BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Boro fans think it's nailed on Rhodes is joining them

Just had a look at some forums. Doesn't seem to be the case to me. Most seem to be dismissing it out of hand as a 'nothing article'. Not that they'd know anything more than we do.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the world at Rovers has changed dramatically since Hull's £12m Rhodes offer last August and even from January's window.

IMV, Boro offer £7 to £8m up front for Rhodes then he's gone.

The bottom line is that V's seem to want cash quick - whilst they wont give Rhodes / Gestede away, you can forget all the fanciful valuations of the past.

Yaaawn!

You think the doom merchants have misjudged the situation then and the clappers have got it spot on?

Im neither a clapper or a doom merchant, I'm somewhere in between. I do not see cairney's sale as evidence of a fire sale, indeed I don't believe he was anything more than a sub option in bowyer's mind, and of course bowyer would never say that publicly as it would be unprofessional..

Im neither a clapper or a doom merchant, I'm somewhere in between. I do not see cairney's sale as evidence of a fire sale, indeed I don't believe he was anything more than a sub option in bowyer's mind..

It's Bowyer's tinkering mind that worries me. God only knows what he is thinking and seeing sometimes.

It's Bowyer's tinkering mind that worries me. God only knows what he is thinking and seeing sometimes.

I'll agree on that, but let's not forget he is still learning as a manager.. I'd like to see him address the goals against problem personally, making us harder to beat, but I expect to hear fans moan if it means we score less. Managers just can't win sometimes..

Ah I didn't look at the forums didn't know many on there are dismissing it ..I checked Facebook and that and saw loads commenting on it

Said Boro have entered negotiations and just need to agree fee

If that's the case then this needs to be reported to the FA... "Tapping up"

• Backroom

At the moment no regular starter from last season has left the club.. Right now we still have a pretty decent squad, albeit a small one..

Pretty sure Cairney was a regular

I'll tell you now that no way that they will take £7-£8 million for Rhodes, not a chance. They have recently proved with Rudy that while they are willing to sell him and Rhodes they will not accept bids that are below their valuation, nor will they accept any "buy now pay later" type bids.

For what it is worth, my personal opinion is that both Rudy and Rhodes will be gone by 30th August, simply because come the end of the transfer window there are PL clubs who will get desperate and pay Rovers their valuations, same happened last year. Hull flirted with a few £8 million bids at the start of the window for Rhodes, eventually they decided to pay what Rovers wanted (£12 million) only for Balaji to veto it. This year though if someone does meet Venky's valuation then there will be no veto and the players will be sold.

What we do know is that seemingly V's want to make sales. Given that start point, if no club is prepared to meet their valuations for the two then they will have to take what is on offer.

If they don't, they have three options:

1) Increase overdraft facility with BOI - unlikely

2) Issue more share capital in VLL in order to allow VLL to lend Rovers further monies to keep the club afloat - unlikely, as just ratchets up further their huge losses

3) Allow the club to enter insolvency - unlikely as they recover nothing

As these three options are very unlikely, or at least insolvency is unlikely until they've salvaged something from an almost 'distressed asset' sale, they therefore have to sell and at a price some club is prepared to pay.

I believe V's are between a rock and a hard place and all the macho posturing and emotional fantasy about £12m+ for Rhodes will do them no good whatsoever. Most clubs are run by capable Exec. Management teams and make no mistake they will have read the script.

I'll agree on that, but let's not forget he is still learning as a manager.. I'd like to see him address the goals against problem personally, making us harder to beat, but I expect to hear fans moan if it means we score less. Managers just can't win sometimes..

He should always be learning as a manger.

What we do know is that seemingly V's want to make sales. Given that start point, if no club is prepared to meet their valuations for the two then they will have to take what is on offer.If they don't, they have three options:1) Increase overdraft facility with BOI - unlikely2) Issue more share capital in VLL in order to allow VLL to lend Rovers further monies to keep the club afloat - unlikely, as just ratchets up further their huge losses3) Allow the club to go into insolvency - unlikely as they recover nothingAs these three options are very unlikely, or at least insolvency is unlikely until they've salvaged something from an almost 'distressed asset' sale, they therefore have to sell and at a price some club is prepared to pay.I believe V's are between a rock and a hard place and all the macho posturing and emotional fantasy about £12m+ for Rhodes will do them no good whatsoever. Must clubs are run by capable Exec. Management teams and make no mistake they will have read the script.

Hmmmmmm.........who to believe - you or Kamy. It's a chin rubber alright.

That u21 story?

Pretty sure Cairney was a regular

You have to ask why Jaypeebee wouldn't know that :rock:

Anyway on Rhodes, the local newspaper in Middlesborough are running the story that they're making contact with us this week to negotiate a deal, so its got legs this, but only if they pay the going rate, simple as that.

Hmmmmmm.........who to believe - you or Kamy. It's a chin rubber alright.

Really ?

An analogy - your house is falling down, who do you consult, an architect or a journalist ?

As far as I am aware, Kamy has no financial expertise which might help with his understanding of the situation.

At the moment no regular starter from last season has left the club.. Right now we still have a pretty decent squad, albeit a small one..

How about Baptiste and Cairney? :rock:

Archived