BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Glory hunter!

No actually it's about ambition , il follow us till the day i die but if we sell Rhodes to a rival championship club it shows we have zero ambition and I can't stand the fact also venkys toI

Your on to talk abbey all you do is jump on other fans backs and slate them your pathetic

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know Rhodes had his price last season, almost went for 12m, he's for sale now if the price is right.

So source or no source, nothing's changed, if his value is met he'll be sold, nothing new here.

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to try and explain to me how Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday or anyone else in this division could get remotely close to bidding £10 million for a player.

There seems to be acceptance that these clubs are free to go around throwing silly money about and that is perfectly ok because they have rich owners or mean business and many would be comfortable with us selling Rhodes to one of these rivals.

Whilst apparently at the same time we can't afford him, have to get rid sooner or later even if to a direct rival, can't hope to compete due to FFP etc. etc.

Its complete and utter nonsense. If we have to sell Rhodes to comply with FFP then it is simply impossible that a club like Boro or Wednesday could buy him and pay him within the constraints of FFP. We can't be in a position whereby we have to cash in to comply whilst those others are able to spend such a huge sum and still comply. It is simply impossible.

There can be no 'ongoing need to reduce costs further' as we've heard several times. We've one of the smallest squads in the league and bar Rhodes everyone is supposed to be on a Championship level salary. The last 2 years have seen huge cost cutting, but there is little-no room for any more.

Easy, we are idiots who got into transfer embargo this season. Next year the yearly losses are £16m, this year no one else will get into trouble as they will increase next season. The only people the rules increasing haven't benefited are us and anyone else that went into the transfer embargo before the start of this season

No actually it's about ambition , il follow us till the day i die but if we sell Rhodes to a rival championship club it shows we have zero ambition and I can't stand the fact also venkys toI

Your on to talk abbey all you do is jump on other fans backs and slate them your pathetic

Follow us til the day you die .. Really unless we sell to a championship club .

Er zero ambition has been here since venkys took over , next excuse .

Pathetic ..?am I supposed to be scared ?

How many games have you actually "followed us " ?

what were you told? Come on give us a laugh, we need it.

Why are you being so smarmy blueboy?

If this was a fan stating he'd heard from a club source something which fitted your agenda you certainly wouldn't question it in such a manner. In fact, I'd wager you wouldn't question it at all.

Bluebell heard some information and shared it with the rest of us. He didn't say it was concrete. Just what he heard. Tbh I'm equally sceptical but there's a way of going about it.

They are holding out for more upfront than the fee they bought him for.

On another topic I'll give you a laugh, check out the new head of recruitment at the academy and where he came from, although it may not say. We haven't seen this in the press.

On another topic I'll give you a laugh, check out the new head of recruitment at the academy and where he came from, although it may not say. We haven't seen this in the press.

They weren't likely to publicise it really. Is it a big deal? OK they haven't got a great record in producing their own talent. But they did identify Trippier and the other lad who's name escapes me from citeh. Assuming he had involvement in those signings I suppose.

I've followed rovers since I was 9 ...I have just as much @#/? right to say anything or do anything where rovers are concern I don't need some peeped up old man getting on my back in every @#/? post

Every time I post you tell me to check fifa blah blah blah your pathetic mate act your age

I come on here and respect everyone ,, but you I just can't

Rovers new head of recruitment at the academy? If so, who is it?

Rovers new head of recruitment at the academy? If so, who is it?

Stuart Harvey , joined Burnley last year in a similar position from Ards FC.

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/stuart-harvey/93/21a/a10

Was also Burnley's part time Northern Ireland scout whilst at Ards

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/burnley-fc/latest-news/burnley-appoint-stuart-harvey-as-new-head-of-id-and-recruitment-1-6383683

Why are you being so smarmy blueboy?

If this was a fan stating he'd heard from a club source something which fitted your agenda you certainly wouldn't question it in such a manner. In fact, I'd wager you wouldn't question it at all.

Bluebell heard some information and shared it with the rest of us. He didn't say it was concrete. Just what he heard. Tbh I'm equally sceptical but there's a way of going about it.

bit touchy there mustard, it wouldn't be hard for Bluebell to tell us the figure he was told instead of hinting at it. No agenda here, so i'll add paranoid to your touchy.

I'm only posting to let you know what I was told, if I go into too much detail it may come back on the person who told me and that wouldn't be fair. Based upon some of the comments there could be anybody from the club reading this.

I'm only posting to let you know what I was told, if I go into too much detail it may come back on the person who told me and that wouldn't be fair. Based upon some of the comments there could be anybody from the club reading this.

The only thing I'd say is that with all due respect to the person you spoke to, they don't have a clue. No one does with regards Venky's. Last year Shaw had sold Rhodes to Hull and Venky's KO'd him.

So the club may have a figure but it all boils down to the mood Venky's are in. Personally don't think he will go unless it is a figure of 10 million plus.

You will get used to the cynics.

Think it's more than coincidence that what you are hearing is bang in line with my understanding of wanting jam today instead of jam tomorrow.

My thoughts again, all point to V's bailing out when the window closes. Think they'll be happy if they can manage to get £20m out.

I reckon when push comes to shove, they'd take £7 to 8m for Rhodes and £6m for Gestede.

Any deal for Rhodes would have had to have been done and dusted within the last few days. There's no way he would have played against Accy Stanley if he was being sold imminently, and there's no way club(s) would have come in for him unless they were very confident his injury is short term and that he will be fully fit very soon.

So if someone has come in and made a suitable offer between now and last Tuesday when his injury diagnosis became clear then fair enough. I'd be surprised.

You will get used to the cynics.

Think it's more than coincidence that what you are hearing is bang in line with my understanding of wanting jam today instead of jam tomorrow.

My thoughts again, all point to V's bailing out when the window closes. Think they'll be happy if they can manage to get £20m out.

I reckon when push comes to shove, they'd take £7 to 8m for Rhodes and £6m for Gestede.

For a good while I wondered if the family might exit the building and leave it to the most egotistical one, Balaji. But, much like his other spontaneous ventures, he seems bored of it all.

It's not often I agree with your doomsday scenarios Swiss, but I'm starting to think you might be bang on the money this time.

Bit harsh, that, Abbey.

Surely, you can understand his exasperation. If our owners and manager have no ambition, they might as well send 11 men in blue and white shirts to mow the lawn!

This whole thing is a charade. We might as well build a tower and dress in tangerine, as far as I can see.

bit touchy there mustard, it wouldn't be hard for Bluebell to tell us the figure he was told instead of hinting at it. No agenda here, so i'll add paranoid to your touchy.

Haha touchy, perhaps, but not sure where paranoia becomes relevant nor applicable.

With your reactions to anyone who presents remotely negative information to the mb, some might accuse you of being touchy yourself, don't you think?

(Ps a couple of months ago when I disagreed with something you said, you claimed I had an agenda. Perhaps this post of yours can be summed up with 'pot calling the kettle black')

If Rhodes does finally move somewhere else the odds are way against taking his rovers goal scoring form with him or his excellent fitness record that's seen him rarely unfit to play, obviously I wouldn't wish it on him but there does seem to be a curse on players that leave Blackburn for big money.

same goes for gestede.

Archived