BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Yea he's English. But in the world of sport where people play for different nations the world over, it doesn't really matter.

Agree, but Ffan had described him as an English player (he made no comment about which country he chose to play for), which is 100% correct.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased for Rhodes. An ambitious player who was not supported at Rovers. Much like our manager.

Ambitions from the supposedly super rich Venkys are limited to midtable on a negative budget.

I see he got dropped for the all important game against Brighton where Karanka thought they might not enjoy quite the same amount of possession as usual.... Tells it's own story.

He'll be half the price we sold him for in 12 months, Stuart.

As for ambitious - shame his on pitch work rate doesn't reflect his allegedly lofty ambitions - he might have made a half decent Prem player if it did.

I see he got dropped for the all important game against Brighton where Karanka thought they might not enjoy quite the same amount of possession as usual.... Tells it's own story.

As for ambitious - shame his on pitch work rate doesn't reflect his allegedly lofty ambitions - he might have made a half decent Prem player if it did.

You and Gordon don't spoil a pair. ;)

Fact is that he helped to get them promoted and is now a Premier League player. Now, back to Chris Brown...

He had a virus and wasn't dropped

When you're evaluating players you need to put your prejudices to one side. When I heard Burnley had signed Barton my heart sank because I knew he'd drive them up the league.

He's just what we are short of in midfield. A Robbie Savage who can actually play football.

Savage captained us to 6th in the league, 4 points behind Arsenal and the Champions League. Barton is a poor man's Savage on the pitch and a diseased, rabid animal off it.

Savage captained us to 6th in the league, 4 points behind Arsenal and the Champions League. Barton is a poor man's Savage on the pitch and a diseased, rabid animal off it.

You need to put your predjudices behind you when you judge a player. I might not like Barton as a bloke off the pitch but then I didn't like Savage much either. A blind man on the proverbial galloping horse can see Barton's got more ability.

You need to put your predjudices behind you when you judge a player. I might not like Barton as a bloke off the pitch but then I didn't like Savage much either. A blind man on the proverbial galloping horse can see Barton's got more ability.

That's exactly what you need to do. Just because he was a Rovers player doesn't dissuade me from thinking you probably had a huge prejudice against him from his Birmingham days that never actually left. I think quite a few of our fans did, such is their lack of loyalty.

If football was only about technical ability then Barton would be better than Savage and Arsenal would have won something major in the last 12 years (and wouldn't be mind-numbingly boring to watch most home games).

Thankfully football is about a lot of things and the reason we had our best season since 1995 with Savage at the heart of our midfield is because he's got things in abundance that Barton hasn't. Discipline, effort, attitude, leadership, better tackler, read the game better, marginally quicker, better engine.

Anyway this is an old argument of whether technical ability is just one facet of the end product or is the end product, I'm very much in the former camp so will always think a Savage is better than a Barton.

That's exactly what you need to do. Just because he was a Rovers player doesn't dissuade me from thinking you probably had a huge prejudice against him from his Birmingham days that never actually left. I think quite a few of our fans did, such is their lack of loyalty.

If football was only about technical ability then Barton would be better than Savage and Arsenal would have won something major in the last 12 years (and wouldn't be mind-numbingly boring to watch most home games).

Thankfully football is about a lot of things and the reason we had our best season since 1995 with Savage at the heart of our midfield is because he's got things in abundance that Barton hasn't. Discipline, effort, attitude, leadership, better tackler, read the game better, marginally quicker, better engine.

Anyway this is an old argument of whether technical ability is just one facet of the end product or is the end product, I'm very much in the former camp so will always think a Savage is better than a Barton.

You're right, I had a huge prejudice against him because I didn't rate him as a player.

Better tackler ? Really . Marginally quicker ? I was quicker than Savage when I had sciatica a couple of weeks ago. He was possibly the slowest player I've ever seen at Ewood.

That'll pass an hour on - who was the slowest player you've ever seen in a Blue and White shirt ?

My Grandad always used to tell me that's the sign of a top player: how much time they seem to have on the ball, no-one got near Tugay and if they did, he took them down!

Remember the game against Liverpool when he embarrassed Gerrard? He didn't move from the centre circle or sprint once in the entire game pretty much but Gerrard couldn't get anywhere near him.

Remember the game against Liverpool when he embarrassed Gerrard? He didn't move from the centre circle or sprint once in the entire game pretty much but Gerrard couldn't get anywhere near him.

I do!! How he wasn't rated outside of Blackburn I'll never know

Seeing and hearing the Wednesday fans so happy is just so depressing.

I do!! How he wasn't rated outside of Blackburn I'll never know

Yeah, in 50 plus years he's the best passer of a ball I've seen at Rovers and for close control and mastery of the ball he's up there with Bryan Douglas. Dougie had good pace though and once he beat somebody he could get away, that's the difference.

This is one of my favourite articles of recent months

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14289492.West_Ham_midfielder_Mark_Noble_picks_Blackburn_Rovers_legend_Tugay_in_his_best_XI/

• Backroom

Brilliant officiating there

Frustrating for Wednesday but he was clearly offside but the the lack of a touch wasn't clear so the ref and Lino right to confer

Archived