BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

If we start the first match with Gestede and Rhodes and maybe this Korean chappie and maybe Furman then that's not a bad team, unless the rules have changed we can only field 11 at once, SO FAR only Cariney has left who was regularly in the team, now it may be that our two CF leave, and i would then agree we would be in the mire, but until such times the core of our squad is still very good, and would be even 30% better with a decent pedigree manager, i agree the v's and board need to ship out asap but we know that will not happen.

There are pages and pages of doom and gloom from the same posters so i guess eventually you will get it right, we will see what happens over the next three weeks eh, got to be a little optimistic.

We weren't good enough last season and we're already weaker this season, doom and gloom, or being realistic?

You've probably never seen Furman or the Korean play, how can you say "Its not a bad team"?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We weren't good enough last season and we're already weaker this season, doom and gloom, or being realistic?

You've probably never seen Furman of the Korean play, how can you say "Its not a bad team"?

Is furman not of South Africa ;)

Doom or gloom or realistic is so true gav

Kept off here for a week and real all the posts .It's so obvious that the Quislings are trying to dampen down any rabble rousers.

Message for Shaw, Myers and Coar- get out of our club.

Prenton Park Is Shaw Out night.

SO FAR only Cariney has left who was regularly in the team, now it may be that our two CF leave, and i would then agree we would be in the mire,

Alex Baptiste 29 appearances last season..

Tom Cairney 39 appearances last season..

David Dunn 12 appearances last season..

Jay Spearing 17 appearances last season..

Ryan Tunnicliffe 17 appearances last season..

josh king 16 appearances last season..

paul robinson 7 appearances last season..

Whilst you could argue some weren't regular, baps certainly was, and ryan and jay also played regularly during there time here.

The longer this fiasco continues the more ridiculous it becomes that a lot of people were pleased we sold Tom Cairney to Fulham. Apparently it was good business, we could pocket the money and bring in a player of equal or better quality on a free transfer and we would be no weaker. What a joke.

I said at the start of the summer the priority had to be on keeping what quality we had, because for a variety of reasons we would find it very difficult/impossible to strengthen with new signings, and that is why I was and still am disgusted with the Cairney sale.

You've probably never seen Furman or the Korean play, how can you say "Its not a bad team"?

You are assuming i haven't seen them play, captain of SA and i have colleagues over there work wise say he is very good and don't understand why he is not in a higher league - we will see on that one, the Korean chap played in the prem for Cardiff so is he crap as well, maybe not.

The reason we ended up 9th last season is down to Bowyer and his safe/safe/ don't lose attitude, any manager with nous would have had us in the play offs even you must agree there. All i am saying is until our top players leave we have a good nucleus of a team add a couple of sparks and who knows.

Alex Baptiste 29 appearances last season..

Tom Cairney 39 appearances last season..

David Dunn 12 appearances last season..

Jay Spearing 17 appearances last season..

Ryan Tunnicliffe 17 appearances last season..

josh king 16 appearances last season..

paul robinson 7 appearances last season..

Whilst you could argue some weren't regular, baps certainly was, and ryan and jay also played regularly during there time here.

I stand corrected, but we had long term injuries who are back now and are arguably just as good as those that have left apart from Baptiste and Cairney.

But as you say still no manager

Yes true

I'm disppointed by the lack of signings this summer.

I thought we would be making some signings by now.

I still think we need 3 or 4 players signings. Plus use O'Sullivan, Nyambe and Mahoney as part of the squad

Why on earth would you think that? We can't pay top wages, because of our desperate situation agents will choose other clubs before us. Any signings we will make will be those no one else wants, players who are hanging about waiting for a phone call that never comes and then they will phone us at the 11th hour. Logic.

Nobody will disagree with that.

Think we will soon be rid of the V's but we will have to rise from the ashes.

Too many people will walk away and it will not be worth bothering about imo.

You are assuming i haven't seen them play, captain of SA and i have colleagues over there work wise say he is very good and don't understand why he is not in a higher league - we will see on that one, the Korean chap played in the prem for Cardiff so is he crap as well, maybe not.

The reason we ended up 9th last season is down to Bowyer and his safe/safe/ don't lose attitude, any manager with nous would have had us in the play offs even you must agree there. All i am saying is until our top players leave we have a good nucleus of a team add a couple of sparks and who knows.

I agree with you there Pete.

The nucleus of the team IF they were to stay is a very good starting point.

The GB factor puts paid to that with his shoehorn tendency to accommodate players in the team at the sacrifice of players actual positions.

