BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

You know them. They have been actively quoted out...leaked. Accidentally on purpose.

You don't need to test me mate. I'm just a fan who has mates within the coaching set up. I have no agenda. People just get bogged down with conspiracies and can't see the woods for the trees.

As for wood for trees Mani Rovers situation won't improve until Venky's Go ..If as most are predicting and it certainly seems that way the financial plight as got worse or Venky's have an exit plan can definitely see Rhodes going close on valuation where previously the Rao's have knocked back and Gestede may be left sulking depending on financial and Venkys stubborn ways it looks like we'll have to wait and see..

The club is an absolute sham at the moment even season tickets not back on sale what is all that about

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit myself I didn't attend a single game last season, so no need to keep alluding to it like I'm trying to keep it a secret.. 😯

Don't be so touchy, you watched on tinterweb didn't you....so you know how we play and what sort of service Rhodes receives most weeks, that's what should 'grate' with you.

It's the one thing that grates with me, 'we don't play to Rhodes strengths'.. Well as a footballer, he has no strengths.. He is a finisher, nothing more..

interesting thing about Rhodes and Shearer, was although Shearer was a finisher as well, he had alot of Gestede in him as well. Wait let me rephrase, he could do what Gestede can do ie hold up the ball, head and finish.

Rhodes kind of need to do alot more of that when he is not playing alongside Rudy, because playing to his feet and only to his feet is not ideal, if we need to mix it up a bit by going the aerial route

A footballers strength is finishing, especially if you're a striker.

Playing to his strengths is giving him the ball to his feet in and around the box, not up round his ears like we do most weeks, which you'll know of course.

....correct .

And not 35 yard from goal on his ownsome lonesome with no support within 15 yards.

Said many times before,ball to the bye line into the box and Rhodes is at his best.

Just looking at a starting eleven if Kim and Furman joins.

Steele (ok raya have to be patient)

Henley Duffy, Killa, Olsson

Furman, Evans or Lowe

Marshall, Kim, Conway

Rhodes or Gestede

Seems a more balanced side.

A steady keeper.

Two big central defenders.

Henley and. Olsson bombing down then flanks. Furman and Evans/Lowe tackling and harrassing.

Marshall, Kim and Conway doing the creativity stuff in midfeld.

On deadly striker upfront.

Mercer has done everything possible to ignore questions posed to him about his story about one of our youth players being snapped up. He stated that as fact and it never came about.

He's also had Rhodes sold 4 times so far. Of course he'll be sold at some stage but he's guaranteed it the last two windows.

Now he's saying the same again and that they will go cheap. I won't be surprised if Rhodes and Gestede do go but it won't be on the cheap.

Yea what happened to Rhodes to Bolton..? 😁 more Nicko tripe, the fat scotch @#/?..

Mercer has done everything possible to ignore questions posed to him about his story about one of our youth players being snapped up. He stated that as fact and it never came about.

He's also had Rhodes sold 4 times so far. Of course he'll be sold at some stage but he's guaranteed it the last two windows.

Now he's saying the same again and that they will go cheap. I won't be surprised if Rhodes and Gestede do go but it won't be on the cheap.

The one about the youth player the rumour came from a certain players agent and was doing the rounds

One thing is for certain though lose Rhodes Gestede we'll struggle big time

tell you what Mani, if we sign up those 3, and manage to miraculously hold onto Rhodes and Gestede, then it would be outstanding imo. I do believe though that as much as Lennihan and the rest are coming through, we still need a Baptiste replacement, or at least one more experienced and solid CB option

Doneil Henry.

GB still has him tom come back this season on loan. But WH changed manager and SB wants a look on him but he would be one of the premier league loans.

interesting thing about Rhodes and Shearer, was although Shearer was a finisher as well, he had alot of Gestede in him as well. Wait let me rephrase, he could do what Gestede can do ie hold up the ball, head and finish.

Rhodes kind of need to do alot more of that when he is not playing alongside Rudy, because playing to his feet and only to his feet is not ideal, if we need to mix it up a bit by going the aerial route

Agreed, playing to feet all the time would be just as predictable as in the air all the time..

It's the one thing that grates with me, 'we don't play to Rhodes strengths'.. Well as a footballer, he has no strengths.. He is a finisher, nothing more..

His other strength is movement and positioning. When that ball lands at his feet in the box and he turns and puts it in (think Bolton at home last season), it's not a coincidence he is stood there. For a striker, losing your marker and creating that little bit of space for when / if the ball comes is a skill in itself. Andy Cole was brilliant at it.

I hope we can have almost the same starting eleven for the whole season. Like. Burnley, Brentford and Bournemouth been very succesfull with.

That will be down to GB (barring injuries)

His record isnt too good when putting out a regular starting eleven.

Hopefully a smaller squad to choose may reign him in a little.

I hope we can have almost the same starting eleven for the whole season. Like. Burnley, Brentford and Bournemouth been very succesfull with.

Can you honestly see that with Bowyer and his selection tombola?

Maybe that's why Venky's want him to be limited to a very small squad ;-)

The one about the youth player the rumour came from a certain players agent and was doing the rounds

Really? 'Doing the rounds'? Was that on here? (Maybe you could provide a link evidencing this players' agent involvement?) Thanks in advance as your mate the 'professionally qualified accountant' does a Franz Klammer whenever he's asked for clarification.

Can you honestly see that with Bowyer and his selection tombola?

Maybe that's why Venky's want him to be limited to a very small squad ;-)

I think it's only fair to say we'd need less injuries if we want a season of consistent lineups. Name a centre back that didn't get injured last season;

Killa, Hanley, baptiste and Duffy all had injuries that cost them a chunk of the season.

One thing is for certain though lose Rhodes Gestede we'll struggle big time

Probably but wouldn't any club in the world struggle if it sold two of its best players?

I think it's only fair to say we'd need less injuries if we want a season of consistent lineups. Name a centre back that didn't get injured last season;

Killa, Hanley, baptiste and Duffy all had injuries that cost them a chunk of the season.

Very true. Maybe I've been unfair criticising our defensive record given the circumstances. The back 4 is one part of the team you definitely need consistency of selection for it to function..

• Backroom

It certainly does raise questions as to how well the players are being prepared for match day and how well they're being rehabilitated from injury. If last season is anything to go by, the answer is not very well at all.

Shearer had everything but fancy skills and pace. He had a great cross on him too.

We were so lucky to see that guy play for us in his prime.

It certainly does raise questions as to how well the players are being prepared for match day and how well they're being rehabilitated from injury. If last season is anything to go by, the answer is not very well at all.

That is true, issues raise questions that need answers. I can think of a few calf strains etc that could be down to bad prep - ie King

We've had some bad luck though. Duffy was a training ground collision I believe, and the long one Marshall got from the season before last that cost him pre season last year was a stud stuck in the turf!

i dont get this DE, dont we have a very good physio or medical team? or have they left as well?

i dont get this DE, dont we have a very good physio or medical team? or have they left as well?

Funnily enough the sport science guy that we had (mark Howard?) went to Burnley under Eddie Howe and is still there!

Doh.

Funnily enough the sport science guy that we had (mark Howard?) went to Burnley under Eddie Howe and is still there!

Doh.

oh is it, and they had basically the same starting 11 for much of their promotion season without much injuries. Interesting.

Archived