BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per what I said yesterday, both Rudy and Rhodes are available but only if someone is willing to match Venky's valuation. Rhodes valuation is based on Ross McCormack (sp) being sold to Fulham last year for £11 million, Venky's want more than that hence the £12 million value. I would say £10 million upfront with £2 million guaranteed add on's would get him. As the we get closer to the end of the window I can see someone getting desperate and paying that. Whilst Rovers are under embargo and want to come out of it as soon as possible, what Venky's seem to have decided that they would rather remain under embargo than to sell players below their valuations.

There are two dangers there Kamy. Firstly that any deal is done too late, and secondly that selling either, or both could relegate us. On the other hand if we don't sell, we won't get out of the embargo. Thats nothing we all don't know though. I guess it's a fire fight at the moment. Just fend off the invaders one at a time and pray.

Surely a happy medium can be reached. I.e. we don't have to cash in on any more of our best players but still achieve FFP compliance?

I say that because every other club in this division, with the exception of Leeds who sold McCormack for £11 million, has managed to comply and avoid punishment without having to sell any of their better players.

Having a sensible wage bill and running costs is more important than selling off assets to get a quick boost to the coffers.

Note Bolton for example. Losses drastically reduced by slashing the wage bill yet no multi-million pound player sales - compliance achieved.

I think we have done enough to either have achieved acceptable losses or be able to evidence we are on course to do so very soon. Our very small squad, all of whom are on Championship salaries bar Rhodes, is surely a sustainable wage bill at this level.

I would agree that resisting losing any more of our best players is absolutely the right way forward now. We can't afford any more departures from a squad of 17 outfield players.

Really? 'Doing the rounds'? Was that on here? (Maybe you could provide a link evidencing this players' agent involvement?) Thanks in advance as your mate the 'professionally qualified accountant' does a Franz Klammer whenever he's asked for clarification.

It was doing the rounds around the town fella of which you won't hear about

So, it looks very much like Venky's are prepared to sell both our biggest assets, for a price. I wonder if both the willingness to sell and the setting of the price had to be unanimously agreed by the four 4 morons?

So, now things may get interesting. If Rhodes goes for the quoted amount, is it some attempt to get the club out of the lumbago? I would say "no", it seems that venky's are quite content not to throw any more money at things, and the embargo is a very convenient excuse. We don't really seem to have tried to hard to use the sort of technical accounting flourishes that other clubs have used to slip free of it. And quite honestly, my strong impression is that we wouldn't have a team left if we sold players to escape the embargo, and then we'd get embargoed again as soon as we bought a new player.

Are they trying to liquidate anything of value before getting their hand out of the giblet jar? I would suspect yes, after all, what would be the point of selling Cairney so swiftly, he might not have been our best-ever player, but since any replacement would necessarily be a number of notches below, I can't see any sense in it, unless they're having a fire sale.

What will be really interesting is if Rhodes goes near the end of the window for less than the quoted amount, then we really will know that Venky's want out pdq.

I said before if Rhodes goes, Venky's have had enough and want out, a quoted price means that he's up for sale, so we're not far away from the terminal stages of their ownership.

And that gentlemen is exactly why Rhodes would be a poor acquisition to a bottom 10 premier league club.

When you re under the cosh for 70 mins of a game away from home against top Premier League opposition to play Rhodes would be suicidal.

The ball would be coming back at the defence every single time. The boy is not an all round footballer with very little pace. In the Premier League his goal scoring chances would be very limited.

And thats why IMO Rhodes if hes going anywhere it will be to another to another Championship side.The Premier League will find him out.

Ask Gordan Strachan ..

Gordon Strachan, good god he was a bang average midfielder who has done nothing in league management, only got the job because hes one of the boys, JR would not get found out in the PL, hes there to score GOALS, not bloody defend, i think thats why you have defenders.

So, it looks very much like Venky's are prepared to sell both our biggest assets, for a price. I wonder if both the willingness to sell and the setting of the price had to be unanimously agreed by the four 4 morons?

