BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Amazing the figure required is exactly the 7 m for gestede and the 10m for Rhodes eh? Try another one dingle.. 😁

Loving all these quality signings your bringing in for your promotion campaign. Oh wait..

Not a dingle. Wednesday fan from a family of rovers fans. No reason for my dad to lie about this he is fed up with the whole thing and has cancelled his season ticket for the first time in 30 years.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said this yesterday on this MB and on twitter to a couple of Rovers fan there.

I see them saying Rhodes asking price is about 10 mil plus 2 mil in add on's. Gestede around 6 mil plus 3 mil in add on's

If Venkys was 'Quick Cash' then they would have accept Watford 5 mil bid plus 4 mil in add ons but they rejected it

or they want every squeezed penny before they go

Not a dingle. Wednesday fan from a family of rovers fans. No reason for my dad to lie about this he is fed up with the whole thing and has cancelled his season ticket for the first time in 30 years.

oh ok

Just been speaking to my dad (lifelong rovers fan) who was at lords last week with someone on the FA board that is close with someone on the rovers board (not naming names as it could effect my job) who says you need to get £17m soon or administration is looming. Looks like venkys aren't bothered any more.

I think this would be positive. Rovers should just take the points hit, the possible relegation and regroup and start again.

Anyway just thought I would share that as you probably want to know what's going on as nothing is coming out of Ewood for you fans

I couldn't agree more TBH :tu:

Wednesday fans know what being shafted by owners is all about, finally you've now got an owner that will be able to make things happen, although the price hike is a bit of a worry, £52 in the South Stand for cat A game :(

I couldn't agree more TBH :tu:

Wednesday fans know what being shafted by owners is all about, finally you've now got an owner that will be able to make things happen, although the price hike is a bit of a worry, £52 in the South Stand for cat A game :(

The prices are a joke and a petition is on it's way. To be fair to the new owner he has splashed some cash and has also said he is reopening season tickets in light of the new ticket prices. Bristol city are going to pay £39 if they want to come hillsborough for the opener, which is way too high.

I don't think we will sign Rhodes either he is too expensive and we aren't even looking at Marshall as the new manager has already brought in players that play in his position.

How's giles coke getting on?

League one isn't that bad, at least u start winning, so possible admin wouldn't be that bad.

I'll agree on that, but let's not forget he is still learning as a manager.. I'd like to see him address the goals against problem personally, making us harder to beat, but I expect to hear fans moan if it means we score less. Managers just can't win sometimes..

He's one of the longest serving managers in the league isn't he?

I'd like to see him address the goals against problem too. Main reason being he doesn't get players fit, organised, plays people out of position, tinkers from week to week and has a rash young Scottish bloke, woth awful positional sense promoted prematurely as a captain don't look great from where I sit.

The prices are a joke and a petition is on it's way. To be fair to the new owner he has splashed some cash and has also said he is reopening season tickets in light of the new ticket prices. Bristol city are going to pay £39 if they want to come hillsborough for the opener, which is way too high.

I don't think we will sign Rhodes either he is too expensive and we aren't even looking at Marshall as the new manager has already brought in players that play in his position.

How's giles coke getting on?

League one isn't that bad, at least u start winning, so possible admin wouldn't be that bad.

I'd take league 1 now if it mean't getting rid of these owners, sadly our fan base seems happy to accept being shafted by 3 idiots thousands of miles away and won't do anything about it.

Not seen Coke myself, I hear he's not very good, goes missing, sometimes for months on end!

No, relegations are brilliant. Some of my favourite Rovers memories are those heartbreaking nights. The sleepless nights leading up to them too - epic.

Yeah I suppose we should be grateful really. I mean, when you think about it,if it does happen, administration isn't so bad. We should thank the clueless foreign owners who thought running a proud football club into the ground would be a good way of promoting their poultry business. I mean the amount of times I've sat watching football and thought to myself "darn it, I wish I knew of a company thousands of miles away who can provide a good chicken feed". It's business and marketing acumen of the very highest order. Yeah the institution suffered a tad in the process. But league one ain't so bad.

Come to think of it perhaps we were a little hard on that poor bald Scottish fella and his diligent agent. A fractured fan base (even still), the hurried exits of any talent we once had, coupled with good professionals being sidelined and moved on, plus the millions we spent on such exotic names as Paulo Jorge and Henrique. All a bit of jolly good fun in hindsight. At least I can tell my grandchildren one day that I had the pleasure of watching the Argentinian magician Formica strutting hus stuff at Ewood. Not that they'll be listening mind you. Too much fun to be had watching the league one entertainment.

