BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Berg was @#/? and as a result got sussed by everyone including the players.

Couldn't set us up to defend nor attack.

Tried to play a passing game which was even worse than the time Paul Ince tried doing it.

Fleeced the club and fans of money on a dodgy payout.

Nothing to do with Shaw then ???

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berg was @#/? and as a result got sussed by everyone including the players.

Couldn't set us up to defend nor attack.

Tried to play a passing game which was even worse than the time Paul Ince tried doing it.

Fleeced the club and fans of money on a dodgy payout.

Free Degsy !

Shaw is innocent !

Berg fleeced us as opposed to what venkys have done then

Who was underminding him to the players then? Leadership comes from the top.

Our players have no guidance and therefore play when they're up for it but other times they don't 'give it a right good go'.

Berg was being stabbed in the back, we all know by who and one of the quislings is still at the club. Hopefully one day he will be forced out

I think we need to drop the poor, unsuspecting Berg narrative. He knew we were a basketcase of a club before he came here, and I quote: "There are no real managers with credibility who would accept a job like that." That's no excuse for his shabby treatment, but let's stop pretending he didn't know what he was letting himself in for.

Nothing to do with Shaw then ???

Whatever your feelings on Berg the manager his contract was drawn up by that dodgy twohat . Oh and then altered, neither thing was sanctioned by the owners. Remember a court of law not believing a word this idiot said and the clubs own lawyers painting him rogue ffs !

I remember those days well. The big difference was that we had an experienced board, that knew what it was doing. Bancroft et al took that all important first step. They appointed a highly experienced manager( hmmm...hardly rocket science, is it?! Furphy had great knowledge of the leagues and used this knowledge to bring in a lot of good , experienced players.

OK, I did wince at a teenage David Bradford being dubbed the first £! million footballer, but Field, Price. McNamee and Napier were super signings on a real shoe string. The same process applied to Gordon Lee, who took over from Furphy...

I have no faith in any of the decision makers( hahaha) throughout this ruined club!

The biter bit is that it's MONEY that has ruined the club ....... and in those days we had none. :wacko: Whoever said money is the root of all evil was bang on. In fact post the armageddon which could be just around the corner it would make a good motto should anybody attempt a resurrection.

The biter bit is that it's MONEY that has ruined the club ....... and in those days we had none. :wacko: Whoever said money is the root of all evil was bang on. In fact post the armageddon which could be just around the corner it would make a good motto should anybody attempt a resurrection.

It's from Timothy in the New Testament, although the correct quote is "money is the root of all kinds of evil". Money, in and of itself, is not a bad thing, unless people want to go back to a barter system?

3 senior level keepers is still absolutely ludicrous imo when you consider we could be left with one decent striker should one of Rhodes or Gestede go.

Need to lose one of Eastwood or Steele. I'd have Raya as first choice this season anyway.

Really? How many times have you watched Raya Simon? I think I've only seen him play once and he didn't really fill me with confidence. Every keeper we've had in the past few years has made good debut's and then fallen off the pace a few weeks later.

It's from Timothy in the New Testament, although the correct quote is "money is the root of all kinds of evil". Money, in and of itself, is not a bad thing, unless people want to go back to a barter system?

Might be OK..... At least it's take the Chancellor out of the loop. :tu:

I didn't think he had. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the highest paid keeper at Rovers.

I'm sure it came out that he was on a decent whack and it was a sticking point last time they were trying to shift him. It does seem strange no one has snapped him up as he's a potentially decent keeper. Could be another who ends up being paid off.

The keeper situation over the past 12 months has contributed to the losses in terms of singing ones we didn't desperately need at that moment in time whilst still paying a huge wage to one already here and big wages to his understudy whilst not using him either. An awful lot of needless money wasted there, not as if we were going all out for promotion last season and a new keeper was vital.

Dunn ... Who has been proven in a court of law as "going rogue ?"

Who is still here despite this and WHY ?

Paul Wheelcock I'm calling you out to ask these question or are you a sandy Shaw ?

Abbey,far too many people saw the opportunity to make fast easy money when the club was in disarray.

A two Million Court settlement for 56? days employment was it...I thought it was shocking at the time and my opinion has not changed.

I'm sure it came out that he was on a decent whack and it was a sticking point last time they were trying to shift him. It does seem strange no one has snapped him up as he's a potentially decent keeper. Could be another who ends up being paid off.

The keeper situation over the past 12 months has contributed to the losses in terms of singing ones we didn't desperately need at that moment in time whilst still paying a huge wage to one already here and big wages to his understudy whilst not using him either. An awful lot of needless money wasted there, not as if we were going all out for promotion last season and a new keeper was vital.

Very shortsighted. Of course we needed keepers. We had Robbo who was on £30k a week and was finished (has he got a new club yet?) and Kean who had very average loans spells at Yeovil and I think Oldham, and the only club to show an interest this summer is Northamoton. Steele is a bargain at £100k and Eastwood and Raya cost nowt. Hardly wasted money and if we didn't sign those players when we did we might be up @#/? creek now with a load of League1/2 keepers on trial cos that's all we can afford.

