BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Doesn't seem that way.

More pics/ videos from end of game on twitter raising the question how the hell do you smuggle a bright red sofa into the ground and then get it onto the pitch?

https://twitter.com/adamsmith070899/status/728940813921718272

Even the dingles joined in the shouts against their owners

Ha! It's been there all season, a 'lucky fan' gets to sit on it next to the corner flag.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't make it easier for the vast majority of Rovers fans when VenKean were here. Just different excuses. Some just want to blame the fans for all of our problems.

I would never blame the fans, never,

Just stating it's easier when you have a visible enemy, unlike our situation with the shysters from Pune.

I would never blame the fans, never,

Just stating it's easier when you have a visible enemy, unlike our situation with the shysters from Pune.

Agreed. Just that wasn't the reality when we needed to unite against a very visible common enemy.

• Backroom

Orr is best mates with Barton isn't he? Two peas from a horrible pod.

I'm excited that soon I can close this miserable thread and pretend this season didn't happen

Does anyone think that this potential bid may be somewhat motivated by their success?

I know if I had the backing or money myself, watching them win the league would only add fuel to the fire.

Orr is best mates with Barton isn't he? Two peas from a horrible pod.

I'm excited that soon I can close this miserable thread and pretend this season didn't happen

When you're evaluating players you need to put your prejudices to one side. When I heard Burnley had signed Barton my heart sank because I knew he'd drive them up the league.

He's just what we are short of in midfield. A Robbie Savage who can actually play football.

Tom Cairney.

How much did Fulham pay? 3 to 3.5 million? I don't know where I stand on him. He goes missing during games, not really a grafter. Not someone I'd be comfortable to have in the trenches with me.

In saying that, for an English player he has decent technique and a sweet left foot. He'll score a great goal or play a pretty pass but then he just seems to disappear. However people remember the good flashy bit and forget about his lack of tactical discipline etc.

Maybe I am being too harsh considering our Fulham side was awful. For 3 million I feel like Rovers might have received the better deal based on this season's performances alone.

Power struggle going on at Fulham at the moment. Mike Rigg looks to be in trouble. Huzzah! The stories about Rigg...

• Backroom

Tom Cairney.

How much did Fulham pay? 3 to 3.5 million? I don't know where I stand on him. He goes missing during games, not really a grafter. Not someone I'd be comfortable to have in the trenches with me.

In saying that, for an English player he has decent technique and a sweet left foot. He'll score a great goal or play a pretty pass but then he just seems to disappear. However people remember the good flashy bit and forget about his lack of tactical discipline etc.

Maybe I am being too harsh considering our Fulham side was awful. For 3 million I feel like Rovers might have received the better deal based on this season's performances alone.

Power struggle going on at Fulham at the moment. Mike Rigg looks to be in trouble. Huzzah! The stories about Rigg...

I think you've summed up Cairney pretty well there. Has fantastic technique but his application is questionable. We've missed his flashes of creativity this season, but I don't think we would have finished any higher with him in the team.

Interesting graphic showing how many days each club spent in various positions on the league table throughout the season. Slightly skewed because of International breaks etc

https://experimental361.com/2016/05/09/league-table-footprints-201516/

Rovers spent most days at 18th place, with 16th place second and only a total of 10 days in the top half of the table

• Backroom

Interesting graphic showing how many days each club spent in various positions on the league table throughout the season. Slightly skewed because of International breaks etc

https://experimental361.com/2016/05/09/league-table-footprints-201516/

Rovers spent most days at 18th place, with 16th place second and only a total of 10 days in the top half of the table

Sounds about right. Not quite bad enough to be relegated this season but easily capable of dropping into the mix next year.

Tom Cairney.

I could have written that myself ffan. He's got all the ability but not the application.

Tom Cairney.

Have to correct you there, hes 'Scottish'

Have to correct you there, hes 'Scottish'

He is English. He's represented Scotland at 'unders' levels. Probably why you used inverted commas but to me there's a world of difference. Had he been described as an "England player" (as opposed to "English player") then indeed that would have been incorrect.

Archived