SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wont take £10m !

Prices slashed when we enter August.

Venkys have never let anyone leave for under what they value him at Mercer, so it depends what they see his current value being really.

oh well looks like Kim ain't signing for us then.

Let's be honest though. Would you sign for Rovers at the moment?

For a team like us, under an embargo with limited wages available you need a few things to pull a player in:

• Talented squad
  • Good facilities
  • Talented/inspiring manager

Rovers have a good squad but if more players start to leave then we look an unattractive proposition. Lose Gestede and Rhodes (as well as Cairney, King, etc) then it's clear we aren't even chasing play-offs. Bit of a turn off for a player, no?

Our ground, history and facilities are all top drawer and will be a hell of a lot more appealing than the majority of teams in our league. That's a box ticked.

Lastly, and arguably most important, is the manager. If you're a player looking to sign for a club and you have the likes of Rovers who can't offer you the same wages, an inspiring manager could make all the difference. Walking into an interview and meeting a manager who clearly has an air about them, someone who comes across intelligent, professional, ambitious. That's likely what makes a player want to sign for a club. Walking into an interview and meeting Bowyer with his "right good go"s, "ever so well"s and "honest bunch"s. Would you be inspired? I imagine Bowyer is as dull as a man-manager as he is in his interviews. Doesn't come across intelligent and certainly doesn't seem authoritative, professional nor inspiring.

Venkys have never let anyone leave for under what they value him at Mercer, so it depends what they see his current value being really.

Think things have changed Gav - they want cash and quick. If I am right, they will look to pull in £20m+ before window closes. I expect at least three of Rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Conway and Hanley to go before window closes.

Think things have changed Gav - they want cash and quick. If I am right, they will look to pull in £20m+ before window closes. I expect at least three of Rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Conway and Hanley to go before window closes.

If you were right the club would have folded years ago.

But I agree things seem bleak

so if has you say that Venky's want quick cash, then why did they rejected the Watford's bid of 5 mil plus 4 mil then for Gestede?

it doesn't back you theory up does it???

If you were right the club would have folded years ago.

But I agree things seem bleak

We are now in unchartered waters.

I think it's clear there has been a seismic change in V's thinking. Even by their standards, you do not operate a business like the way they have done since the season ended.

I would suggest that Rovers' FD is now THE MAN at Ewood.

I think 'tipping point' has been reached and now it's all about financial damage limitation.

I also think that had they decided to give it another go this season, Bowyer would have been replaced.

If I am right, we are now on the thinnest of thin ice.

so if has you say that Venky's want quick cash, then why did they rejected the Watford's bid of 5 mil plus 4 mil then for Gestede?

it doesn't back you theory up does it???

V's want jam today and not jam tomorrow.

Tweak the up front up by £1million and I think he will be off.

Question - who accepts a first bid for their house ? Answer, no one with any sense - it's a negotiation !

I think it's clear there has been a seismic change in V's thinking. Even by their standards, you do not operate a business like the way they have done since the season ended.

I think 'tipping point' has been reached and now it's all about financial damage limitation.

I also think that had they decided to give it another go this season, Bowyer would have been replaced.

Question - who accepts a first bid for their house ? Answer, no one with any sense - it's a negotiation !

you mean Mike Cheston?

On Watford's bid for Gestede? I believe Watford have move on to other targets.

so is any other PL teams interest in Gestede? Norwich enquired but no bid but nobody else been linked with him. I thought Villa might be interest now Bentake is off but they have been linked with Charlie Austin and Adebayor.

Answer .. Chaddy accepts everything that venkys do and have done

On Watford's bid for Gestede? I believe Watford have move on to other targets.

so is any other PL teams interest in Gestede? Norwich enquired but no bid but nobody else been linked with him. I thought Villa might be interest now Bentake is off but they have been linked with Charlie Austin and Adebayor.

Rhodes / Gestede want PL. If no PL club comes in, their next best option is an ambitious Championship club - and there will be takers.

What half decent player would want to stay with Rovers - IMV, a rudderless ship heading for the rocks. Bail out time all round I think.

