Ricardo Vaz Te

Nelson Valdez

Jonathan Reis

Carlton Cole

Hugo Rodallega

Gergely Rudolf

Giorgios Samaras

But out of our league probably..

Gone are the days of BRFC signing good players ,...

Tony Field he was a good un , when we were on our uppers !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk football then. Instead of wrongly saying who appointed and sacked who...bearing in mind you overlooking the Berg court case and the director (Shaw with his signature on the Berg contract) going rogue.

Ok. I'll change my post to I thought it was shebby, but maybe I'm wrong..

In truth, I couldn't care less anyway, its not my business as a fan..

I wasn't until his name was brought up. The guy didn't stand a chance. One half of the board was against his appointment from day one. The other only appointed him because every other candidate said no. He had 52 days in a very very stressful high profile job. Things didn't click immediately. Big deal. I'm offering no guarantee he'd have been a success. But I know he was a champions league winner, premier league winner and as a player he was composed, a leader and a fantastic reader of the game. It's doesn't promise success, but, if I recall, he based his side around your favourite Rochina and he signed the much hailed King.

I'm not saying we've let the next mourinho slip between our fingers. But I do appreciate he never stood a chance.

I think you have a very valid point !

Gone are the days of BRFC signing good players ,...

Tony Field he was a good un , when we were on our uppers !

I remember those days well. The big difference was that we had an experienced board, that knew what it was doing. Bancroft et al took that all important first step. They appointed a highly experienced manager( hmmm...hardly rocket science, is it?! Furphy had great knowledge of the leagues and used this knowledge to bring in a lot of good , experienced players.

OK, I did wince at a teenage David Bradford being dubbed the first £! million footballer, but Field, Price. McNamee and Napier were super signings on a real shoe string. The same process applied to Gordon Lee, who took over from Furphy...

I have no faith in any of the decision makers( hahaha) throughout this ruined club!

Not to mention Sir Roger Jones one of our finest ever besides Brad albeit signed by Quigley or Carey ?

Abit like appointing Kenny when you want the club to go places ...Not rocket science like you say ....

I remember Don Hutchins scooring a few memorable left footed volleys but maybe I look through rose tinted glasses...

I know one thing though the Venkys have too go !

Under less chaotic conditions I think berg would have done ok

Looking at that list of frees there are one or two defeats but they would demand wages beyond us

From left field I bet samaras could put it about and would be affordable . Gestede replacement

Ok. I'll change my post to I thought it was shebby, but maybe I'm wrong..

In truth, I couldn't care less anyway, its not my business as a fan..

You couldn't care less that much to wrongly implicate Shebby in two separate posts.

Who has got the agenda here?

There are some interesting names on that list of free signings but I think a lot have already been signed (Rodellega and Guthrie for instance)

The only way we can even dream about signing some of these players is if we offer them hugely incentivised deals. A £10k now deal but £30k - £40k for any seasons of the contract played in the premier league.

Am I right in thinking without including trailists we don't at this moment have enough players with first team experience to field 11 and then the 7 on the bench not including all 4 keepers?

Steel/Eastwood

Olsson, Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Killa, Spurr.

Conway, Marshall, Evans, lowe, willo, Taylor, Rhodes, brown, Rudy.

That's 17 off the top of my head.

O Sullivan and lenihan who've played elsewhere and a handful of games here.

Am I right in thinking without including trailists we don't at this moment have enough players with first team experience to field 11 and then the 7 on the bench not including all 4 keepers?

3 keepers- Steele, Raya, Eastwood

7 Defenders- Henley, Nyambe, Duffy, Kilgallon, Hanley, Olsson, Spurr

9 Midfielders- Marshall, Lowe, Evans, Conway, O'Sullivan, Williamson, Lenihan, Taylor, Mahoney

5 strikers- Rhodes, Gestede, Brown, Forrester, Mansell

so that's 24 players there, only ones that haven't got first team experience are Mansell, Mahoney and Nyambe.

There are some interesting names on that list of free signings but I think a lot have already been signed (Rodellega and Guthrie for instance)

The only way we can even dream about signing some of these players is if we offer them hugely incentivised deals. A £10k now deal but £30k - £40k for any seasons of the contract played in the premier league.

And would you sign up for that knowing our owners and manager !?!?

9 Midfielders- Marshall, Lowe, Evans, Conway, O'Sullivan, Williamson, Lenihan, Taylor, Mahoney

so that's 24 players there, only ones that haven't got first team experience are Mansell, Mahoney and Nyambe.

So why do you want Rovers to sign more players ? ;)

Mahoney has first team experience in the cup. When did Forrester play?

Out of those 24, 6 are non-established but some will become so after only a few more games. 2 or 3 more, U21 so FUP will recognise 15 or 16 tops?

And Raya, O'Sullivan, Lenihan and Forrester have only a handful of games between them. With your three above that means seven out of the list have no/little experience. It really hits home how far we have dropped when you see this particularly when one of Rhodes or Gestede will almost certainly leave.

3 senior level keepers is still absolutely ludicrous imo when you consider we could be left with one decent striker should one of Rhodes or Gestede go.

Need to lose one of Eastwood or Steele. I'd have Raya as first choice this season anyway.

3 senior level keepers is still absolutely ludicrous imo when you consider we could be left with one decent striker should one of Rhodes or Gestede go.

Need to lose one of Eastwood or Steele. I'd have Raya as first choice this season anyway.

3 seems normal to me. Not sure any of them are going to be on big bucks, at least compared with others in the squad. At least it's one area of the pitch that we don't have to worry about.

Good midfelders available on free:

Dean Furman

Bo kyung kim

Danny Guthrie

Owen Garvan

Daniel Tözser

Strikers:

Jimmy Briand

Ricardo Vaz Te

Carlton Cole

Gergely Rudolf

Giorgios Samaras

Vaz Te would be good signing on a free cos he can both wide positions and up front. so gives you options

Cole would be good replacement for Gestede if he does leave

Raya wasn't be the 1st team plans for most of last season in all fairness

But this season Steele and Raya would be 2 keepers this season with loaning Eastwood out with recall clause just in case either Raya or Steele get injury

And would you sign up for that knowing our owners and manager !?!?

So why do you want Rovers to sign more players ? ;)

Yes I want to sign 2 or 3 players. A box to box midfielder, Striker/Winger with pace and Striker replacement for Gestede if he does leave

Mahoney has first team experience in the cup. When did Forrester play?

Out of those 24, 6 are non-established but some will become so after only a few more games. 2 or 3 more, U21 so FUP will recognise 15 or 16 tops?

Forrester played in the FA cup replay against Millwall. came off the bench after 75 mins.

Yes you are correct. he came on for 5 mins against Man City

Yes you are correct. he came on for 5 mins against Man City

Mahoney did well against City when he came on. Gave them something to think about. Might be worth giving him a place in the first team this season.

Has kean gone?

Has kean gone?

He was on loan at Oldham for the second half of last season, but assume he's back on the books now. That being the case, think we need to get rid. I thought he'd gone already.

Berg was @#/? and as a result got sussed by everyone including the players.

Couldn't set us up to defend nor attack.

Tried to play a passing game which was even worse than the time Paul Ince tried doing it.

Fleeced the club and fans of money on a dodgy payout.

Archived