Really? How many times have you watched Raya Simon? I think I've only seen him play once and he didn't really fill me with confidence. Every keeper we've had in the past few years has made good debut's and then fallen off the pace a few weeks later.

Kean being one of them. We don't learn, do we. :)

I saw Raya at Leeds away. He was excellent. Big lad, seemed commanding, if maybe naive in some decision making. Potentially good, but only potentially. We need a settled keeper/defence. Much as I've enjoyed watching Eastwood at times, he strikes me as a good backup. Steele has to be given a full go this season.

Very shortsighted. Of course we needed keepers. We had Robbo who was on £30k a week and was finished (has he got a new club yet?) and Kean who had very average loans spells at Yeovil and I think Oldham, and the only club to show an interest this summer is Northamoton. Steele is a bargain at £100k and Eastwood and Raya cost nowt. Hardly wasted money and if we didn't sign those players when we did we might be up @#/? creek now with a load of League1/2 keepers on trial cos that's all we can afford.

Under the impending financial constraints and the ongoing need to cut costs that's been in play for a while then we didn't need to carry six keepers. It goes against the grain of things a bit. A load of league 1 keepers ? I'd suggest that Easty, Kean are probably just that and Raya should really have a season loan in that league to continue his development properly.

The scenario you suggest about ending up scratching around for keepers could be applied to the strikers should one or both leave. Where is the forward planning on that one ?

Perhaps Bowyer's biggest challenge has been transforming the squad into one that's financially sustainable for this league. We had our chance to keep expensive premier league tat on our books in the first season we were relegated, and we blew it. That's been and gone.

I dread to think how much money has been spent in paying players off, but I think it's been one of the most painful yet necessary transformations of the squad that I've known.

Boro and Sheff Wed after Rhodes for 10 mil according to the Daily Mail. (Probably BS). same Reporter who said Gestede was off to Watford and he still at Rovers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167086/Middlesbrough-Sheffield-Wednesday-tussling-land-10m-Blackburn-Rovers-striker-Jordan-Rhodes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Not sure why people want Raya as first choice keeper. I'd imagine most haven't seen much of him, since there's only Parson and a couple others who regularly watch the u21s. A few years ago Jake Kean looked very good, was thrown in the deep end and crumbled under the pressure. Eastwood has had a few cracking games but I don't think he's consistent enough. Looks a bit dodgy when the ball is in the air too. Steele has potential and I think he will get better with time. I'd also argue he'd get better if Hanley wasn't starting in front of him and Bowyer wasn't organising the defence. I'd rather leave him as first choice (at least for now) than unnecessarily tinker (there'll be plenty of that all over the park again next season, we don't need keeper getting chopped around too).

Look at Raya's mistake vs Stanley. Yes it was a difficult pass back but was an awful touch and he was lucky the penalty was poor so that he was able to save it. This is in a friendly too, no pressure but he still panicked. Then people want him starting in league games?! One mistake like that and a goal given away and it could ruin his confidence. He might have great potential but I get the impression that he's not ready just yet. Certainly not enough to displace Steele.

Boro and Sheff Wed after Rhodes for 10 mil according to the Daily Mail. (Probably BS). same Reporter who said Gestede was off to Watford and he still at Rovers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167086/Middlesbrough-Sheffield-Wednesday-tussling-land-10m-Blackburn-Rovers-striker-Jordan-Rhodes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Wont take £10m !

Prices slashed when we enter August.

Not sure why people want Raya as first choice keeper. I'd imagine most haven't seen much of him, since there's only Parson and a couple others who regularly watch the u21s. A few years ago Jake Kean looked very good, was thrown in the deep end and crumbled under the pressure. Eastwood has had a few cracking games but I don't think he's consistent enough. Looks a bit dodgy when the ball is in the air too. Steele has potential and I think he will get better with time. I'd also argue he'd get better if Hanley wasn't starting in front of him and Bowyer wasn't organising the defence. I'd rather leave him as first choice (at least for now) than unnecessarily tinker (there'll be plenty of that all over the park again next season, we don't need keeper getting chopped around too).

Look at Raya's mistake vs Stanley. Yes it was a difficult pass back but was an awful touch and he was lucky the penalty was poor so that he was able to save it. This is in a friendly too, no pressure but he still panicked. Then people want him starting in league games?! One mistake like that and a goal given away and it could ruin his confidence. He might have great potential but I get the impression that he's not ready just yet. Certainly not enough to displace Steele.

Yes he did make a mistake but he made a very good save from the Penalty.

Wont take £10m !

Prices slashed when we enter August.

I did I know Mercerman that you would be all over this Rhodes story. You have been saying Rhodes will be leaving for around 2 years now. eventually you will be right one day. lol

Archived