BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that the contract we should be offering any player good enough to warrant it is the exact amount per year that our embargo permits. No bonuses just yet, since I believe if these take the earnings past the ceiling we are in violation. Then when the embargo is lifted (think we have a decent shot at this for January), a contract extension with a likely modest wage bump and appropriate bonuses added, and a very large promotion bonus that perhaps also triggers a contract extension.

Although players like Furman can just get what they're given! Not that he isn't any good, I've no idea, but just that he isn't high profile enough to command it.

Am I the only one that wondered why Rovers were signing a Korean dictator?

yes since Kim is a very common Korean surname. There are all sorts of shops and businesses that say Kim on their signs. Made us laugh as it happens to be my husbands first name

£10000 a week is alot of money. You can get really good players IF you have good scouts.

Right. Do we though? I don't think you can get very many 'very' good players on that for all the positions you need, and you assuredly have a better range of 'very' good players the more you can pay. Just suggesting ways we can up the ante when necessary to get the best we can.

Rob Coar is a director and Greg Coar is head of marketing and comercial. Are the relatives? Hasnt Coar been at the club for ages? What does Rob do at the club?

Mike Cheston is finance director, news to me.

Rob Gill head of media?

Right. Do we though? I don't think you can get very many 'very' good players on that for all the positions you need, and you assuredly have a better range of 'very' good players the more you can pay. Just suggesting ways we can up the ante when necessary to get the best we can.

Thats right but you have too look at the right markets. Would EU players nerd work permit? Otherwise theres alot players for that wages in the balkan countries where wages are low.

Thats right but you have too look at the right markets. Would EU players nerd work permit? Otherwise theres alot players for that wages in the balkan countries where wages are low.

Absolutely, but especially with a small squad we need to be getting in at least some players of proven quality in the English leagues. There are bargains in the Balkans and other places, and we should certainly look at bringing in one or two of that ilk, but we need to be prepared to think outside the box in bringing in some players with proven credentials in the English leagues, as it is a different kettle of fish. I know all signings are gambles, but you're playing slightly longer odds without a track record at this level.

£10000 a week is alot of money. You can get really good players IF you have good scouts.

Ipswich didn't do too badly last season, none of their players were on more than this apparently, Paul Taylor was in fact their

highest paid on £10k pw,. before he came to us.

I think £10k must be around the average wage in the Championship, as they must have some sort of criteria for setting the

FFP limit.

Mind you, we don't have Mick M.

He was our answer the David Silva, wasn't he?

Don't you know the script? He missed the last game so he's not considered a regular by the excusers. He was sold WITHOUT Bowyer being consulted, as Bowyer admitted, but it's easier to think he didn't rate him. Yet Marshall, who is just as prone to vanishing, is being touted as the mortar in the wall.

Wouldn't matter he's not a regular 90 minute player, he came off after half an hour in the Stanley game

Post of the day :)

Pictures circulating on Facebook of Kim-Bo-Kyung coming out of Ewood with his agent and Terry McPhilips this afternoon.

Looks like we may finally have a signing!

It's a sign of the times that this is big news. Average Joe signs for Rovers. Cue bunting and public holiday.

Why is it everytime rovers issue some sort of statement of intent , they don't follow it through ?

Bowyer stated he wanted to get our business done early , yet with the season less than 3 weeks away , we still ain't signed anyone .

We are none the wiser who else is to be sold

No one at a Ewood at board level has muttered a word

The owners are silent

Are season tickets even back on sale yet ?

Stable club ????? Really ??????

Even the ultimate optimist must be now questioning what the next month is going to bring let alone the season ??

Got a feeling this is going to be a long hard season for everyone connected with rovers

t's a sign of the times that this is big news. Average Joe signs for Rovers. Cue bunting and public holiday.

To be fair this guy is like Messi compared to some of the players we have on trial.

Let's hope it is him and it's serious and not just some window dressing before they turn around and say he's signed for someone else. Then blame the FFP etc etc, I've no faith in anything at the club now sadly.

Kim might be a good signing, I watched Cardiff v Burnley at the end of the season Cardiff went up and I remember there was a Korean lad that stood out a mile, a really nice player to watch. And he looked at home playing in the Premiership when I watched one of Cardiff's early PL games, v City I think.

So fingers crossed, although I'm not sure if he's declined slightly if he's been released by Cardiff and Wigan.

• Backroom

can't you just go and buy a ST in the club shop? or fill in an ST Application form on Website?

Nope been off sale for weeks as I enquired when j bought a shirt I think they go back on sale tomorrow

Archived