BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way we're going to significantly reduce our wage bill is by selling Jordan Rhodes I'm afraid. He must be on so much more than anyone else now.

I can't believe he wants to stay McClarky, after the Hull debacle last season, he was treated extremely poorly by Shaw and the owners, amateurish on every level.

40k or not, i'd have been off, he owes us nothing, great pro and done his job here.

Signing some Korean guy from Wigan apparently.

Kim Bo-kyung.

Scored his first goal in the English leagues against us apparently when he was at Cardiff, his second was against Blackpool and made his full Cardiff Debut against Burnley , must love Lancashire :)

Edit youtube compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn2XnnnzrV4 goal against us around 2.30

Gary pretty much confirming that there will be more sales if the right bids come in, they will replaced with cheaper alternatives. The squad size is no where near big enough to sustain a season in the championship, we already need to bring in at least 5 players and if there are more sales then that number will be increased, at present there is no indication that we are about to see a huge influx of incomings which 3 weeks before the start of the season continues to be a worry.

Very sad to read all that.

Seems to be a real disconnect between Bowyer and the owners. They know nothing about football but it sounds like they have decided on the strategy by themselves.

With Best going they could have allowed Bowyer to start carefully building, but it sounds like they won't allow that.

Watched Kim bo-kyueng play at Wigan towards the back end of last season and whilst Wigan wer the worst team I have watched in my lifetime he always gave 100% even when they were a few goals down and the other players had obviously given up. Good feet also. If this is true I would be happy with the signing. Good energy and work rate and can get in good goalscoring positions from midfield. Something we have sadly lacked for a few seasons

Kim Bo Kyung would be a good signing given the current circumstances. Vital for Cardiff in their promotion season and played most games for them in Premier League. An attacking midfielder who can take on people is something which we are lacking. A Koran international with championship and premier league experience is far better than some Crewe reject.

Also bit funny to read Forest fans thinking they wouldn´t be able to sign him: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43687

Gary pretty much confirming that there will be more sales if the right bids come in, they will replaced with cheaper alternatives. The squad size is no where near big enough to sustain a season in the championship, we already need to bring in at least 5 players and if there are more sales then that number will be increased, at present there is no indication that we are about to see a huge influx of incomings which 3 weeks before the start of the season continues to be a worry.

It's a load of crap Kamy, all of it. Bowyer himself should have been working towards FFP over the past couple of seasons, rather than signing anyone and everyone whether they were needed or not. It would have been painful, but not as painful as a transfer embargo.

I don't think there's anyone in a senior position at the club fit for purpose. The club needs a clean sweep, a deep cleansing.

Kim Bo Kyung would be a good signing given the current circumstances. Vital for Cardiff in their promotion season and played most games for them in Premier League. An attacking midfielder who can take on people is something which we are lacking. A Koran international with championship and premier league experience is far better than some Crewe reject.

Also bit funny to read Forest fans thinking they wouldn´t be able to sign him: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43687

Certainly does seem a decent signing considering the circumstances as long as Gaz doesn't try to slot him in at right back or thy shall not past the halfway line defensive midfielder, but credit where it is due if the signing comes off

It's a load of crap Kamy, all of it. Bowyer himself should have been working towards FFP over the past couple of seasons, rather than signing anyone and everyone whether they were needed or not. It would have been painful, but not as painful as a transfer embargo.

I don't think there's anyone in a senior position at the club fit for purpose. The club needs a clean sweep, a deep cleansing.

Agree Den, I thought that all the scouting team would have been working on identifying players that can be signed under the embargo conditions but they keep acting like this is all a surprise.

Club deffo needs a deep cleansing but until Venky's go that won't happen.

The only way we're going to significantly reduce our wage bill is by selling Jordan Rhodes I'm afraid. He must be on so much more than anyone else now.

The only problem with that is, even flogging Rhodes won't help in the long run as we still need to sign 4-5 players. Rhodes's £40k per week wages off the books and replaced by 4 players on £10k per week. Wage bill remains the same.

Which means you need to bring in league 1 quality on 5k per week (or less!) in order to make a real reduction.

Scary stuff

Not to dissimilar to Bpools situation last season, not that bad yet but similar.

Yet people think we’re on the right track, cutting the wage bill, becoming self sufficient :lol:

I just wish people would wake up and realise things are not getting better, they're getting worse and we're just allowing it to happen.

Only recently Bowyer was praising the Indians in an interview which, I recall caused much debate on here. Now it appears that he has finally seen through their duplicitous ways and wants to try and keep his reputation intact. But he has known the situation all along and his latest interview cuts no ice with me. It just appears that he has buried his head in the sand and been in denial (along with quite a few fans).

Agree Den, I thought that all the scouting team would have been working on identifying players that can be signed under the embargo conditions but they keep acting like this is all a surprise.

Club deffo needs a deep cleansing but until Venky's go that won't happen.

I'm disppointed by the lack of signings this summer.

I thought we would be making some signings by now.

I still think we need 3 or 4 players signings. Plus use O'Sullivan, Nyambe and Mahoney as part of the squad

Someone posted this current squad in the LT.

Eastwood, Steele, Kean (Raya is under 21)

Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Killgallon, Spurr, Olsson (Nyambe is under 21)

Lowe, Marshall, Williamson, O'Sullivan, Taylor, Lenihan, Evans, Conway (Thompson and Mahoney are under 21)

Brown, Rhodes, Gestede.

I'm assuming it's correct. Now taking into account Bowyers comments about further sales - and I guess he's talking the likes of Gestede, Marshall - hopefully not, but possibly Rhodes, the extent of the task ahead is frightening.

That's OK as long as the "cheaper alternatives" have been identified and the club is making moves towards signing them.

But where is the evidence of any forward planning ?

Everything about that interview just highlights what a balls they all made of it last season whilst there was still a decent chance.

The line about 'making us established for a long time rather than busting the bank' is a rather telling one. Just when were they going to bust the bank anyway. Again it comes across like this embargo has been dropped on us out of the sky and if we weren't in it we'd be spending heavily. Utter bollux !

That's OK as long as the "cheaper alternatives" have been identified and the club is making moves towards signing them.

But where is the evidence of any forward planning ?

:lol: :lol:

Archived