Now I'm not saying I believe your post. But don't come on here and tell us administration isn't so bad. Come to think of it, that's the best case scenario. Because otherwise your making it up and thinking it's a good idea to come and rub the noses of rovers fans in it. Which is perverse at its best. At its worst it makes you a right old shyster.I'm not sure which yet.

If bowyer chose to bench him, does that not suggest he may have lost patience with him..?

So he played him 30+ times before he lost patience with him?

The Ipswich game was a formation to accommodate Dunny in his final appearance, Hudds and Millwall he gave Taylor a game.

Yeah I suppose we should be grateful really. I mean, when you think about it,if it does happen, administration isn't so bad. We should thank the clueless foreign owners who thought running a proud football club into the ground would be a good way of promoting their poultry business. I mean the amount of times I've sat watching football and thought to myself "darn it, I wish I knew of a company thousands of miles away who can provide a good chicken feed". It's business and marketing acumen of the very highest order. Yeah the institution suffered a tad in the process. But league one ain't so bad.

Come to think of it perhaps we were a little hard on that poor bald Scottish fella and his diligent agent. A fractured fan base (even still), the hurried exits of any talent we once had, coupled with good professionals being sidelined and moved on, plus the millions we spent on such exotic names as Paulo Jorge and Henrique. All a bit of jolly good fun in hindsight. At least I can tell my grandchildren one day that I had the pleasure of watching the Argentinian magician Formica strutting hus stuff at Ewood. Not that they'll be listening mind you. Too much fun to be had watching the league one entertainment.

Now I'm not saying I believe your post. But don't come on here and tell us administration isn't so bad. Come to think of it, that's the best case scenario. Because otherwise your making it up and thinking it's a good idea to come and rub the noses of rovers fans in it. Which is perverse at its best. At its worst it makes you a right old shyster.I'm not sure which yet.

Administration isn't as bad as continuing to build up massive debts and end up in league 1 anyway PV.

I know I sound like a scratched record but I think we'll be at that point very soon anyway, especially if Rhodes and Gestede go.

But look on the bright side, at least then we can start to recover, until they leave we can't even begin to recover.

• Backroom

As far as Rhodes goes, he's been a goner every close season since we signed him if you believed some folk on here..!

Wouldn't matter he's not a regular 90 minute player, he came off after half an hour in the Stanley game

Really ?

An analogy - your house is falling down, who do you consult, an architect or a journalist ?

As far as I am aware, Kamy has no financial expertise which might help with his understanding of the situation.

No analogy necessary - the Rao's have at no point acted in a financially prudent manner - at no point have they acted in a way that you (or most) predicted. The only point of reference was the Jones transfer - where (if rumour is true) they managed to somehow get a larger fee than in his release clause.

Amazing the figure required is exactly the 7 m for gestede and the 10m for Rhodes eh? Try another one dingle..

Loving all these quality signings your bringing in for your promotion campaign. Oh wait..

He's a Sheff Weds fan who's posted on here longer than thee, your more suspicious than him :rover:

Funnily enough the rumours of Barclays wanting their 10 mill a few years ago started in similar circumstances. Guess what it turned out to be correct but we had Samba to sell then and a super agent on the case. Fact is without the parachute income and added to the probably ever rising external debt and overdraft the club will need a big cash injection pretty soon again. Cairney was sacrificed to pay the bills for now and it WILL have to be sales or the owners through VLL injecting that cash to keep the club going.

These are cold hard facts and no matter what may available in India to secure against the BOI will not just keep extending borrowings, somewhere soon they are going to want to see some cash flowing back, end of. So this could have some truth to it so it's over to the V's as usual.

Miseryman will be all over this like a cheap suit!

You worry me greatly.

You seem to have an unhealthy and unnatural infatuation with me.

I would see your doctor.

• Backroom

Pictures circulating on Facebook of Kim-Bo-Kyung coming out of Ewood with his agent and Terry McPhilips this afternoon.

Looks like we may finally have a signing!

Pictures circulating on Facebook of Kim-Bo-Kyung coming out of Ewood with his agent and Terry McPhilips this afternoon.

Looks like we may finally have a signing!

Hurrah! Seems like a decent one too :)

Archived