BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

At the end of Sean dyche's first half season in charge burnleh fans wanted him out and they went into the next season favourites for the drop having sold Austin without having a proven replacement. We all know what happened next.. Nobody has a crystal ball. Let's see how the new season pans out before commenting on it..

I understand your point, but basically it boils down to "make no judgements based upon a personal forecast of the future because you might be wrong". Sadly that's crazy. You can't go through live just seeing how it pans out and making no decisions because "you don't have a crystal ball".

Well you could go through life that way but I doubt you would maximise your opportunities. I would doubt the likelihood of a successful career if you are unable to make decisions. The fact is people have to make a guess at what things are likely to be like based on experience, and form some decisions off the back of that.

The "no one has a crystal ball" argument is a very poor one.

As for Dyche. Good point well made. Though very very different as Bowyer has been at the helm of Rovers for three years, not one, and has his own squad. It's really not comparable.

Ps. I still think we should keep Bowyer as we will not be able to attract anyone better. I actually think we are in more danger of him walking than him being sacked.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We on here sometimes don't realise how cocooned from what actually goes on the general fanbase are. My mate for example, Rovers through and through but a busy guy and not much of an internet/social media type. He might browse on here, the clubs site or the LT site once in a while for literally 5 mins. He hates Venkys and judges the manager etc by what he sees on the pitch yet when I tell him stuff similar to what gets discussed on here in detail he's aghast. Looks at me like he doesn't know whether to believe stuff or not and there in lies the problem, the awareness just isn't enough about the real situation. A lot seem to think it'll blow over and we'll suddenly become good again.

The key phrase was "under our current restrictions".

As much as I'd love us to be signing similar players to Derby and Boro, we cant. In all honesty, our realistic ambition is to hope we can plod along in this league until Venkys go. Only then will we move forwards.

And when people accept league 1 players and journeymen as 'the norm' how will venkys ever be pushed out without protest when people are accepting this, venkys are on a winner in terms of fans indifference and that won't change until someone stands up and says enough

gav, i am sure the majority of fans dont know whats going on.

how many are on this forum ?

Yes I think you're right, but even if you've been on the moon for the past 5yrs, and i think a few on here have, one look at the current playing staff, manager, board room should tell you we're in the mire, deep in the mire.

That Beetlejuice guy is definitely irksome. I pointed out how crap I felt Lowe was once, and he accused me of being a Dingle.

Haha doesn't surprise me. He seems a bit of a WUM. Everything's so fine and rosey to fans like that. I was accused similar for questioning Bowyer's tactics at some point. I've given up on some fans.

At the end of Sean dyche's first half season in charge burnleh fans wanted him out and they went into the next season favourites for the drop having sold Austin without having a proven replacement. We all know what happened next.. Nobody has a crystal ball. Let's see how the new season pans out before commenting on it..

Very true, unfortunately Bowyer is no Dyche and imo is a very poor manager , who landed the job cos he was cheap!

Last seasons finish of 9th was very poor especially with Rhodes And Gestede scoring over 40 goals....The football I witnessed was dreadful with no game plan at all....

Just hoof it up and hope Gestede or Rhodes get a goal or 2 ...

I think it's more a case of there not really being a single thing we can do. The owners have demonstrated they are entirely disinterested in our opinions. Even if they were chased out, there's every chance they could simply ruin the club, permanently, by calling in their debt. The fanbase don't have the money to handle that problem. What, logically, can we do that will improve matters?

They've already ruined the club bluebruce.

And when people accept league 1 players and journeymen as 'the norm' how will venkys ever be pushed out without protest when people are accepting this, venkys are on a winner in terms of fans indifference and that won't change until someone stands up and says enough

Here ucking here :tu:

In truth Tomphil there are probably some who spend a while on here who think the same as your mate

Sad but true although some just refuse to accept reality but I'd wager most are almost oblivious to the real scenario. Especially those who only rely on the LT for info, not that they'd do anything anyway :(

beetlejuice and a few others that post on the LT website are either

A) Venky stooges

B ) LT stooges protecting the Venky's

Question anything with regards the running of the club and they gangbang you, labelling you a dingle etc.

It's like coco the clowns happy hour sometimes on there..

Very true, unfortunately Bowyer is no Dyche and imo is a very poor manager , who landed the job cos he was cheap!

Last seasons finish of 9th was very poor especially with Rhodes And Gestede scoring over 40 goals....The football I witnessed was dreadful with no game plan at all....