So, now things may get interesting. If Rhodes goes for the quoted amount, is it some attempt to get the club out of the lumbago? I would say "no", it seems that venky's are quite content not to throw any more money at things, and the embargo is a very convenient excuse. We don't really seem to have tried to hard to use the sort of technical accounting flourishes that other clubs have used to slip free of it. And quite honestly, my strong impression is that we wouldn't have a team left if we sold players to escape the embargo, and then we'd get embargoed again as soon as we bought a new player.

Are they trying to liquidate anything of value before getting their hand out of the giblet jar? I would suspect yes, after all, what would be the point of selling Cairney so swiftly, he might not have been our best-ever player, but since any replacement would necessarily be a number of notches below, I can't see any sense in it, unless they're having a fire sale.

What will be really interesting is if Rhodes goes near the end of the window for less than the quoted amount, then we really will know that Venky's want out pdq.

I said before if Rhodes goes, Venky's have had enough and want out, a quoted price means that he's up for sale, so we're not far away from the terminal stages of their ownership.

If by selling both it makes Venky's exit closer I for one say bring it on

One day he will have to go imy. A footballers career is pretty short and one man does not make a team remember. I've seen dozens of better players than JR leave too. Just as an aside seeing Matt Jansen in last nights LT made me so sad. I know it's apples and pears but Matty was about a tenth the player Alan Shearer was but was 10x the player Jordan Rhodes is.

Something tells me Rhodes wouldn't be stupid enough to ruin his career in a motorbike accident, though. Proper pro.

Businesses tend to fail as they run out of cash and can't pay someone who won't stand for it - usually HMRC but in our case probably a combination of HMRC and the players.

The thing is all this talk of sticking to valuations for Rhodes & Gestede is all well and good, but unless costs have drastically reduced then the chicken pluckers will again find that we will have run out of cash at some point in the season. Now we know costs have been reduced but is it enough? Best's final year pay-off will presumably be in this year's figures, Rhodes' ridiculous wages as well, but on the other hand we have lost the costs of Robbo, Dunn and a few randoms.

If costs are still well above turnover, they will again find themselves having to fund the business with another (lets say) 15 million cash injection (bailout), shown in the accounts as owner's equity. Was it 25 million they put in last season just to keep that utter cluster @#/? running for another few months?

Where they get this cash from (Bank of India, Mrs D's knicker drawer) is to some extent none of our concern, just as long as they get it. It is all just shareholding owed to the Venkys directly or indirectly by the club, and good luck to them ever seeing that money back.

Now Degsy & the V's know exactly when they this will be, assuming they have worked out how to start up MS Excel, but they ain't telling us. Unfortunately presumably most other clubs are also aware of the situation so unless someone drastically wants one of our front-men now then the best strategy is to wait until late August and the pressure is on.

If the choice on the table is take what is on offer for Rhodes & Gestede or pay in another 15 million just to keep operating for another season then I know which choice I would make. Golden @#/? and Mr Happy would be on the next bus to anywhere. Interesting times and all that.

Read Kamys mail, venkys will not sell below their valuation, 12m and 8m respectively.

Read Kamys mail, venkys will not sell below their valuation, 12m and 8m respectively.

I did. I was in part referencing what he was saying in my post.

What they say now, and what actually happens in this window are not necessarily the same thing. What makes you think their word is their bond?

That is why I shall be watching what happens with interest.

Rumour on twitter we are 'closing in' on the signing of Guinea striker Bengali-Fode Koita. A quick wiki search says he is a 24 year old who plays for Caen.

I hope if this guy signs then we can 'do a Rudy' with him, as his stats are worse than Rudy's pre Rovers. 7 In 57 for Caen!

Anyway, if Petshi has now left at least it'll give Tom new focus! ;)

Businesses tend to fail as they run out of cash and can't pay someone who won't stand for it - usually HMRC but in our case probably a combination of HMRC and the players.

