BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Not necessarily. Middlesbrough have spent £7 million this summer already and won't get an embargo. Leeds got theirs lifted and have already gone on to spend millions on Chris Wood.

I suppose you could count Zurab as being Asian (Georgian) although Georgia counts as a UEFA nation most consider it as Asian.

Also if we are being picky - Australia play in the Asia cup and turkey is half Asia and we've had a few Turks.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just talking to my mate who is a die hard Wigan fan. Recons Kim is a good player, goes missing from time to time but on his day is a goodun, told me to think of him as a championship Jordi Gomez. Says he's more of a passer and was hoping they could keep him at Wigan but says wages were massive... Which could mean we miss out to Sheff Wed's. Also recons he'll want a decent signing on fee too.

All things considered I'd like to see this one come off but recon we've little chance of this one coming off.

Just talking to my mate who is a die hard Wigan fan. Recons Kim is a good player, goes missing from time to time but on his day is a goodun, told me to think of him as a championship Jordi Gomez. Says he's more of a passer and was hoping they could keep him at Wigan but says wages were massive... Which could mean we miss out to Sheff Wed's. Also recons he'll want a decent signing on fee too.

All things considered I'd like to see this one come off but recon we've little chance of this one coming off.

How long until Wheelock prints "Bowyer confirms Rovers not interested in Kim"...?

Cairney opened the scoring in his first outing for fulham

Our manager, and a lot of the fans, will never learn to appreciate quality. Can't wait to get rid of flair players.

• Backroom

Sociedad (Moyes) after Rhodes according to a strong Spanish source on social media.

Do Sociedad have £10m to spend? I don't really follow La Liga in any great detail, but I was under the impression the majority of the clubs below Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid didn't have that kind of cash to spend.

Just looking at transfermarkt and it seems their record fee is around £9.8M for Carlos Vela in 12/13, other than that they've rarely spent above £5M on a player. Assuming we're asking for around £10M, Rhodes would potentially be a record transfer signing for them.

Do Sociedad have £10m to spend? I don't really follow La Liga in any great detail, but I was under the impression the majority of the clubs below Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid didn't have that kind of cash to spend.

Just looking at transfermarkt and it seems their record fee is around £9.8M for Carlos Vela in 12/13, other than that they've rarely spent above £5M on a player. Assuming we're asking for around £10M, Rhodes would potentially be a record transfer signing for them.

I cant see any club outside of England spending 10m+ on a player who has never played top league football

• Backroom

I cant see any club outside of England spending 10m+ on a player who has never played top league football

It does seem like an unjustifiable fee, particularly as Rhodes does not even play regularly for his country.

Of course, if Venky's lowered the asking price to £5m-£7m that may change things, but there have been no signs at this point to suggest they are willing to do that.

That Beetlejuice guy is definitely irksome. I pointed out how crap I felt Lowe was once, and he accused me of being a Dingle.

If he's inferring Lowe's a good 'un, you should've accused him of being a dingle.

Our manager, and a lot of the fans, will never learn to appreciate quality. Can't wait to get rid of flair players.

It is usually a little less franetic in a pre season friendly - far more suited to a flair player like Cairney. Also - Furman scored a cracker for us pre-season - does that mean we should sign him as he is bound to be a success. Not saying I would have sold Cairney - but a pre-season goal isn't a guarantee of his success.

• Backroom

It is usually a little less franetic in a pre season friendly - far more suited to a flair player like Cairney. Also - Furman scored a cracker for us pre-season - does that mean we should sign him as he is bound to be a success. Not saying I would have sold Cairney - but a pre-season goal isn't a guarantee of his success.

Didn't we lose most of our pre-season friendlies before we went on to win the title? They're little more than glorified training sessions.

Archived