BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Kim is not a done deal. His wage demands are above the £10k that Rovers are offering but he is considering us which suggests that the other offers that he has aren't from clubs in the championship or above. That said I am sure that his agent will be touting him all over the place to see if anyone else is interested.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim is not a done deal. His wage demands are above the £10k that Rovers are offering but he is considering us which suggests that the other offers that he has aren't from clubs in the championship or above. That said I am sure that his agent will be touting him all over the place to see if anyone else is interested.

And lower we go. Probably ends up to dingles just because they can.

Very shortsighted. Of course we needed keepers. We had Robbo who was on £30k a week and was finished (has he got a new club yet?) and Kean who had very average loans spells at Yeovil and I think Oldham, and the only club to show an interest this summer is Northamoton. Steele is a bargain at £100k and Eastwood and Raya cost nowt. Hardly wasted money and if we didn't sign those players when we did we might be up @#/? creek now with a load of League1/2 keepers on trial cos that's all we can afford.

Disagree. Steele is no better than Eastwood or Raya so why waste a wage on a third keeper.

Likewise he's no better than Robbo last season who we had to pay anyway.

So in both cases there were 2 just as good keepers we could have played. Definitely a waste of money.

Lol. He must surely know that we can't pay over that price. I guess he is using us as a stalking horse.

Come on Stuart !

All's not lost, he's bound to have been impressed by Derek and Gaz.

Very probably.

I actually hope we do sign him. It could be very good for us for Korean coverage.

Very probably.

I actually hope we do sign him. It could be very good for us for Korean coverage.

Yup, they're stocking up on blue and white shirts as I write in Pyongyang.

And nuclear missiles.

Kim is not a done deal. His wage demands are above the £10k that Rovers are offering but he is considering us which suggests that the other offers that he has aren't from clubs in the championship or above.

Or just that other Championship clubs are only offering about the same or less. I do wonder if we are being used to entice others off the bench here.

• Backroom

Sounds like he is hoping to go elsewhere but if he did come to Ewood you would think he would sign here if other opportunities don't arise

What happened to McGuire or was that just smoke and mirrors as well ?

In fairness, although we've been pretty shoddy in our dealings so far, the difference between smoke and mirrors and just not pulling things off may be relevant here.

Think the world at Rovers has changed dramatically since Hull's £12m Rhodes offer last August and even from January's window.

IMV, Boro offer £7 to £8m up front for Rhodes then he's gone.

The bottom line is that V's seem to want cash quick - whilst they wont give Rhodes / Gestede away, you can forget all the fanciful valuations of the past.

I honestly don't get it...for all their faults, the one thing you can count on is that Venky's will not sell without a fight!! What actual evidence have you seen that anything has changed? Cairney? Yeah we got £3-4m for a championship player who flattered to deceive last season...so what? It was good money!!

So many on here just believe what they want to regardless of what is staring them in the face.

Regardless of whether or not they are planning their exit Venky's WILL NOT SELL CHEAP!! End of.

So, unless the high valuations are met, expect Marshall, Rhodes and Rudy to still be here!! Simple.

Mani: whats your impression of Kim. Do you think he will sign? Fit s the bill for Venkys wanting an asia superstar at Rovers..

As been said here. The gaffer is having meetings woth players...players seems to want to come to rovers even though we cant pay them over the odds anymore.. expecting Furman to join later this week. All trials will end after game on tuesday and decisions /contracts given.

In fairness, although we've been pretty shoddy in our dealings so far, the difference between smoke and mirrors and just not pulling things off may be relevant here.

Hope so bruce but I need a lot of convincing these days :wacko:

Hope so bruce but I need a lot of convincing these days :wacko:

Doesn't matter mate, either way is crap (although the latter maybe more understandable given our restrictions), it's just a case of how to apportion the blame really.

Neophex, I am expecting Furman to sign permanent here shortly.

After Bristol City bought a striker today we must be the only club in the league yet to sign anyone. The silence is deafening.

Hull City havent sign anyone yet I think

Just been reading the Daily Mirror website that Bruce may quit Hull over the lack of signings and funds.

So everyone is getting excited at a signing that wouldn't have got into our reserve side 6/7yrs ago.

Season tickets can't be bought at the moment fir some reason, which is amateurish.

I just wish energy would be directed at getting these bloody idiots out of our club. It's a joke, laughable, disgusting, why do we put up with it?

Yup, they're stocking up on blue and white shirts as I write in Pyongyang.

And nuclear missiles.

when we were in south Korea it was very noticeable that any team with a Korean player got considerable tv coverage. I'm assuming this was just a wind up post and you do actually know the difference between pyong yang and seoul.

Mani: whats your impression of Kim. Do you think he will sign? Fit s the bill for Venkys wanting an asia superstar at Rovers..

As been said here. The gaffer is having meetings woth players...players seems to want to come to rovers even though we cant pay them over the odds anymore.. expecting Furman to join later this week. All trials will end after game on tuesday and decisions /contracts given.

I'm not sure mate. Haven't spoken to anyone re specific players. The current regime aren't big talkers Tbf.

However, the overriding impression I have had from the start is that the signings are purely the management teams. No interference from Venky's. I know it will kill the conspiracy theorists in here but there aren't dark forces working anymore.

Kim will likely be a recommendation in terms of his character and footballing attributes. There's usually a personal link because they're hell bent on getting the right types of lads. My reservation on him is that someone broke the story and it wasn't the club. So prob his agent with a view to stimulating more interest.

Would be a bloody great signing considering our circumstances!! For all their faults, they can find a player!!

Archived