BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

You know them. They have been actively quoted out...leaked. Accidentally on purpose.

You don't need to test me mate. I'm just a fan who has mates within the coaching set up. I have no agenda. People just get bogged down with conspiracies and can't see the woods for the trees.

I'm not testing you at all, you claim to know the fees Mani, surely it's acceptable to pose the question, what are they?

There does appear to be some kind of stand off between rovers and the bidding clubs, a case of waiting to see who blinks first. This will probably go on till the last day of the window..

You keep referring to 'us' as Rovers?

"Between Rovers and the bidding clubs"

Strange JayPee? Are you a fan from another country?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not testing you at all, you claim to know the fees Mani, surely it's acceptable to pose the question, what are they?

You keep referring to 'us' as Rovers?

"Between Rovers and the bidding clubs"

Strange JayPee? Are you a fan from another country?

Always refer to 'us' as 'the rovers'..

£10m up front plus add ons for Rhodes

£7m up front plus add ons for Rudy

There's nothing Iv seen or heard which suggests any different. Rhodes price was set very early on...by the management I might add. As in, "we'd snatch their hand off for £10m up front"

There's nothing Iv seen or heard which suggests any different. Rhodes price was set very early on...by the management I might add. As in, "we'd snatch their hand off for £10m up front"

Cheers for that Mani.

I thought Rhodes fee was a straight 12m, but that may include add ons.

Always refer to 'us' as 'the rovers'..

Well you didn't above, you referred to 'us' as rovers, but I'll not spilt hairs.

You're from UK?

It's so boring being a rovers fan right now, the same old conversation recycled again and again and again.. 😞

Cheers for that Mani.

I thought Rhodes fee was a straight 12m, but that may include add ons.

Well you didn't above, you referred to 'us' as rovers, but I'll not spilt hairs.

You're from UK?

Yes, but I'll give out no further info than that. Who I am is not relevant really..

Yes, but I'll give out no further info than that. Who I am is not relevant really..

We're all Rovers fans around here JayPee, don't be so touchy, we've nothing to hide.

You never know who's lurking in the shadows online, its a creepy old world.. 😶

Yes so many people pretending to be someone or something they're not, weirded indeed.

And I reckon someone will pay those fees before the window shuts and I don't claim to be an in the knower, I'm just guessing

Just googled Kim, he was on £936,000 pa in 2012, obviously we don't know how accurate that is, but seems like he'd have to take

a big cut to sign for us.

Stock has fallen since then, being released from a championship club and getting relegated isn't exactly going to add naughts onto his bank account.

Stock has fallen since then, being released from a championship club and getting relegated isn't exactly going to add naughts onto his bank account.

Indeed. It's 650k ish we can pay isn't it? Relegation will have, under most standard contracts, seen his wage drop already. Then he got released and signed only a very short term contract at Wigan, who likely paid him the same or less. So not much of a drop, if it's even a drop.

Something occurs to me though. We keep talking about this limit of whatever it is that we can pay incoming players. But from what I recall, it is actually...60%? Of the wage any departing player was on. It only reaches the 11k per week type region therefore if a departing player was on a fair bit more. We can't pay everyone like that. Sorry for not recalling the exact percentages and wage caps, but you get the point. It's one that it seems all of us have forgotten. We can replace Robbo up to the max, and Best. Cairney and King, I'm not so sure. And after that it's very small fry wages. What's 60% of what Josh Morris was earning for example?

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you can pay the full amount until you reach the squad limit, and then may be limited to a percent of what a departing player earns.

Am I the only one that wondered why Rovers were signing a Korean dictator?

I'm certain that North Korea's army might come in handy for a playoff push, if things get desperate. :tu:

It is encouraging that everyone on here who has seen Kim reckons he is decent.

Sounds like we are interested in him as an "in the hole" player rather than midfield proper. So more a replacement for King or Dunn rather than Cairney.

Kim sounds like a very decent player. I hope he signs.

I'm not sure mate. Haven't spoken to anyone re specific players. The current regime aren't big talkers Tbf.

However, the overriding impression I have had from the start is that the signings are purely the management teams. No interference from Venky's. I know it will kill the conspiracy theorists in here but there aren't dark forces working anymore.

Kim will likely be a recommendation in terms of his character and footballing attributes. There's usually a personal link because they're hell bent on getting the right types of lads. My reservation on him is that someone broke the story and it wasn't the club. So prob his agent with a view to stimulating more interest.

Would be a bloody great signing considering our circumstances!! For all their faults, they can find a player!!

Tommy Johnson(Rovers Chief scout) knows Kim from his days as Cardiff Chief scout so you can see a personal link there

The evidence is all around you - lots of it as well since the season ended.

