BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Now if we sign Furman as well as Neophox suggests and Kim signs then we arguably have a full squad again until someone gets sold.

Hard to be that excited about Koita. Totally left field one. Very strange we haven't trialled him? Sadly reminiscent of the portugeezers...

Edit - ah he has played Ligue One footie regularly so a bit better than the portugeezers

Neophox also said Petshi had been sent home because he wasn't good enough.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on - Bowyer has said for a while we need more pace in the team - everybody that watches us say we need more pace in the team - we buy a player who allegedly has pace - and people still moan.

Is this the same Gary Bowyer who refused to pick King despite his obvious pace?

If you want to find talent, Brazil and Argentina. Only issue is work permit, and dodgy 3rd party ownership. But we like controversy anyway ;)

Neither Brazilians or Argentinians have a great record of adjusting to English football, let alone the hustle and bustle of the championship..

Neither Brazilians or Argentinians have a great record of adjusting to English football, let alone the hustle and bustle of the championship..

We'd have no chance of work permits for the types of Brazilians and Argies that we could attract. Not without dual nationalities (does seem a fair few have those though).

Not too sure about our new signings...but that has a lot to do with knowing bugger all about them! I will definitely give them a chance, and admit I know little, but speculating about the pros and cons of total unknowns is a transfer window ritual.

Petschi seems an odd one. That means we now have Lowe, Williamson, Evans, Petschi, and if Neophox is right (though he did say Petschi was a goner) we are still looking to get Furman. Five CMs. This surely means we aren't planning to get any more, and from what has been discussed of Petschi and Furman here, whilst they do sound to be a little more forward thinking than our current deadly trio, it does imply we won't be bringing in anybody with anything like Cairney's creativity. Kim was well spoken of everywhere I saw, so it does sound like a bit of a shame if he's off the table. If he isn't, what the hell are we doing bloating the midfield in our position? And then there's the kids. Lenihan and O'Sullivan can't expect to see much game time amidst all that, not that I was salivating at the prospect of them anyway.

The other Frenchie just seems like a straight replacement for King. Non-prolific, strong (possibly! Going off the look of him on the goal clip), fairly quick, about the same age (though a year and a half older). Forward and winger (I think someone said he can play there anyway). Either way he has to be better than Brown.

Have to agree to an extent Den...we can bring in a certain amount, but if we are to bring in any more CMs then surely we will need to jettison one. That said, I don't especially care for any of the ones we have left, and doubt we could shift them, so will be more like wee with the willy we've got now.

We'd have no chance of work permits for the types of Brazilians and Argies that we could attract. Not without dual nationalities (does seem a fair few have those though).

Makes you wonder how we signed Bruno Ribeiro.

I'm not sure why there seems to be a feeling of disappointment about Furman. I can only think it's because he captains the national side. But I really wouldn't be able to tell you a single good or bad thing about his game. Maybe others have seen him play. But for me,at twenty seven he'd already have made progress if he was going to. No harm taking a look but if he's been ducked it's probably for good reason.

Furman doesn't seem much different physically and ability wise than Evans and Williamson, Petschi though might turn out not to have much ability but physically he's different to what we have already have in midfield/defence(I know hes not listed as a cd anyway but I can see him doing a job there if needs be)and I can seem him being a real nuisance for the oppo with his physical presence alone(like samba) during setpieces.

Spot on - Bowyer has said for a while we need more pace in the team - everybody that watches us say we need more pace in the team - we buy a player who allegedly has pace - and people still moan.

thats cos we sold one with blistering pace and good control.

Uh, ok. I'll just say...I hope so.

Once again, suspicious of home grown talent. Why is that..?

thats cos we sold one with blistering pace and good control.

Good control? Josh king? Your having a laugh surely..? And we didn't sell him, his contract expired!

Makes you wonder how we signed Bruno Ribeiro.

Simple.... sign him but don't play him. Till's rolling Kerchiiiing!

Once again, suspicious of home grown talent. Why is that..?

Good control? Josh king? Your having a laugh surely..? And we didn't sell him, his contract expired!

? Did I put a :lol: after my post? :huh:

Archived