BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see any more permanent signings now unless(or until) we do actually sell gestede or Rhodes(or both) would be good if we could get Doneil back on loan but I cant see that happening(mybe in the January window if he isn't getting games where he is)

Well I for one believe that Furman and coke just weren't up to it.. And I'm entitled to my view thanks very much..!

I'm sorry if some of my views wind you up. Get up and go and make a brew, sit back and chill for a while.. Jeez..

Is that the victim card I see being played now ....jeez.

I cant see any more permanent signings now unless(or until) we do actually sell gestede or Rhodes(or both) would be good if we could get Doneil back on loan but I cant see that happening(mybe in the January window if he isn't getting games where he is)

Possible that we paid doneil a wage at the time we no longer can unless the embargo was lifted..

Sour grapes. Read between the lines - we couldn't convince them to sign for Bowyer 10k. Not when every other Championship club bar one can offer more.

The Championship must be in a fantastic state, by the way. Plenty of very healthy FUP-approved clubs around. Makes one wonder why the rule is even necessary. Oh yes, I remember, so jealous FL clubs can crucify ex PL regulars with PL infrastructures and bring them down to their level. In the interests of *cough* fairness.

No sour grapes from me Stuart. I genuinely couldn't care less and am thinking maybe it is a simple case of he wasn't that great. Some have championed him way beyond his abilities (on FB ) and deem a captain of South Africa to be a saviour and borderline Avenger.

Look quite obvious signings to me. Petshi is young physical and destructive. Great cover in the 2 of a 4231.

Koita is Kings replacement quick winger / forward type. Will end the pursuit of Maguire sadly IMO.

Both players are young enough to have resale values if they do well.

My guess is that as things stand...they will go for cover for Marshall in that no.10 role - Kim

The signings will then be done for now with the possibs of more pending the sale of one or more of our coveted strikers and / or injuries.

So basically a @#/? summer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok pecious

Pitch forks at the ready, have u got your tourch lit yet

For my money JayPeePee is on a very clever windup. He is expressing opinions many find aggravating - "everything is great we just need more time" - without actually having made any supporting argument nor watched the team or offered any insight. He doesn't get personal or insulting which is good, but its empty content.

He'll continue to do this in a passive aggressive way ad infinitum. I've stuck him on ignore. Suggest others who find it annoying do the same and avoid the bickering it is likely to provoke on board (which is what I think he is after).

For my money JayPeePee is on a very clever windup. He is expressing opinions many find aggravating - "everything is great we just need more time" - without actually having made any supporting argument nor watched the team or offered any insight. He doesn't get personal or insulting which is good, but its empty content.

He'll continue to do this in a passive aggressive way ad infinitum. I've stuck him on ignore. Suggest others who find it annoying do the same and avoid the bickering it is likely to provoke on board (which is what I think he is after).

I just support my team, end of. If you find that aggravating, then sorry.

We need defenders. Duffy, Hanley and Spurr are not good enough...

That's a problem.

I can remember Craig short being called a cart horse when he first came to the club..

Get behind the lads for goodness sake and stop slating them..! That's all I'm getting at in my postings.. I won't want to return to the games if all I'm hearing from fellow fans is our own players or our manager getting abuse..! What kind of entertainment is that every weekend..?

That's a problem.

Only one I would question is Hanley and if he gets back to 2013 form he would be good to have. Personally think Duffy and Spurr are decent enough.

Think we still need one more experienced head at the back though. We should have at least two commanding centre backs. If Killa gets injured we would be back to defensive organisation problems.

That's a problem.

A bit harsh on all of them - IMO both Hanley and Duffy can be decent, but not together they need the experience of Kilgallon alongside them. Spurr was great in his first season - not so great when coming back from injury last season - so needs to be given another chance ( though is likely to be behind Olsson anyway)

I'm just pointing out a painful fact. I hate being second best, especially to teams in the 2nd tier and when the reason for it is inept ownership it becomes very difficult to forgive. I agree, it is not nice to go to games and hear what you've said above. However I actually don't think we moan enough as fans, I think we have been far too nice over the past 4 years, and standing their clapping each week only allows the owners to continue as they are. They should be forced to speak out and they should be pressured to attend games or they should swiftly move on.

Let's face it, everything is not okay at a level that matters most so let's not pretend for entertainment's sake.

I've seen enough of Duffy, Hanley and Spurr to know they're not promotion or playoff material and if they are then the manager and his coaching staff need sacking. The embargo should have made that decision a lot simpler.

I know it is most likely that we didn't sign Furman and Coke due to higher than 10k wages however maybe we didn't sign them because we preferred the two French guys and so under the restrictions we couldn't add more squad players/wasted wages? Too much positive thinking?

I hope these guys come good and we manage to hold on to one of our strikers. Maybe add Kim to that and I think it will have been a successful window given our circumstances.

I think we signed the french lads because they'll have the hunger required to succeed. Furman and coke have had their chances already and have achieved not much..

I've seen enough of Duffy, Hanley and Spurr to know they're not promotion or playoff material and if they are then the manager and his coaching staff need sacking. The embargo should have made that decision a lot simpler.

I think hoping for a play off push is beyond us in our current circumstances. Midtable would be a decent achievement this coming season, esp if Rudy goes. If Rhodes goes too, then midtable would be an excellent season.

I do believe willo and Lowe will start the season in the centre I have to admit. Be patient, it takes time for a partnership to click right, even seasons.

You're right. Rachel and Ross. Castle and Beckett. Brennan and Booth. Sam and Dianne. Lorelei and Luke. Mulder and Sculley.

Archived