Just hoof it up and hope Gestede or Rhodes get a goal or 2 ...

If we had two average strikers, or hell, even replaced either Rudy or Rhodes with an average striker instead, I truly think we'd have finished 14th or below. Looking how tight the league is in the middle pack, and how far we were off promotion, IMO it's abundantly clear that the two strikers bailed us out on many occasions by pulling goals out their backsides, particularly when it was undeserved.

Fine Gav, obliterate the club then. That's what I meant by ruin. Cease to exist.

And what exactly do you think is currently happening bluebruce? Wake up man, this isn't going to end with a promotion party pal, its going to end up with lots of debt and 3 idiots disappearing under a rock in Pune, so the sooner they're ousted the better for me.

You're obviously holding out for some sort of hope that they'll turn it around, make good decisions, take us back to the Premiership? You must be or you'd want them out whatever the possible cost to the club.

Its not going to happen because they're thick and they don't care.

The goal he scored against was one that ANY footballer could have scored, nothing special, absolutely bog standard in excecution you'd see this at amateur level. Conways goal on the other hand was that little biT special.

Bog standard or not it's 100% better record than our current no.9, Brown!

And what exactly do you think is currently happening bluebruce? Wake up man, this isn't going to end with a promotion party pal, its going to end up with lots of debt and 3 idiots disappearing under a rock in Pune, so the sooner they're ousted the better for me.

You're obviously holding out for some sort of hope that they'll turn it around, make good decisions, take us back to the Premiership? You must be or you'd want them out whatever the possible cost to the club.

Its not going to happen because they're thick and they don't care.

No Gav. What I'm hoping for is delaying the inevitable, staving it off. What you're looking to do is hasten it. I despise them, I want them out, and I'd accept a high cost, but if the cost is extinction, wtf is the point? It doesn't matter, because we WONT succeed in pushing them out. Like you said - they don't care. Especially about what we think.

If you can come up with an actual strategy for fixing our Venkys problem that doesn't just kill us even quicker, I'm all ears. And if it makes sense, I'm all aboard.

No Gav. What I'm hoping for is delaying the inevitable, staving it off. What you're looking to do is hasten it. I despise them, I want them out, and I'd accept a high cost, but if the cost is extinction, wtf is the point? It doesn't matter, because we WONT succeed in pushing them out. Like you said - they don't care. Especially about what we think.

If you can come up with an actual strategy for fixing our Venkys problem that doesn't just kill us even quicker, I'm all ears.

Well surely they will care when there's a boycott of the stadium, like that's ever going to happen, too many sand dwellers and pussies

If you can come up with an actual strategy for fixing our Venkys problem that doesn't just kill us even quicker, I'm all ears. And if it makes sense, I'm all aboard.

Yes sorry its the wrong thread, this is for transfers, last word on this.

NO club of our stature has gone out of business due to debt, its never happened and won't happen here. I agree it could happen, but I'd put my mortgage on it not happening.

Its time people stopped worrying about things they can't control and concentrated on things they can.

As roverandout says, a boycott of the club will have them lot running for the hills, if only the ones left did that it would be a start, send a message, but the fans are as apathetic as the thick owners.

Yes I think you're right, but even if you've been on the moon for the past 5yrs, and i think a few on here have, one look at the current playing staff, manager, board room should tell you we're in the mire, deep in the mire.

If we start the first match with Gestede and Rhodes and maybe this Korean chappie and maybe Furman then that's not a bad team, unless the rules have changed we can only field 11 at once, SO FAR only Cariney has left who was regularly in the team, now it may be that our two CF leave, and i would then agree we would be in the mire, but until such times the core of our squad is still very good, and would be even 30% better with a decent pedigree manager, i agree the v's and board need to ship out asap but we know that will not happen.

There are pages and pages of doom and gloom from the same posters so i guess eventually you will get it right, we will see what happens over the next three weeks eh, got to be a little optimistic.

So are we signing this lad from Wigan? (Guessing he's on a free?)

Don't know how close it is but yeah, it's a free rather than a loan (I assume that's what you meant). I posted a link in the links only thread. He was released by Cardiff after they were relegated and signed a short term deal at Wigan last season.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-interested-in-former-cardiff-city-midfielder/

Understand the sentiment Mike but were damaged goods, no doubt about that.

Get rid of the three stooges and we can rise again, get some pride back, God we need it.

I think there are two sets of three stooges we need to get rid of. In fact the ones at Ewood probably number four including Bowyer.

Archived