BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

So many people have backed themselves into such a corner with Rhodes, that they're inventing strengths of Gestede 's to discredit Rhodes ;-)

Jonathan Douglas has been told he can leave Brentford, 33 years old now but after Marrow and Judge wonder if GB is tempted to give him a one year deal...

Maybe we can sign him, not play him, then complain that we can't pass FFP?

Maybe we can sign him, not play him, then complain that we can't pass FFP?

Said it more on whether GB would be considering it as opposed to me saying I want us to sign him. Furman looks a much better option

When has Rudy EVER run the flanks? The chap barely runs at all. I think because Rudy is a big lad who wins a lot of headers, people are just blind to the fact that his hold-up game isn't much better than Rhodes's, if at all. He wins a few headers that go to no one yet doesn't really bring in other players that much as his footballing brain isn't that great. Rhodes actually does very well with the ball into feet, often draws a foul or brings in the likes of Conway. I think you're incredibly harsh on him den, and I have no doubt you never mentioned these issues with his game before last season, where Bowyer's football (and IMO his training to make Rhodes stronger and thus slower) have dumbed down not only the team's game but also Rhodes's.

As I suggested to Gordon, feel free to youtube Rhodes's goals and Rudy's and spot the difference. Hell, on a few occasions Rhodes even harries defenders and forces mistakes to get a goal, something you don't see Rudy do.

Long live the BRFCS cliché... :rolleyes:

He's played for Caen and Montpellier in the first division and had a few games for the French U21 side. Hardly a glittering CV but he must have something in his locker. Also despite a supposedly poor goal scoring record it is actually better than Gestede's was before he joined us and better than Josh King's in his time with us.

When has Rudy EVER run the flanks? The chap barely runs at all. I think because Rudy is a big lad who wins a lot of headers, people are just blind to the fact that his hold-up game isn't much better than Rhodes's, if at all. He wins a few headers that go to no one yet doesn't really bring in other players that much as his footballing brain isn't that great. Rhodes actually does very well with the ball into feet, often draws a foul or brings in the likes of Conway. I think you're incredibly harsh on him den, and I have no doubt you never mentioned these issues with his game before last season, where Bowyer's football (and IMO his training to make Rhodes stronger and thus slower) have dumbed down not only the team's game but also Rhodes's.

As I suggested to Gordon, feel free to youtube Rhodes's goals and Rudy's and spot the difference. Hell, on a few occasions Rhodes even harries defenders and forces mistakes to get a goal, something you don't see Rudy do.

Well firstly - who's said that Gestede runs the flanks? Not me Mustard. I don't rate Gestede as a footballer.

Secondly, I've been praising Rhodes finishing abilities, while calling out Rhodes weaknesses virtually since we bought him. I've seen nothing that warrants a change of mind there. My point has always been that £8m + huge wages should never have been wasted on one player. it was a massive investment that got us nowhere. So I think you're wrong on both points.

You wouldn't authorise that investment on one player, for a mid table finish would you?

• Backroom

Why do people keep saying Furman looks a good option? Is it purely cause he scored last week?

I know very little about him I must say

This French guy looks exactly in the mould GB is looking for. A young-ish player with some potential. GB is always talking about how he thinks he can improve players that come here, he possibly thinks the same with this guy.

Must have something about him to have played a couple of games for the French u21 and play in the top lge of France. Seems to be conflicting info on whether he's a striker or right winger. Suspect he's a replacement for King and Kim is a replacement for Cairney. King isn't a huge loss, but Cairney will be tough to replace. Not sure Kim is up to Cairney's level.

Why do people keep saying Furman looks a good option? Is it purely cause he scored last week?

I know very little about him I must say

Not because he scored last week, I think he's a good option due to the fact he looks like the type to bring some leadership to our centre midfield, him and Cairney would have been a decent centre midfield had Cairney not been sold. Looks like Petschi has signed now instead?

I still think GB will avoid signing a centre mid seeing as we have Evans, he re-signed Will, golden boy is back and there's the young lads just stepped up. He's never done much about that area in recent seasons.

Meh. Let's see what he's like in the flesh. We are desperate for centre midfielders, just hope he's better than what we have.

But he's a Rover so let's give him a chance.

Archived