BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready for administration soon Rovers fans

If you are looking for a reaction to your comment I don't think too many will bite because the majority of realists are of the same opinion. Some of the head in sand brigade might take you on though.

If you are looking for a reaction to your comment I don't think too many will bite because the majority of realists are of the same opinion. Some of the head in sand brigade might take you on though.

Agree with this point, too many warning signs to argue. The most humiliating part of it is the size of the clubs that are acting as the vultures over us!

It's a huge worry. Going into the season with a depleted squad is never good. But with a player like Rhodes up top it always gives you a sniff. Take that away and couple it with a severe lack of depth in other departments and things start to look very bleak. It's such a shame the premier league sides don't seem to be interested because it would be easier to get a youngster or squad player on loan in return. I'm not sure the same could be said of Boro.

What size squad do we actually have?

I read that bowyer was bleating that it was the smallest in the championship, but I'm not sure that's really the case

He can blest all he wants we knew as fans what was coming and he must have done as well when he said top 6 minimum and hopefully top 2

What size squad do we actually have?

I read that bowyer was bleating that it was the smallest in the championship, but I'm not sure that's really the case

It was discussed yesterday on here, think the general opinion was around 17/18 with more than 3/4 appearances at this club.

If Rovers want the cash up front for Rhodes, rather than the promise of an amount were a club to get promoted in the future, then that must rule out all Championship clubs.

As someone has already pointed out, Middlesbrough have just signed Downing for £5 million and he will be on considerable wages. They have also taken on Baptiste's hefty Bolton contract at an estimated £18k per week. They haven't sold anyone. They haven't got parachute money. Their gates are about 15,000 per week.

If Rovers want at least what they paid for Rhodes e.g. £8 million then how can Middlesbrough pay that on top of what they have already spent this summer?

It is impossible under FFP. If it is allowed to happen then it shows that FFP for what it is. A sham.

If Rovers want the cash up front for Rhodes, rather than the promise of an amount were a club to get promoted in the future, then that must rule out all Championship clubs.

As someone has already pointed out, Middlesbrough have just signed Downing for £5 million and he will be on considerable wages. They have also taken on Baptiste's hefty Bolton contract at an estimated £18k per week. They haven't sold anyone. They haven't got parachute money. Their gates are about 15,000 per week.

If Rovers want at least what they paid for Rhodes e.g. £8 million then how can Middlesbrough pay that on top of what they have already spent this summer?

It is impossible under FFP. If it is allowed to happen then it shows that FFP for what it is. A sham.

Certain clubs are showing some balls and sticking two fingers up to the FL FFP as they know it wouldn't stand up in a European court of law it was a joke in the 1st instance and only ever suited certain clubs

I expect Boro will bid their usual; we'll give you 1.5m now, but another 5m if we get promoted, a further 3m if Rhodes is married before 30 and a further 4.5m if he lives past 80.

More bullshit from the media regarding Rhodes. Cant see a champ side paying £10m plus for a champ player also Rhodes on long term contract.

Fulham paid 11m for McCormack

I expect Boro will bid their usual; we'll give you 1.5m now, but another 5m if we get promoted, a further 3m if Rhodes is married before 30 and a further 4.5m if he lives past 80.

Can't see that washing as it seems the slumdogs want as much up front as possible

Think the world at Rovers has changed dramatically since Hull's £12m Rhodes offer last August and even from January's window.

IMV, Boro offer £7 to £8m up front for Rhodes then he's gone.

The bottom line is that V's seem to want cash quick - whilst they wont give Rhodes / Gestede away, you can forget all the fanciful valuations of the past.

Haven't Boro spent close to £3m on Stuani (a forward) as well? I know they've got Bamford and Vossen to replace but surely they can't be paying out ~£10m on top of what they've already bought?

Think the world at Rovers has changed dramatically since Hull's £12m Rhodes offer last August and even from January's window.IMV, Boro offer £7 to £8m up front for Rhodes then he's gone.The bottom line is that V's seem to want cash quick - whilst they wont give Rhodes / Gestede away, you can forget all the fanciful valuations of the past.

IMO, IMV Blah, blah, blah, blah blah.

Maybe the owners could cash in on some of the youngsters?

Think the world at Rovers has changed dramatically since Hull's £12m Rhodes offer last August and even from January's window.

The bottom line is that V's seem to want cash quick - whilst they wont give Rhodes / Gestede away, you can forget all the fanciful valuations of the past.

How do Boro offer £7-8 million up front though? Are they not bound by £8 million annual losses like we are?

In all fairness the clubs who just missed out on promotion know that JR would of been the difference of that extra push over the line to the promised land

Haven't Boro spent close to £3m on Stuani (a forward) as well? I know they've got Bamford and Vossen to replace but surely they can't be paying out ~£10m on top of what they've already bought?

Of course they can't. Unless of course the Football League turn a blind eye and allow them to spend what they want to buy promotion and hope they do a Leicester and go up and stay up so they don't need to worry about punishing them.

Even if we sold Rhodes for £7 million cash. Throw in his wages and it is a £10 million transfer. Combine with Downing and his wages and other business and it will be the best part of £20 million summer expenditure for a club getting similar gates to ours with no Premier League money or major sales.

Its impossible. Unless we're supposed to believe Middlesbrough made a £10 million profit last year instead of the £20 million loss in their accounts.

Archived