BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2015/16 Fixtures

With the fixtures to be released on Wednesday, I thought best to start a thread.

I'm hoping for Preston home or away Boxing Day (Burnley would never happen due to police)

Also hope we play Burnley away from home in the first half of the season, meaning a second half of the season match at home, March or April time.

My opening fixture guess.....................................Hull City (A)

Key Dates for the diary

7th/8th/9th August 2015 - Season Starts

11th/12th August 2015 - Capital One Cup 1st Round (draw to be made Tuesday 16th June)

26th/28th December 2015 and 2nd January 2016 - Festive Fixtures

8th/9th/10th/11th January 2016 - FA Cup 3rd Round weekend

28th February 2016 - Capital One Cup Final

7th May 2016 - Championship Season finishes

21st May 2016 - FA Cup Final

28th May 2016 - Championship Play Off Final

10th June 2016 - Euro 2016 in France begins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knobbers home or away will do me, catch em cold and get it out the way before my tolerance levels towards them blow :)

I came across an old early 90's copy of the fanzine WSC the other day. Glancing through it was an article on derbies and why the trend strayed away from the tradition of having them on bank hols when public transport makes distance a bit difficult. In the article someone from the league said in pre season meetings some club chairmen wanted those fixtures moved should the computer throw them up on bank hols. Reasoning was that a bank hol fixture usually produces a larger crowd and away following than normal whoever the opposition whereas local derbies will always get a good crowd no matter when they are played.

Makes sense but even in the early days of the Prem the first seeds of sod the fans were being sown.

So fixtures announced at 9am. Other than a few local derbies today is a grim reminder of where the venkys have taken us. That said I've never been Brighton, the new Cardiff stadium or loftus road so few new grounds to potentially tick off. Beyond that not a lot out there for our mid table consolidation push.

So fixtures announced at 9am. Other than a few local derbies today is a grim reminder of where the venkys have taken us. That said I've never been Brighton, the new Cardiff stadium or loftus road so few new grounds to potentially tick off. Beyond that not a lot out there for our mid table consolidation push.

"we'd smash up Blackburn and the coppers know it" HAHAHAHAHA

• Backroom

It's an uninteresting milestone but still a milestone in the closed season.

Remember you can't post the full list here

List on front page of official site

http://www.rovers.co.uk/

29th August Wankies Home

24th Oct Dingles Home

21st November Nobend Away

28th December Wankies Away

5th March Dingles Away

2nd April Nobend Home

Boxing Day - Boro Home

SEVEN games in April !!!

No Easter fixtures

Reading at Home on the last, Lap of 'honour' Day

• Moderation Lead

Just waiting for some bright spark from Lancashire Police to remind us that human beings can't be trusted to travel 13 miles (8 in my case) between football stadiums......

It's so annoying. My mate lives over dingle way as his mrs is a midwife in Burnley hospital. So he has to drive from bonleh to ewood to get a bus to turd moor, back to ewood then drive back to Burnley. A journey which should take him a round trip of 10-15 mins takes him about half a day. But who are the fans to stand in the way of lancashire constabulary earning out of it.

• Moderation Lead

I've got a pal that lives in Blacko (Rovers fan) that won't bother with Burnley away for the exact same reason. They just add fuel to the fire with these stupid restrictions.

I drink in my local with Rovers and Burnley fans regularly and nothing happens, how strange.....

Archived