BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

The regularity of it would still decrease the spectacle significantly. The dream matches would then become the best teams outside of the "super league" pitted against the best teams in the "super league".

Regardless, I think there are too many logistical issues for a European Super League to become a serious consideration. A lack of promotion or relegation would render the whole thing incredibly sterile.

There wouldn't be any good teams outside of it. All the best players would be in it.

I don't want it at all, but our owners were enticed by the lack of relegation. It's all about the money. Each team could be rolling in billions.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

There wouldn't be any good teams outside of it. All the best players would be in it.

I don't want it at all, but our owners were enticed by the lack of relegation. It's all about the money. Each team could be rolling in billions.

They won't be rolling in billions if the competition is so sterile people aren't interested in it.

If the Premier League (or whatever it's equivalent would be) was still very popular and making money why wouldn't there be good players in it? There's no reason to assume all of the national leagues would completely collapse if a super league was created. If anything the leveling of the playing field would probably bring a lot of lapsed fans back into the fold.

They won't be rolling in billions if the competition is so sterile people aren't interested in it.

If the Premier League (or whatever it's equivalent would be) was still very popular and making money why wouldn't there be good players in it? There's no reason to assume all of the national leagues would completely collapse if a super league was created. If anything the leveling of the playing field would probably bring a lot of lapsed fans back into the fold.

Far East, India and America would go crazy for it. Your proper fan wouldn't.

I would imagine the premier league would fold and Div 1 be top league.

100 professional teams in England is a lot, it's not exactly strengthening the football league by promoting 8 non league teams?

ESL is the only logical reason I can see for this move.

The proposal relates to the football league and leaves the premier league unaltered.

To get it through 24 clubs have in effect got to vote for their own relegation and every club has to vote for four fewer home games each season. 24 is 4 from the Championship, 8 from League 1 and 12 from League 2.

Don't see it flying somehow.

The European super league is unrelated as far as I can see.

The only reason English big clubs would go for the super league is that it would be less competitive than the Premier league with perpetual membership. The premier league financial juggernaut now is much larger relative to the financial benefits of any of the UEFA organised competitions which is one of the reason why English club performance in Europe has been tailing off in recent seasons- especially in the Europa League.

Next season, a single position in the Premier League will be worth the equivalent of winning nearly three Champions League group stage matches....

I am amazed at the lack of knowledge of the modern game being displayed here.

Over half the National League clubs are now fully professional and there are a few fully professional clubs at the National League North and South level now. There are even one or two Clubs at a level below that with larger average crowds than the worst supported league 2 clubs as Ricky's report on Hereford's revival showed.

To get it through 24 clubs have in effect got to vote for their own relegation and every club has to vote for four fewer home games each season. 24 is 4 from the Championship, 8 from League 1 and 12 from League 2.

Could you explain that again please.

The way I see it, clubs are voting not for relegation but to win the league over a season and then not get promoted. 8 clubs will need to be promoted from the Conference to get to 80 from 72.

Reducing the Championship to twenty clubs means another four clubs to be relegated and I really can't see them voting for that. For lower league clubs like Stanley, the loss of four home games is a serious revenue loss which they can't replace. I suspect a combination of Championship and a number of lower League clubs will ensure that this plan never gets off the ground.

Could you explain that again please.

The way I see it, clubs are voting not for relegation but to win the league over a season and then not get promoted. 8 clubs will need to be promoted from the Conference to get to 80 from 72.

There are 24 clubs in the Championship, so an extra 4 go down to reduce the league to 20.

There are 24 clubs in the League 1, so an extra 4 go down to reduce the league to 20 plus the 4 dropping down from the Championship means 8 go down.

There are 24 clubs in the League 2, so an extra 4 go down to reduce the league to 20 plus the 8 dropping down from the League 1 means 12 go down in total.

League 3 or 5 or whatever it is called gets 12 clubs from the old League 2 plus 8 from the National League.

So 72 clubs currently in the Football League grows to 80 while the Prem remains unaltered with 20 making 100 clubs in all instead of 92.

Sounds a good idea to me.

Gets rid of a lot of night games in the Championship.

The best solution would be:

Premier League

Championship

League 1

League 2 North

League 2 South

Splitting the bottom two tiers into regional divisions stops ridiculous trips for cash strapped clubs, i.e. Carlisle V Exeter.

And our next potential Rovers trophy will be League 2 North champions.

Sorry: must stop being so cynical.

And our next potential Rovers trophy will be League 2 North champions.

Sorry: must stop being so cynical.

Hang on can we win the Third Division (old Fourth Division) first ..shut the dingles up about winning all four divisions ..(yeah i know ..we were never that crap to even think about winning it)..but whilst we re on a slide ..tick another box ..?

Far East, India and America would go crazy for it. Your proper fan wouldn't.

I would imagine the premier league would fold and Div 1 be top league.

100 professional teams in England is a lot, it's not exactly strengthening the football league by promoting 8 non league teams?

ESL is the only logical reason I can see for this move.

A super European League wont happen simply because of fans.

The English clubs love to travel ..foreign sides dont.

Its a none starter.

English clubs tied to what ? 8? 10 home games a season ?

Wont happen ..

A super European League wont happen simply because of fans.

The English clubs love to travel ..foreign sides dont.

Its a none starter.

English clubs tied to what ? 8? 10 home games a season ?

Wont happen ..

Nothing to do with fans. Owners will increase their profits ten fold. We won't get a vote.

Karl Robinson has turned down the chance to be Leeds manager.

Glad we're not the only ones whose bat-nuts owners are making managers not want the job.

That chap at Leeds is sane compared to our lot.

Rafa is staying at the Barcodes.

That's them walking the league next season

Wouldn't be so sure! I mean he's obviously a better bet than some of the like we've been linked to but I can't see him getting the best results at those away games where teams really grind out performances.

He must have some assurances on money though so the worry is they'll just throw millions at it, and we all know that does make a difference!

No doubts they will be throwing money around to get promoted. I rate Rafa as well though, he's streets ahead of anything we are likely to get.

Championship will be a whole new situation for him but ultimately, i can't see anything other than them going up as Champions.

Archived