BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Think things have changed Gav - they want cash and quick. If I am right, they will look to pull in £20m+ before window closes. I expect at least three of Rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Conway and Hanley to go before window closes.

I've just checked your track record and i'm now reassured that they're all staying. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it's wasted money. Paying 4 keepers in the financial position we were in was nothing short of financial suicide, particularly when there was little wrong with the incumbent keeper who had a watertight contract for the season.

a rational response.

the incumbent keeper has now gone and we're under an embargo. Good job we signed Steele when we did. It needs repeating because it obviously takes a bit of sinking in.

The Gestede situation is a strange one. He so clearly wants to leave that I am not sure how chuffed I will be if he stays.

I know we can't replace his quality, but it almost seems him and his agent have have tried to burn his Rovers bridge to force a move - mistake they made is it seems nobody is that interested in him.

Now club and player are in a poor situation.

I suspect the driver is Venkys want 6m now but the suitors think they can get him for less in August.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion, Bucks. His wage has to be worth the goals he's been scoring for us, and his value has shot up. If he stays, so be it, and we've still got a class act in our team. If he inevitably goes, which there's plenty of time left for that yet, then we'll have made a very tidy profit on him. Which is more than can be said for most players we've signed over the last 5 years! The way I see it, the Gestede signing has been a winner for all concerned - the fans, the club, and the player.

Not saying he was a bad signing.

Just don't like having a player stuck with us who wants out.

a rational response.

the incumbent keeper has now gone and we're under an embargo. Good job we signed Steele when we did. It needs repeating because it obviously takes a bit of sinking in.

I take your point but was it essential? Even without Robinson and Steele we would still now have 3 keepers who are, in my opinion of course, at least equal to Steele, who has never filled me with confidence.

Three weeks to start of season - we need some movement quickly

Rhodes / Gestede want PL. If no PL club comes in, their next best option is an ambitious Championship club - and there will be takers.

What half decent player would want to stay with Rovers - IMV, a rudderless ship heading for the rocks. Bail out time all round I think.

Mercer - you have been saying roughly the same for three seasons now - TBH you (like the rest of us) have no bl**dy idea what the Rao family will do next.

thanks forkdevil for the link

here is it translated into English

Consolat Marseille striker Abdoul Diawara (24), author of ten goals last season in National, is coveted by Blackburn. The D2 English club would put the player on trial. In recent times, the leaders of the club Marseille, where he still has a year of federal contract, did not seem very hot to let the little brother of Souleymane Diawara.

here is Diawara's goals from 2015

thanks forkdevil for the link

here is it translated into English

Consolat Marseille striker Abdoul Diawara (24), author of ten goals last season in National, is coveted by Blackburn. The D2 English club would put the player on trial. In recent times, the leaders of the club Marseille, where he still has a year of federal contract, did not seem very hot to let the little brother of Souleymane Diawara.

here is Diawara's goals from 2015

He doesn't even have his own Wikipedia page. JHC.

Yes he did make a mistake but he made a very good save from the Penalty.

I did I know Mercerman that you would be all over this Rhodes story. You have been saying Rhodes will be leaving for around 2 years now. eventually you will be right one day. lol

stopped clock theory?

mercerman will be like the boy who cried wolf. I'd wager one day he'll get a deffo nod from Jordan Rhodes himself and no one on here will believe him.

He doesn't even have his own Wikipedia page. JHC.

Yes the more I looked into it. He's well down the French Leagues. Similar to the guy we had playing yesterday for Under 21's. 5th tier of the German League. That's where we are at at the moment!

stopped clock theory?

mercerman will be like the boy who cried wolf. I'd wager one day he'll get a deffo nod from Jordan Rhodes himself and no one on here will believe him.

Anyone predicting the departure of a player can only ever be premature. Rhodes will eventually leave. The way things have gone this preseason, with the kinds of teams linked, and Venkys lack of obvious strategy, I'd be surprised if it was now though.

There is clearly no transfer strategy. The odd thing really is the departure of Cairney but seemingly holding on to Gestede. I wonder who sanctioned that? Does Desai have a list of players and their valuations and any bid over that number is given the green light? (At the next quarterly meeting, of course).

The difference between Gestede and Rhodes is that one thinks and wants to play in the Premier League whilst the other knows hes not good enough.

Gestede will rock the boat to get his move bid pending of course.

Rhodes knows his limitations,didnt force the Hull move and seemed very happy to play the day after and scored.Hes seems very content in the Championship whether that will be at Rovers Boro or Weds ..we shall find out.

