BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Moyes and Real S want Rhodes, I would expect Shelfy to step away from the negotiation with Real S given his friendship with Moyes. A cynic might also think that Moyes believes he can get Rhodes for sub £10m !

I believe Rovers would take £7 to £8m for Rhodes up front - V's want cash and quick. Also, don't forget that his £40kish / week wage also costs Rovers almost £6k / week in employers national insurance - frightening.

Why does our club still waste money every year to go and @#/? about in the sun for a week or two? It must cost a fortune and it cant be doing much good for either fitness or team spirit as both have been awful in recent years regardles of their summer jolly ups.

The best managers I have met have a presence, a personality I didn't feel that when I met kean (at all ever), berg or Appleton the last manager we had with it was big Sam... Sad to say nice guy Gary doesn't seem to have it either

I am tired of agendas, i just wanna talk football..

Talk football then. Instead of wrongly saying who appointed and sacked who...bearing in mind you overlooking the Berg court case and the director (Shaw with his signature on the Berg contract) going rogue.

I was also a Berg fan. I would have given him another 20 games (a lot more than that wally GB has had btw).

Ex-player syndrome. Take the blue & white spectacles off. Berg was friggin' awful.

Ex-player syndrome. Take the blue & white spectacles off. Berg was friggin' awful.

Do me a favour! He didn't get a bloody chance. Not to mention the small chance he was given was pretty much in the heart of the shnit storm. I'm pretty sure he'd have done a better job than Bowyer has, given the same time in the job. And I'm one of the few fighting Bowyer's corner!!

Do me a favour! He didn't get a bloody chance. Not to mention the small chance he was given was pretty much in the heart of the shnit storm. I'm pretty sure he'd have done a better job than Bowyer has, given the same time in the job. And I'm one of the few fighting Bowyer's corner!!

And what are you basing this on? His mediocre managerial career in Norway? Or winning the tinpot league in Poland?

Bowyer took the same group of players (more or less) and did much better than Berg, whilst Shebby & Shagnew were still on the scene. If Berg was some random Norwegian coach with no previous affiliation with the club, with the same record of 1 win in 10, we wouldn't be talking about him now.

If Moyes and Real S want Rhodes, I would expect Shelfy to step away from the negotiation with Real S given his friendship with Moyes. A cynic might also think that Moyes believes he can get Rhodes for sub £10m !

I believe Rovers would take £7 to £8m for Rhodes up front - V's want cash and quick. Also, don't forget that his £40kish / week wage also costs Rovers almost £6k / week in employers national insurance - frightening.

What's next then? A freak geological occurrence opening chasms to hell itself just below Ewood and Brockhall?

I wasn't until his name was brought up. The guy didn't stand a chance. One half of the board was against his appointment from day one. The other only appointed him because every other candidate said no. He had 52 days in a very very stressful high profile job. Things didn't click immediately. Big deal. I'm offering no guarantee he'd have been a success. But I know he was a champions league winner, premier league winner and as a player he was composed, a leader and a fantastic reader of the game. It's doesn't promise success, but, if I recall, he based his side around your favourite Rochina and he signed the much hailed King.

I'm not saying we've let the next mourinho slip between our fingers. But I do appreciate he never stood a chance.

Good midfelders available on free:

Joey Barton

Lassana Diarra

Abou Diaby

Wout Brama

Chris Herd

Esteban Cambiasso

Bo kyung kim

Danny Guthrie

Rodolph Austin

Sulley Muntari

Wilson Palacios

Urby Emanuelson

Frederico Casarini

May Mahlangu

James Holland

Owen Garvan

Daniel Tözser

Strikers:

Ishak Belfodil

Jimmy Briand

Ricardo Vaz Te

Nelson Valdez

Jonathan Reis

Carlton Cole

Hugo Rodallega

Gergely Rudolf

Giorgios Samaras

But out of our league probably..

I wasn't until his name was brought up. The guy didn't stand a chance. One half of the board was against his appointment from day one. The other only appointed him because every other candidate said no. He had 52 days in a very very stressful high profile job. Things didn't click immediately. Big deal. I'm offering no guarantee he'd have been a success.

You JUST said that you're "pretty sure" that he would've done better than Bowyer. I see no evidence of that.

Anyway, I'll admit it was not an ideal scenario that Berg walked into, by any means, although he knew what he was letting himself in for when he publicly slated the owners previously.

But I know he was a champions league winner, premier league winner and as a player he was composed, a leader and a fantastic reader of the game.

Paul Ince was a great player, a title-winner, and a England captain. How did that work out for us?

You JUST said that you're "pretty sure" that he would've done better than Bowyer. I see no evidence of that.

Anyway, I'll admit it was not an ideal scenario that Berg walked into, by any means, although he knew what he was letting himself in for when he publicly slated the owners previously.

Paul Ince was a great player, a title-winner, and a England captain. How did that work out for us?

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your capitals toppers. I was saying I didn't bring his name up. It's not a drum I've been banging. I also stressed (twice I think) that his credentials were no guarantee of success. But, as we both seem to agree on, his appointment was during a god forsaken era. And (this point I'm not sure is one we both agree on or not - quite frankly it doesn't really matter to me either way) 52 days in charge is not sufficient time to judge a manager.

The way I see it is rovers let him down. Not the other way around.

Cairney played wide-right of a midfield 4 today for Fulham. Bloody Bowyer's fault.

Well for one it's only pre season so that could change. Also he rarely put much of a shift in for us on the right last season and didn't look like he was playing for the manager, nor listening to him if a few observers close to the bench are to be believed. So yeah you might be right :rock:

Archived