A smaller squad wouldnt be a bad thing with Bowyer. Less selections to hurt his brain with,a chance to finally have a regular starting eleven, something we ve sadly lacked over the past three seasons.

Then like Burnley ,we d just need a huge slice of luck injury wise and we could well finish around 10th again.

Which taking into consideration our current plight would be a very good season indeed.

The introduction of over 25 players by Bowyer over two seasons hasnt really helped us on the field or off it if we re really being truthful.

More of an hinderance IMO

I've long been critical of the current playing staff, I really don't think they're anywhere near as good as some make out.

Yes we have 2 goal scorers and a winger that had a run of good games last season but was missing in action after Christmas. Take those 3 away and we’re a very poor side in my opinion Pete.

But I respect your view and wish I was as optimistic as you for the coming season pal :tu:

I am concerned at Bowyers comments of "if we have to go into the season with the smallest squad in the championship thats what we'll go with"

Once the injuries (which in my view will certainly happen) start to happen we could be in trouble in a big way...

No doubt some of the youngsters will get used to fill the squad out a bit but we really should be looking to add to the squad.

"we're trying ever so hard" was also mentioned yet again...

If we sign this Korean, am I right in thinking it would be our first player in our history from the Asian continent? I feel like I'm forgetting somebody. But if that's right, it would give us the full sweep of having had a player from every continent (except Antarctica of course!)

I've long been critical of the current playing staff, I really don't think they're anywhere near as good as some make out.

Yes we have 2 goal scorers and a winger that had a run of good games last season but was missing in action after Christmas. Take those 3 away and we’re a very poor side in my opinion Pete.

But I respect your view and wish I was as optimistic as you for the coming season pal :tu:

Cheers Bud, but don't you think had we had a manger with some balls then the missing in action would probably not have happened GB is too friendly and only got slightly angry with his boys when he thought he would be himself in trouble, that never happened so it was as you were, a disgrace as you say. I am always optimistic before a match probably cos of the 6 or 7 pints before :rover: only when the match starts do i think WTF ha ha.

Just watched highlights of the Leeds game in April. Cairney was excellent, very classy and composed. In fact he was in a lot of the games that I saw. He definitely should still be part of the squad, maybe not starting every game but a great option to have. Ridiculous that we lost him to Fulham. No idea what our goals are and how we plan to achieve them.

Cheers Bud, but don't you think had we had a manger with some balls then the missing in action would probably not have happened GB is too friendly and only got slightly angry with his boys when he thought he would be himself in trouble, that never happened so it was as you were, a disgrace as you say. I am always optimistic before a match probably cos of the 6 or 7 pints before :rover: only when the match starts do i think WTF ha ha.

:lol:

Yes the manager is limited, very limited in fact, but I look at players:

Williams, Lowe, Hanley, Spurr, Henley, Evans, Taylor, Steele, Brown

Some that put a shift in yes, but play-off material? Never.

Worst bunch of players in 30yrs+

I just read that Chaddy....worrying that.

It's imperative that they recruit well under the embargo or you are very likely to see us scrapping around at the bottom of the championship. They're obviously struggling like mad to attract players on reduced terms.

It's a shame, because given a £500k - £750k a year transfer budget and competitive wages I don't think there are many managers in that league who could recruit any better. The quicker we're out of the embargo, the better!!

I really cannot understand this logic. Even OUT of the embargo our recruitment policy will be no different. If we spend any more we will just go back under embargo again.

It's exactly why a couple of us don't want us to sell players just to get out of the embargo if we have any aspirations of promotion.

I really cannot understand this logic. Even OUT of the embargo our recruitment policy will be no different. If we spend any more we will just go back under embargo again.

It's exactly why a couple of us don't want us to sell players just to get out of the embargo if we have any aspirations of promotion.

Don't think it's just a couple of people Stuart!

I am concerned at Bowyers comments of "if we have to go into the season with the smallest squad in the championship thats what we'll go with"

Once the injuries (which in my view will certainly happen) start to happen we could be in trouble in a big way...

No doubt some of the youngsters will get used to fill the squad out a bit but we really should be looking to add to the squad.

"we're trying ever so hard" was also mentioned yet again...

It was glaringly obvious he was speaking to the owners through the press in the second half of last season highlighting every reason he could come up with for the averageness. Why now isn't he sending out s.o.s type messages for a signing or two ?

He should be banging on the plane door to go to Pune and say look we are really running a huge risk here if we don't get a few in.

As usual you just get the impression of him shrugging his shoulders and saying 'oh well'.

Archived