BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Remember reading an interview with the Thai bloke who led the Sheff W takeover consortium, came across as a very good businessman but also very humble , family values etc and had a plan to get into the premier league by 2017.

Looking like he might achieve it.

Oh to have an owner with a plan that involves moving upwards, in fact just make that a plan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Yeah the commentator remarked that he had a '2 year plan' what we'd give for a 5 minute one eh?

Death by papercuts

Or a plan at all!

Remember reading an interview with the Thai bloke who led the Sheff W takeover consortium, came across as a very good businessman but also very humble , family values etc and had a plan to get into the premier league by 2017.

Looking like he might achieve it.

Oh to have an owner with a plan that involves moving upwards, in fact just make that a plan

I'm sure he said he bought it for his football mad son, who's a school age boy by the way ?

Been to Hillsborough tonight, great occasion, best side won, Brighton came for a draw and left with nowt.

Surprised Brighton couldn't sell 2000 tickets, that's a real poor effort.

Wednesday have had 20yrs of crooked directors robbing the football club, but now they have light at the end of the tunnel, we should take note and never give up.

• Moderation Lead

Brighton are a weird lot, their home attendances are the best in the league, but en masse they don't seem to like leaving Sussex!

Making fans have to travel on a journey of that length on a schoolnight with less than a week's notice is appalling, in Brighton supporters' defence.

You have a point, the return legs on Monday night!

But less than 2000? It's still a very poor following.

You have a point, the return legs on Monday night!

But less than 2000? It's still a very poor following.

How many Weds fans travel in the opposite direction will tell a story.

How many Weds fans travel in the opposite direction will tell a story.

Yes I think its a safe bet that Sheff Wed will sell all their tickets. I wasn't suggesting that Brighton's following was anything other than poor, but as always, the supporters are the last consideration when it comes to arranging these games.

Yes I think its a safe bet that Sheff Wed will sell all their tickets. I wasn't suggesting that Brighton's following was anything other than poor, but as always, the supporters are the last consideration when it comes to arranging these games.

I agree generally and the disregard shown to teams travelling from great distances is disgusting - especially when it involves a northern club heading to London/Wembley. But I guess the play-offs are a tough one because there just aren't enough weekends and there is no idea who will be playing who until very late.

Making fans have to travel on a journey of that length on a schoolnight with less than a week's notice is appalling, in Brighton supporters' defence.

How have they had a weeks notice? They have known the date for a month and in all probability they were going to finish third. Their away support for a play off first leg was poor. They haven't even sold out for the home leg.

Wednesday have had 20yrs of crooked directors robbing the football club, but now they have light at the end of the tunnel, we should take note and never give up.

Indeed they have, and they always kept a solid core of support, that core is now built on with proper ownership and management.

Exactly what I hope to see at Ewood, not just 'boycotts' where 90% of the boycotters won't be seen again, if we want to do a Wednesday in the future it will be highly unlikely on 5000 crowds.

We are not the only club that have suffered horrendous owners, most others clubs supporters stay with the club, to highlight the owners failings and are there to pick up the pieces, the Rovers fan approach is to just drift away.

Derby haven't turned up today. Seen this lot so many times this season and they do bottle it often. Hull just seem to have big physical players who have been there and done it. If Derby dont get a goal this half then this is game over.

Looks like Marcus will be turning up at Ewood again next season...

Lucky to still be on the pitch. Not had a great game.

Derby were terrible when they came to Ewood in the autumn, they looked scared to leave their own half, not surprised it's comfortable for Hull.

Over now

Derby were terrible when they came to Ewood in the autumn, they looked scared to leave their own half, not surprised it's comfortable for Hull.

over now

Over now

Derby spent a fortune and bottled it same as 24 years ago

They did.

It's hard not to have sympathy with their fans. 2 years running -spent millions and messed up when it really mattered.

Derby defence and keeper are horrific, always have been.

Hull looked a class above, at Ewood.

A defence, midfield and attack to be envied by the Championship teams (but not good enough to stay in the Prem).

Brighton are a weird lot, their home attendances are the best in the league, but en masse they don't seem to like leaving Sussex!

A lot of the ones that go to Brighton games support Premier League clubs and decided to jump on the Brighton bandwagon when they got a shiny new stadium. They now seem to think that due to their large crowds, they are better than evryone else in the league. They are also helped by the fact that apart from Crawley (who based about 20 miles away from Brighton and only joined the Football League for the first time in 2011), the next closest league teams are Portsmouth and Crystal Palace who are nearly 50 miles away.

I'm glad they lost last night and can only hope they fail to go through on Monday night as it will rub the smugness off their arrogant little faces.

Plenty of songs last night at Hillsborough as you'd expect, but the most inventive and catchy was this one to the tune of The Beach Boys Sloop John B:

Carlos had a dream
To build a football team
We had no players
So we had to sign them on loan
We play from the back
With Joao in attack
We're Sheffield Wednesday
We're on our way back

Very inventive I thought, not sure if its a Sheff Weds original but good nevertheless.

Archived