Why is it rubbish ? You are always in agreement with establishment in whatever sport it is . ...

cos you have claimed something Abbey but you can't back it up tho can you? Because I have NEVER SAID IT Abbey.

so instead of making claims Abbey why don't you first do some research to make sure that I have said before you claim it.

I am also very sorry to other members of this MB that have to read this stuff when it has NOTHING to do with the Topic of the thread

You've not got a very good record on this pal but time will tell for sure. The Cairney sale was out of the blue, doesn't make sense really only on a financial basis, which points towards things maybe changing.

But we'll see Merc, I hope to God they're looking to get out.

Under the impending financial constraints and the ongoing need to cut costs that's been in play for a while then we didn't need to carry six keepers. It goes against the grain of things a bit. A load of league 1 keepers ? I'd suggest that Easty, Kean are probably just that and Raya should really have a season loan in that league to continue his development properly.

The scenario you suggest about ending up scratching around for keepers could be applied to the strikers should one or both leave. Where is the forward planning on that one ?

Under the impending financial constraints we HAD to get rid of Robbo. Unfortunately he had a big contract that only ended last month. So we either picked up Steele for a bargain £100k when we did or let him sign for someone else. But we still had to replace Robbo except now we would be doing it under an embargo. It's a good job we got Steele when we did because we were under the embargo shortly after. Eastwood is back up and cost nowt but has performed very well. Kean isn't wanted. We will then have 3 keepers, one of whom is up-and-coming and may well be loaned out. Perfectly normal for a Championship club.

As for forward-planning on the strikers when Rudy/Rhodes leave who knows, but i'd imagine it's been discussed at length and targets identified. That's what football clubs do, despite what you read on here. If it didn't we wouldn't have rebuilt the whole squad in 2 years. :)

cos you have claimed something Abbey but you can't back it up tho can you? Because I have NEVER SAID IT Abbey.

so instead of making claims Abbey why don't you first do some research to make sure that I have said before you claim it.

I am also very sorry to other members of this MB that have to read this stuff when it has NOTHING to do with the Topic of the thread

Ok then you don't agree with all establishment .. Whatever

Surely if they wanted to sell, they would have opened negotiations and sold gestede.

It would have been like this.

1. Opening bid plus add ons

2. Venkys say we want the money now

3. Watford up the ante but reduce future add ons keeping to a similar overall price of about £6m to £7m

Venkys then accept and move on to the next

Very shortsighted. Of course we needed keepers. We had Robbo who was on £30k a week and was finished (has he got a new club yet?) and Kean who had very average loans spells at Yeovil and I think Oldham, and the only club to show an interest this summer is Northamoton. Steele is a bargain at £100k and Eastwood and Raya cost nowt. Hardly wasted money and if we didn't sign those players when we did we might be up @#/? creek now with a load of League1/2 keepers on trial cos that's all we can afford.

Of course it's wasted money. Paying 4 keepers in the financial position we were in was nothing short of financial suicide, particularly when there was little wrong with the incumbent keeper who had a watertight contract for the season.

The Gestede situation is a strange one. He so clearly wants to leave that I am not sure how chuffed I will be if he stays.

I know we can't replace his quality, but it almost seems him and his agent have have tried to burn his Rovers bridge to force a move - mistake they made is it seems nobody is that interested in him.

Now club and player are in a poor situation.

Thank you Mr Positive.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion, Bucks. His wage has to be worth the goals he's been scoring for us, and his value has shot up. If he stays, so be it, and we've still got a class act in our team. If he inevitably goes, which there's plenty of time left for that yet, then we'll have made a very tidy profit on him. Which is more than can be said for most players we've signed over the last 5 years! The way I see it, the Gestede signing has been a winner for all concerned - the fans, the club, and the player.

did I ever say that Abbey? if so, show me where please then Abbey?

Otherwise stop posting so much rubbish about People cos they DONT AGREE with you!

There's a basis of truth in what Abbey says though.

Archived