Some seem blinded by a myth that V's wont sell cheap.

Watch the August sales !

Come on Mani, put your balls on the block.

Will Gestede and Rhodes be here come 1 September ?

I say they wont.

in all Fairness Mercerman, you have been saying Rhodes would leave for the past 2 seasons and guess what he is STILL HERE.

You keep saying that the Rovers owners want "quick cash" as Mercerman put it but then rejected a bid for Gestede from Watford. The bid was reported to be 5 mil up front with 4 mil in add on's. so yet again your theory/suggestion DOESNT ADD UP.

Thanks for sharing that Mani.

in Today LT

Gary Bowyer: Blackburn Rovers have had no contact with Middlesbrough over Jordan Rhodes

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13476444.Gary_Bowyer__Blackburn_Rovers_have_had_no_contact_with_Middlesbrough_over_Jordan_Rhodes/?ref=mac

I'm not sure mate. Haven't spoken to anyone re specific players. The current regime aren't big talkers Tbf.

However, the overriding impression I have had from the start is that the signings are purely the management teams. No interference from Venky's. I know it will kill the conspiracy theorists in here but there aren't dark forces working anymore.

Kim will likely be a recommendation in terms of his character and footballing attributes. There's usually a personal link because they're hell bent on getting the right types of lads. My reservation on him is that someone broke the story and it wasn't the club. So prob his agent with a view to stimulating more interest.

Would be a bloody great signing considering our circumstances!! For all their faults, they can find a player!!

I agree. Also think. Furman could proove a good signing. Furman is a leader. Something we have missed on the pitch.

Also think terminating Derek Shaws contract would be the last descent thing for Venkys to do and installing a proper director. Not a Die hard Preston fan.

Furman and Cooke still here training yesterday with the lads. Petschi and Nolan not good enough.

I agree. Also think. Furman could proove a good signing. Furman is a leader. Something we have missed on the pitch.

Also think terminating Derek Shaws contract would be the last descent thing for Venkys to do and installing a proper director. Not a Die hard Preston fan.

Furman and Cooke still here training yesterday with the lads. Petschi and Nolan not good enough.

Yeah, like I said... Furman, Maguire and Kim would represent a brilliant bit of business in the circumstances IMO.

I'm not sure anyone will offer the 'up front' money on Rhodes or Gestede. I'm not sure they're actually worth those amounts...

However, I do think Gaz is setting us up for a 4231 or a 4411 formation with Marshall or Kim deployed as a 10 behind the striker...if so then that appears to suggest that they expect to lose one of the two.

We will see.

Yeah, like I said... Furman, Maguire and Kim would represent a brilliant bit of business in the circumstances IMO.

I'm not sure anyone will offer the 'up front' money on Rhodes or Gestede. I'm not sure they're actually worth those amounts...

However, I do think Gaz is setting us up for a 4231 or a 4411 formation with Marshall or Kim deployed as a 10 behind the striker...if so then that appears to suggest that they expect to lose one of the two.

We will see.

tonight should be interesting to see if he goes with the 4-5-1 for a half. That formation would certainly help bridge the gap between our midfield and strikers which has been a big problem under Bowyer.

I think it was Charlton at home last season when Marshall played in the 'hole' behind Rhodes and Charlton couldn't handle them. If we're going for that formation i think i'd prefer Rhodes to Rudy as the front man as his movement is superb in and around the box. We need to use Rhodes better this season and not have him chasing flick-ons 40 yards from goal and instead get him the ball in the box.

It's the one thing that grates with me, 'we don't play to Rhodes strengths'.. Well as a footballer, he has no strengths.. He is a finisher, nothing more..

A footballers strength is finishing, especially if you're a striker.

Playing to his strengths is giving him the ball to his feet in and around the box, not up round his ears like we do most weeks, which you'll know of course.

We will see.

tell you what Mani, if we sign up those 3, and manage to miraculously hold onto Rhodes and Gestede, then it would be outstanding imo. I do believe though that as much as Lennihan and the rest are coming through, we still need a Baptiste replacement, or at least one more experienced and solid CB option

Mercer has done everything possible to ignore questions posed to him about his story about one of our youth players being snapped up. He stated that as fact and it never came about.

He's also had Rhodes sold 4 times so far. Of course he'll be sold at some stage but he's guaranteed it the last two windows.

Now he's saying the same again and that they will go cheap. I won't be surprised if Rhodes and Gestede do go but it won't be on the cheap.

A footballers strength is finishing, especially if you're a striker.

Playing to his strengths is giving him the ball to his feet in and around the box, not up round his ears like we do most weeks, which you'll know of course.

I admit myself I didn't attend a single game last season, so no need to keep alluding to it like I'm trying to keep it a secret.. 😯

Archived