mismanagement and lack of money (sound familiar?). I'd like to see them go up - if only to see the look on Steve Bruce's face when Hull lose.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent contest until Derby brought Ince on he just squandered everything and the momentum shifted

He is the most overrated player since...............his dad. I'm sure managers see a name and sign the player on the strength of that.

Did you clock the old obnoxious git laughing in the face of the Derby manager at the end as well? Classless scumbags. I hope Wednesday stuff em.

I actually ranted at tv when I saw that..no time for hull after there fans gave it large when we got relegated and they said how we was premier league snobs and horrible fans for what we had done to kean. Cant stand weds either after they hammered me outside the the kings when I was 10 and as for the idiot weds fan from Wolverhampton ,tango grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Backroom

Are Brighton going up ?

No, the point was they weren't even challenging for the automatic spots by the end of the season, and they really should have been. I think they lack bottle under Bruce and it may cost them in the final, depending on which Sheffield Wednesday turns up.

If Hull blow it that would eclipse even our feat of blowing a 3-1 first leg lead against Palace.

On the bright side Steve Bruce's managerial stock would drop like a stone. Not sure it's too high even if they hang on.

And missing a penalty...

Have to fancy Wednesday now.

If Hull blow it that would eclipse even our feat of blowing a 3-1 first leg lead against Palace.

On the bright side Steve Bruce's managerial stock would drop like a stone. Not sure it's too high even if they hang on.

probably hanging on to give him the Rovers job then

Seems odd?

Weren't they building the club around Moneyball style data gathering?

Haven't they just shut their Academy too?

Very odd. Although after reading into their Academy closing I think that could be the way to go in the future for alot of clubs.

Still think they should have stuck with Warburton though.

Hull v Sheff Wed at least gives Yorkshire a club in the Premier League (although Middlesbrough used to be in Yorkshire).

Middlesbrough has always been in Yorkshire. It was absorbed into Cleveland in 1974. Cleveland is an Administrative County/Area but the Yorkshire county boundary has always prevailed. Middlesbrough has since become a unitary authority within North Yorkshire.

It's the same as Wigan or Bolton still being in Lancashire whilst at the same time belonging to the Administrative County/Area of Greater Manchester.

​Villas new owner says the deal has cost him north of £100.00 million to buy the club outright. 60 million to Lerner. Supposedly up to 50 million available to get promoted for the new manager. (BBC website cannot post link for some reason).

That is what we are up against next year. No doubt the barcodes and Norwich will have a few quid spare as well.

​Villas new owner says the deal has cost him north of £100.00 million to buy the club outright. 60 million to Lerner. Supposedly up to 50 million available to get promoted for the new manager. (BBC website cannot post link for some reason).

That is what we are up against next year. No doubt the barcodes and Norwich will have a few quid spare as well.

We've got to hope they waste it then like we did when we had the financial advantage. Spending loads didn't do us or QPR much good and we've got to hope the same applies to Villa.

Something sticks out as very odd with me with that takeover.

Apologies if anyone has posted news of this elsewhere, but just heard on BBC radio, that the FL want to have 5 leagues from 2019,

with 20 teams in each league, so I suppose a new league 3, 100 professional teams.

Mainly because of fixture congestion it seems.

Apologies if anyone has posted news of this elsewhere, but just heard on BBC radio, that the FL want to have 5 leagues from 2019,

with 20 teams in each league, so I suppose a new league 3, 100 professional teams.

Mainly because of fixture congestion it seems.

The FL statement is here

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/a-whole-game-solution-3119809.aspx

Reading through looks to me like they are bowing to pressure from the FA and the PL if you read their aims in context to the FA and PL priorities on that page.

Quite ironic they mention distance travelling for mid week games, if only the FL had any input in their own fixture list..oh wait

Bet Venky's will be furious an extra league to get relegated from to make Rovers non -league and semi-pro

And still money in his pocket after that from parachute payments.

The FL statement is here

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/a-whole-game-solution-3119809.aspx

Reading through looks to me like they are bowing to pressure from the FA and the PL if you read their aims in context to the FA and PL priorities on that page.

Quite ironic they mention distance travelling for mid week games, if only the FL had any input in their own fixture list..oh wait

Bet Venky's will be furious an extra league to get relegated from to make Rovers non -league and semi-pro

Yep, it's all about benefitting the big clubs, no surprise there, but I just read that 65 out of the 72 (90%) will need to agree, for it to go ahead.

I would take an educated guess that this is the first step towards a European super league. Maintain 4 professional divisions in England and the big boys sod off to make billions.

Let them go, on the proviso that if it falls on its face, which it will, that they can reapply to join the bottom rung of professional football.

European Super league is a non starter for me.

1. The Champions lge and Europa are a uninteresting until the knock outs.

2. The Premier league is such a huge cash cow.

Who'd slaughter that.

3. If the Super league was so attractive, why hasn't it flown before.

I had Commodore 16 & 64 games with the principal, 30 years since.

Let them go, on the proviso that if it falls on its face, which it will, that they can reapply to join the bottom rung of professional football.

I would have zero interest in, wouldn't give it the time of day.

European Super league is a non starter for me.

1. The Champions lge and Europa are a uninteresting until the knock outs.

2. The Premier league is such a huge cash cow.

Who'd slaughter that.

3. If the Super league was so attractive, why hasn't it flown before.

I had Commodore 16 & 64 games with the principal, 30 years since.

They are uninteresting because of smaller teams involved. If you had top 8 from all the top leagues you will get glamour ties every week.

Premier league is a cash cow, interestingly Palace chairman thinks the TV deal is undervalued. He believes United v Liverpool could command 400-500 million for one game!!!!

They would do it if they could all make more money, it's that simple. Foreign owners will be the ones who ultimately decide if they want to go.

• Backroom

They are uninteresting because of smaller teams involved. If you had top 8 from all the top leagues you will get glamour ties every week.

If they happen all the time they aren't really glamour ties any more.

If they happen all the time they aren't really glamour ties any more.

Not all the time, guaranteed 2/3 times a year. It will be without question be on someone's agenda.

By that i mean United would play Real 2/3 times a year for example, guaranteed.

• Backroom

Not all the time, guaranteed 2/3 times a year. It will be without question be on someone's agenda.

By that i mean United would play Real 2/3 times a year for example, guaranteed.

The regularity of it would still decrease the spectacle significantly. The dream matches would then become the best teams outside of the "super league" pitted against the best teams in the "super league".

Regardless, I think there are too many logistical issues for a European Super League to become a serious consideration. A lack of promotion or relegation would render the whole thing incredibly sterile.

Archived