BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Plenty of songs last night at Hillsborough as you'd expect, but the most inventive and catchy was this one to the tune of The Beach Boys Sloop John B:

Carlos had a dream

To build a football team

We had no players

So we had to sign them on loan

We play from the back

With Joao in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday

We're on our way back

Very inventive I thought, not sure if its a Sheff Weds original but good nevertheless.

The Beach Boys nicked it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of songs last night at Hillsborough as you'd expect, but the most inventive and catchy was this one to the tune of The Beach Boys Sloop John B:

Carlos had a dream

To build a football team

We had no players

So we had to sign them on loan

We play from the back

With Joao in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday

We're on our way back

Very inventive I thought, not sure if its a Sheff Weds original but good nevertheless.

We have sang this all season. First time was probably Brentford away in September that I remember us singing it.

How have they had a weeks notice? They have known the date for a month and in all probability they were going to finish third. Their away support for a play off first leg was poor. They haven't even sold out for the home leg.

With respect I think you're missing my point, which was a general one and not simply about Brighton's fans. In most scenarios a team won't know who and where they are playing until very late in the day, and as for another comment about there not being enough weekends - there actually are, but TV (as ever) dictates that they have to show at least one play off game every day)

We have sang this all season. First time was probably Brentford away in September that I remember us singing it.

Never heard it once, why would you be singing Wednesday songs :P

Never heard it once, why would you be singing Wednesday songs :P

Have you forgotten whatdial? They guy who pretended to be a Rovers fan until things got sticky and was outed as a Weds 'fan'.

Have you forgotten whatdial? They guy who pretended to be a Rovers fan until things got sticky and was outed as a Weds 'fan'.

That's true, was on a wind up for a while before being outed. My family are rovers fans though.

Any news on a manager yet?

• Backroom

Has whatdial just been banned?

He was 'outed' years ago, he's been on here as a Sheff Wed fan for yonks.

The most delayed banning/deletion in forum history I think :lol:

Has whatdial just been banned?

He was 'outed' years ago, he's been on here as a Sheff Wed fan for yonks.

Harsh on him. There's a few who should be banned before him. 😅

For me, any fan who wants to stick to talking football, should be welcomed.

BTW. Talking lge 1 if I may, call me petty, but delighted Millwall beat Bradford.

Was dumped by a girl from Bradford in October, so delighted she's suffering a bit. 😅

• Backroom

It won't be a long one, harsh decision maybe but you can't let folk admit to deliberately winding up the natives

Edit you're all right - reversed it, hands up on that one hasty decision

I would be happy for Bowyer to go to Northampton. He's earned his stripes with us and did a good job. Northampton seem like a team on the up and it will be nice to observe a real footballing guy make a go at it somewhere; somewhere that doesn't include any risk for BRFC of course.

Hopefully we don't use that as a reason to go all out for Wilder. Seems like an astute manager but would much rather someone with proven pedigree for Championship football.

As for Barton going to Rangers I think it will be a good move for him. As much as I'd like to see him get found out in the Premier League I like Rangers and seeing him in a contest vs Brown in the Old Firm next year will be tasty.

Archived