Yes the more I looked into it. He's well down the French Leagues. Similar to the guy we had playing yesterday for Under 21's. 5th tier of the German League. That's where we are at at the moment!

This and Championship football are not compatible, let alone sustainable. Is this really what the FL envisaged with FUP? One club on its knees while the rest carry on as before?

We really are shopping at poundland

The difference between Gestede and Rhodes is that one thinks and wants to play in the Premier League whilst the other knows hes not good enough.

Gestede will rock the boat to get his move bid pending of course.

Rhodes knows his limitations,didnt force the Hull move and seemed very happy to play the day after and scored.Hes seems very content in the Championship whether that will be at Rovers Boro or Weds ..we shall find out.

Next you'll be telling us how good Volkes and Ings are, as you seem to have an unusual interest in comparing us to those tramps down the M65, strange that.

Rhodes was on his way to Hull, Venkys pulled the plug at the last minute, so with respect, your point is incorrect.

As for being happy to play, he's a professional, everyone in the ground that day saw what it meant to Rhodes, Bowyer played a blinder that day, a great moment on the touchline, you'll have seen it won't you BlooBoy

This and Championship football are not compatible, let alone sustainable. Is this really what the FL envisaged with FUP? One club on its knees while the rest carry on as before?

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to try and explain to me how Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday or anyone else in this division could get remotely close to bidding £10 million for a player.

There seems to be acceptance that these clubs are free to go around throwing silly money about and that is perfectly ok because they have rich owners or mean business and many would be comfortable with us selling Rhodes to one of these rivals.

Whilst apparently at the same time we can't afford him, have to get rid sooner or later even if to a direct rival, can't hope to compete due to FFP etc. etc.

Its complete and utter nonsense. If we have to sell Rhodes to comply with FFP then it is simply impossible that a club like Boro or Wednesday could buy him and pay him within the constraints of FFP. We can't be in a position whereby we have to cash in to comply whilst those others are able to spend such a huge sum and still comply. It is simply impossible.

There can be no 'ongoing need to reduce costs further' as we've heard several times. We've one of the smallest squads in the league and bar Rhodes everyone is supposed to be on a Championship level salary. The last 2 years have seen huge cost cutting, but there is little-no room for any more.

Financial fair play has been a resounding success for those who brought it in. Man United are spending their way back to the top of the tree due to their huge earnings.

Little Blackburn Rovers can't ever challenge them again, even if we had a rich, generous, clued-up owner.

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to try and explain to me how Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday or anyone else in this division could get remotely close to bidding £10 million for a player.

There seems to be acceptance that these clubs are free to go around throwing silly money about and that is perfectly ok because they have rich owners or mean business and many would be comfortable with us selling Rhodes to one of these rivals.

Whilst apparently at the same time we can't afford him, have to get rid sooner or later even if to a direct rival, can't hope to compete due to FFP etc. etc.

Its complete and utter nonsense. If we have to sell Rhodes to comply with FFP then it is simply impossible that a club like Boro or Wednesday could buy him and pay him within the constraints of FFP. We can't be in a position whereby we have to cash in to comply whilst those others are able to spend such a huge sum and still comply. It is simply impossible.

There can be no 'ongoing need to reduce costs further' as we've heard several times. We've one of the smallest squads in the league and bar Rhodes everyone is supposed to be on a Championship level salary. The last 2 years have seen huge cost cutting, but there is little-no room for any more.

Shaw could go - 170k a year saving there!

Venkys being uncontactable could actually help keep Rhodes/Rudy, rovers must be the worst club to deal with when trying to get business done, with no one being able to make decisions. Confused.com don't have any sense of urgency and the club is way down their priority list.

Next you'll be telling us how good Volkes and Ings are, as you seem to have an unusual interest in comparing us to those tramps down the M65, strange that.

Rhodes was on his way to Hull, Venkys pulled the plug at the last minute, so with respect, your point is incorrect.

As for being happy to play, he's a professional, everyone in the ground that day saw what it meant to Rhodes, Bowyer played a blinder that day, a great moment on the touchline, you'll have seen it won't you BlooBoy

Compare us to the dingles ...erm where ..????..dont talk like a fool . What exaactly are you trying to imply Gav ? Please expand ..

If Rhodes wanted to go Hull he d have done a" Sterling"..a common thing in football now..

Either that or you receive a strange pm off him

Abbey are you still acting like the little lad at the back of the big boys ..shouting "dick".."pillock" etc etc because thats exactly what you sound like with your one line condemnation of other peoples views ..Grow up little boy

Archived