The thing is all this talk of sticking to valuations for Rhodes & Gestede is all well and good, but unless costs have drastically reduced then the chicken pluckers will again find that we will have run out of cash at some point in the season. Now we know costs have been reduced but is it enough? Best's final year pay-off will presumably be in this year's figures, Rhodes' ridiculous wages as well, but on the other hand we have lost the costs of Robbo, Dunn and a few randoms.

If costs are still well above turnover, they will again find themselves having to fund the business with another (lets say) 15 million cash injection (bailout), shown in the accounts as owner's equity. Was it 25 million they put in last season just to keep that utter cluster @#/? running for another few months?

Where they get this cash from (Bank of India, Mrs D's knicker drawer) is to some extent none of our concern, just as long as they get it. It is all just shareholding owed to the Venkys directly or indirectly by the club, and good luck to them ever seeing that money back.

Now Degsy & the V's know exactly when they this will be, assuming they have worked out how to start up MS Excel, but they ain't telling us. Unfortunately presumably most other clubs are also aware of the situation so unless someone drastically wants one of our front-men now then the best strategy is to wait until late August and the pressure is on.

If the choice on the table is take what is on offer for Rhodes & Gestede or pay in another 15 million just to keep operating for another season then I know which choice I would make. Golden @#/? and Mr Happy would be on the next bus to anywhere. Interesting times and all that.

Maybe, but imagine the shame that would bring to the Venky organisation, i don't think that's in their nature could be disastrous for their other investments and shareholders - if they have any,

What they say now, and what actually happens in this window are not necessarily the same thing. What makes you think their word is their bond?

Fair point, but wont we all, roll on Wolves eh.

Mate, when have they EVER sold cheap??

What makes YOU think they will sell cheap??

Jeez this is painful at times...haha

Although they've more than made up for that in paying players off. There's been plenty of that, and it's worse than selling cheap.

However, I've seen a reasonable amount of sensibility returning. We simply can't afford to be paying players £30k+ in this league, particularly in our predicament. What's happened has happened. There's no point in wallowing in it, but there may be some merit in dealing with it the right way (balancing our books) and moving forward. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable that we're trying to live within our means.

What makes YOU think they will sell cheap??

Jeez this is painful at times...haha

If the choice is £10 million IN & Rhodes/Gestede OUT, or £0 IN and £10 million extra from Balaji's back sack OUT, which choice do you think the V's will make?

Did I say they *will* sell cheap?

I said I'd watch what happens with interest. They can say they won't sell cheap (but they've broken their word before), they might not have sold cheap before (but they've accumulated 5 years of losses now, the club is an absolute basket case, so maybe that will change their behaviour).

I can't see the point of putting him up for sale and then refusing to budge on a price that probably no-one will meet. Where will that get them? If they didn't need the money, they wouldn't put him up for sale. So if they don't budge, they run a large risk of getting zero.

I know it may well be frustrating that people don't take what you say on faith, but we're all allowed opinions.

If you're right and they don't budge on the price, I'll buy you a sweetie, how about that?

£3m for Nzonzi was pretty cheap.

We all know who is responsible for Nzonzis ostracising and therefore exit. Still cheap but I doubt the four Indian horseman/woman of the apocalypse had the say in that one.

Did I say they *will* sell cheap?

I said I'd watch what happens with interest. They can say they won't sell cheap (but they've broken their word before), they might not have sold cheap before (but they've accumulated 5 years of losses now, the club is an absolute basket case, so maybe that will change their behaviour).

I can't see the point of putting him up for sale and then refusing to budge on a price that probably no-one will meet. Where will that get them? If they didn't need the money, they wouldn't put him up for sale. So if they don't budge, they run a large risk of getting zero.

I know it may well be frustrating that people don't take what you say on faith, but we're all allowed opinions.

If you're right and they don't budge on the price, I'll buy you a sweetie, how about that?

Rather have a pint :rover: but seriously they are allegedly minted so 10m is not an issue, again i will mention the pride or is it the fear of faliure that the venkys have, not to be seen to be defeated which is great for us and not a bad trait to have, but it has to stop sometime i agree, pity they didn't give us a seasoned manager we may well have been promoted, we will never know.

Archived