BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

Its amazing how last season's relegation has been airbrushed from history, or at least transformed from the failure that it was into some supposedly grand plan thought up by pioneers of football. Apparently Burnley deliberately got relegated last season as part of a longer term scheme to establish themselves in the top flight. Codswallop.

They've used their Premier League money to put together a very strong and resilient Championship side, that has the knack and know-how to perform well in this frankly awful standard league that we are in. To succeed in the Championship you don't need quality, depth or flair. You need consistency, resilience, to get on the right side of the narrow margins, know how to play the inept officials like Dyche and Barton do every week.

To succeed in the Premier League you need a lot more. They found this out last season when they were relegated, and unless they radically change their approach and spend big or unearth some worldbeaters on a limited budget then the same will happen next season. Watford signed an entire new squad and have run out of steam. Bournemouth spent £30 million and have survived by the skin of their teeth.

The media mafia who eat out of Dyche's hands every week are already hard at work making him into some sort of football goliath whilst completely ignoring the fact that his win percentage in the top flight is among the worst in history. Fair enough, he didn't spend big by top flight standards last season, but the best managers succeed on limited funds, and Dyche failed.

Far too much respect being shown to that lot. They made a choice that they were spending their money on good Championship players rather than Premiership players and the result was relegation at the first time of asking but the benefit was a strong squad for this season. I reckon if we did the same - got up and pocketed all the money - Venkys would be lambasted by Rovers fans for trousering the money and making no effort to survive, yet the Burnley directors are praised as having discovered the new way forward for all promoted clubs - instead of following the Stokes, Swanseas etc. who have established themselves without risking their futures.

Terrific post. Agree 100%

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its amazing how last season's relegation has been airbrushed from history, or at least transformed from the failure that it was into some supposedly grand plan thought up by pioneers of football. Apparently Burnley deliberately got relegated last season as part of a longer term scheme to establish themselves in the top flight. Codswallop.

They've used their Premier League money to put together a very strong and resilient Championship side, that has the knack and know-how to perform well in this frankly awful standard league that we are in. To succeed in the Championship you don't need quality, depth or flair. You need consistency, resilience, to get on the right side of the narrow margins, know how to play the inept officials like Dyche and Barton do every week.

To succeed in the Premier League you need a lot more. They found this out last season when they were relegated, and unless they radically change their approach and spend big or unearth some worldbeaters on a limited budget then the same will happen next season. Watford signed an entire new squad and have run out of steam. Bournemouth spent £30 million and have survived by the skin of their teeth.

The media mafia who eat out of Dyche's hands every week are already hard at work making him into some sort of football goliath whilst completely ignoring the fact that his win percentage in the top flight is among the worst in history. Fair enough, he didn't spend big by top flight standards last season, but the best managers succeed on limited funds, and Dyche failed.

I guess Leicester actually winning the title has put a lot of things into perspective. Mainly how @#/? some of the other managers actually are (and have been) in the top flight.

Well it certainly helps when you don't know any Dingles and live (mostly) thousands of kilometres away.

Heck I'd probably hate Leicester if I had a fan banging on about them and taking the @#/? out of Rovers.

I just don't feel this 'dislike' of Burnley unless I'm at the match. As I've said before on here - it's very liberating to be in another Country - as unless I specifically seek it out nothing that happens back home exists.

As a supporter of Blackburn Rovers its compulsory to dislike that lot down the M65, end of story.

Start hating :D

Well it certainly helps when you don't know any Dingles and live (mostly) thousands of kilometres away.

Heck I'd probably hate Leicester if I had a fan banging on about them and taking the @#/? out of Rovers.

I just don't feel this 'dislike' of Burnley unless I'm at the match. As I've said before on here - it's very liberating to be in another Country - as unless I specifically seek it out nothing that happens back home exists.

I live thousands of miles from Oakland but doesn't stop me hating Raiders

Or not knowing the venky clan don't mean I don't hate them either!

Hating Burnley is rule no1

Rule 2 see rule 1 unless your the crackpot vinjay

I agree with you. Living miles and miles away takes any of the antagonism out of it. Yes, I'm no fan of Burnley, but I don't see people on a daily basis who are supporters so it's never close to me. Neither do I watch Championship football on TV.

This season shows how football can change. When Rovers were beating the now Premier League Champs to gain promotion. Burnley were chuffing around in the lower reaches of the football league with star striker Mike Conroy.

Now Leicester have an England striker and Burnley are getting ready to bank upwards of £80m.

Meanwhile Rovers have Chris Brown up front and are in debt over and above what Burnley are about to see.

The poor header that cost the goal at Ewood

oh right. Ffs I'd forgotten about that up until now.

Overall that match Evans was alright. He was essentially playing as two CMs due to Akpan's horrific performance. I will never forgive Lawrence for that miss

Once had to work with him briefly. A right moody swine.

I had heard he was "creative" with his declarations but didn't believe that someone could be so stupid.

I'm just amazed he earned that much money, his agent must be super human or hiring real chimps must be a ball ache. Speaking of which, ball ache actually raises more of a smile.

• Backroom

Rumours of a chest infection for both earlier this week. Would be strange to drop Rhodes after he's bagged 4 in 4. Either way good luck to the lad - hope they make it today.

If he's ill/injured then fair enough, I suppose. Baffling decision otherwise.

Not really bothered who goes up now, considering the £2m we're owed from Boro if they do go up will just disappear anyway.

Beagrie saying he thinks they went for Nugent due to his work rate. Hope Rhodes comes in and gets the goal to send them up. It would be a fitting end to his time in the championship.

I'd also forgotten how badly Brighton did last season. Finished 20th so that's an amazing change in fortunes. Have they spent big or just bought well?

• Moderation Lead

Preston right now is gridlocked. I know they're playing Leeds but I've never seen anything like it police everywhere

Blackpool Road near the ground is always ludicrously busy, it's absolutely painful.

Preston right now is gridlocked. I know they're playing Leeds but I've never seen anything like it police everywhere

In Preston centre from about 10.30 for a couple of hours - lots of police but no sign of trouble.

Archived