BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

A pretty boring final which summed up the lack of quality that exists in the Championship. Hull deserved it as they at least created a few chances, unlike Wednesday who ultimately shrunk on the big stage and, as far as I remember, failed to create a single decent chance.

Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull. Sky must be thrilled :lol: three very dull additions to the top league, in comparison to last year's trio of Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich.

Very true. And also dull in comparison with the relegated sides. Sky would prefer Brentford, qpr, Leyton orient or reading.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best team won but really glad Wednesday are on the up again.

They've been robbed and pillaged by owners and chairmen since the early 90's, its been a disgrace whats happened to them, nobody knows about it outside of Sheffield but the fans have stuck with the club, protested when required and now they're seeing the rewards with this new chap in charge.

All credit to them :tu:

Agree, but according to plenty on here, just stoping going should be the approach to take?

Agree, but according to plenty on here, just stoping going should be the approach to take?

Plenty stopped going to Wednesday, but the ones remaining protested and fought a good fight, our lot just turn up and do nothing, to much trouble, not worth it.

Embarrassing.

Not the case, since the 90s Sheff Weds average crowds have stayed fairly steady between the 16000- 20000 range.

They've had terrible times, appalling owners, but they've stuck with it, our fans just disappear and we'll never see most of them again.

We too can rise again but we must have a core of fans left to rebuild with.

Not the case, since the 90s Sheff Weds average crowds have stayed fairly steady between the 16000- 20000 range.

They've had terrible times, appalling owners, but they've stuck with it, our fans just disappear and we'll never see most of them again.

We too can rise again but we must have a core of fans left to rebuild with.

Wednesday will have been getting 30k in the early 90's Matty when Waddle, Hurst, Carbone and De Canio played.

I couldn't disagree more with your assumption that our fans won't return either, we'll always have a good following if the products good, its a generational thing and the 90's and 2000's ensure we'll have a great fanbase if the club gets it right, sadly thats a long way off.

Wednesday will have been getting 30k in the early 90's Matty when Waddle, Hurst, Carbone and De Canio played.

I couldn't disagree more with your assumption that our fans won't return either, we'll always have a good following if the products good, its a generational thing and the 90's and 2000's ensure we'll have a great fanbase if the club gets it right, sadly thats a long way off.

Isn't that the definition of a fair weather fan?

You are right, we are a long way off 'getting it right' and that's only likely to happen when Venkys go but I certainly don't see the fans rallying round until we are a Premier League team again (which now looks like a pipe dream). They didn't return after Kean left.

FFP penalises clubs with small fanbases and those without outside investment (which, to attract, requires a decent fanbase or a wealthy fan - or couple of Ian's fans - prepared to pay fines associated with greater spending). In the absence of that, quality on the pitch requires that FFP-friendly income (well it does at Rovers and a handful of other clubs) but that's an ever decreasing circle, as smaller gates equals less money equals poorer quality equals smaller gates. The minority of staunch fans who are staying away until Venkys leave are to be applauded but they number only a few hundred in the scheme of things. The rest just don't like watching Champonship football.

Sorry I wasn't going back to the early 90s as they were a top 3 club then, but by the late 90s they were averaging around 24000, a figure they weren't too far from at various stages since.

My point is, they have always maintained a decent core on the ground, as have many other clubs who have endured absymal owners.

We end up with a deserted ground, I refuse to believe that there are 20000 people just waiting for a Venky departure so they can buy season tickets to help us out of League 1/2. As Stu says, apart from a few hundred actual principled boycotters, the rest can't be arsed watching poor football and most won't be seen again.

It is very dangerous to be almost revelling in how empty Ewood is/going to be. We must think of the long term health of the club, new owners etc, how does a recovery ever happen when the business has no paying customers, plus debts and a large infrastructure to service?

Barnsley, Burton, Rotherham, Bristol city, Huddersfield, maybe even Villa

Huddersfield beat us comfortably at Ewood last season and Bristol drew with us with ten men. After watching them in the play offs I think Barnsley will do well.

For us it will be a real scrap to stay in the league.

Barnsley were bottom in November if they'd of gone on the run earlier they'd of walked that league they battered all the teams at the top and look a Decent outfit

TBH I reckon the sides we'll be battling against to stay up are Burton Rotherham wigan forest and possibly 1 other

Most bookies haven't got the odds out yet

SkyBets I wouldn't take much notice of at the moment

How are they at the moment worse ?

We @#/? brain scrambled owners

12 players

No manager

It's my opinion only. It's impossible to prove one way or another, especially as we are two and a half months from the start of the season. But I believe that we will finish above the teams that I mentioned, maybe it is blind faith, maybe it's just a feeling that I have got after watching football for the past fifty years.

Isn't that the definition of a fair weather fan?

You are right, we are a long way off 'getting it right' and that's only likely to happen when Venkys go but I certainly don't see the fans rallying round until we are a Premier League team again (which now looks like a pipe dream). They didn't return after Kean left.

Every club has fair weather fans Stuart, I remember going to the Villa cup tie back in the late 70's, 30k on that day and under 10k the week after, same with Southampton and United FA Cup games in 80's, its just the nature of football I'm afraid for clubs the size of ours.

Sorry I wasn't going back to the early 90s as they were a top 3 club then, but by the late 90s they were averaging around 24000, a figure they weren't too far from at various stages since.

My point is, they have always maintained a decent core on the ground, as have many other clubs who have endured absymal owners.

We end up with a deserted ground, I refuse to believe that there are 20000 people just waiting for a Venky departure so they can buy season tickets to help us out of League 1/2. As Stu says, apart from a few hundred actual principled boycotters, the rest can't be arsed watching poor football and most won't be seen again.

It is very dangerous to be almost revelling in how empty Ewood is/going to be. We must think of the long term health of the club, new owners etc, how does a recovery ever happen when the business has no paying customers, plus debts and a large infrastructure to service?

We can't really compare ourselves to Wednesday, the city of Sheffield is massive but I know where you're coming from.

I just disagree with the assumption that the fans will not return, if the owners crawl back under the rock and product improves then we'll have no problem packing them back in.

But I don't think it should be under estimated the damage the owners have caused and are continuing to cause, people will only take so much and that in itself backs up your assertion that once gone they'll never come back.

We need the owners gone, time to stop hiding behind excuses.

• Backroom

Looking like Steve Kean will become Leeds Utd next head coach.

But it's a rumour started by a fake journo account

Looking like Steve Kean will become Leeds Utd next head coach.

Unfortunately it seems to be a wind up, Gary Monk is the new favourite which is not good news for us. At least with Kean at Leeds we would only need to worry about the two remaining relegation spots

• Backroom

Kean's got it pretty easy in his little backwater, doesn't he? He's raking it in there I assume, so unless the Crown Prince is getting ready to throw him out, I'm not sure he'd be interested in Leeds.

That should be funny but seeing his face on TV again would just make me angry. Just the thought of it makes me want to swear.

He is an unmasked imposter and any club who brings him in deserves all they get.

Archived