BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ffp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the obsession with getting out of the embargo if it means:

we are likely to sell our top asset Rhodes (only player left worth 6m+)

use that money to offset the losses (i.e. No cash for replacements)

Followed by our ongoing losses being huge so we fall back under embargo, but less Rhodes.

Anyhow heard on the grapevine today Bolton have a self imposed wage cap of £4k per week.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13616770.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary_Bowyer_tight_lipped_after_reports_suggest_QPR_will_avoid_massive_FFP_fine/?action=success

Was also reading a Dingle story in the LT today ('Dyche after big signing') and it says that the Polish striker they have was going to used a makeweight in the deal to sign Lansbury from Forest...which means that teams under embargo can do swaps.

Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%. There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.

So I think we'll be around 70% over that 60% limit.

Article in the Mail on line by Martin Samuel, stating the obvious but nice to see the tabloids understand and sympathise with what is going on at Ewood lately :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3210797/Badly-run-clubs-like-QPR-Blackburn-ruin-don-t-need-punished-more.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I'm at the Manchester football writing festival, the guardian's david conn has discussed FFP.

Leicester got round FFP by saying a company paid them millions to market them worldwide..

This company is run by Dave Richards son, chairman of FA PREMIER LGE, and is a miniscule printing company on a Sheffield industrial estate.

Article in the Mail on line by Martin Samuel, stating the obvious but nice to see the tabloids understand and sympathise with what is going on at Ewood lately :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3210797/Badly-run-clubs-like-QPR-Blackburn-ruin-don-t-need-punished-more.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Martin always does a good researched piece. It's true every bit he says. Same goes for Forest, Bolton etc.

Beginning to think the F.A are hiding something over our embargo.

I'm at the Manchester football writing festival, the guardian's david conn has discussed FFP.

Leicester got round FFP by saying a company paid them millions to market them worldwide..

This company is run by Dave Richards son, chairman of FA PREMIER LGE, and is a miniscule printing company on a Sheffield industrial estate.

If true then Conn should be publishing and asking for the resignation of the FA Chairman.

Our owners have absolutely no interest in getting out of FFP because they'd be expected to spend money on transfers if they did.

Pity its taken them 4yrs to catch on....

Think he has/ will be.

He's spoken to the fball league today, who say there are more legal issues over QPR.

The lge want to punish them severely and think an 8m fine would send the wrong messages.

The league should have banned them this summer whilst the negotiations were underway.

They gained £100m from getting promoted (inc parachute payments), theres no way on earth they will pay that back.

The truth is the rules need to change, and transfers are only sanctioned if clubs can prove they will still be within the FFP. If not then no transfer. That way clubs couldn't re-enact the QPR reckless spending on the hope they get promoted.

I don't buy the idea that Venkys don't want us out of FFP and are using it as an excuse to reduce funding.

This is for 3 reasons.

1) If they didn't want to get out of the embargo then why go to considerable expense to terminate lengthy contracts by paying up lump sums? It would be easier to just leave us saddled with the wages for 2-3 more years and hide behind a huge wage bill. By paying the likes of Leon Best to leave and get their salaries out of the accounts suggests that they want them off the books and ensures steps are being taken towards getting the wage bill under control.

2) What about Nottingham Forest? If it was just us that were accepting the punishment and doing nothing about it then I could believe that perhaps it was a convenient excuse for the owners, but the fact that Forest have done the same as us i.e. nothing to challenge the embargo seems to suggest that there is a good reason for getting our heads down and trying to sort finances out. After all, Forest have a wealthy foreign owner who wants promotion and is happy to spend, yet he hasn't appealed. Why not? Perhaps it isn't worth appealing having taken advice on it?

3) Even Venkys must realise by now that the only way they are going to recoup any serious money from this venture is to get to the Premier League, and that their best chance of doing this is to get out of the embargo and strengthen. Hiding in an embargo might save on transfer fees but when losing £25 million a year to remain in the Championship surely the best course would be to try to add to improve our promotion chances.

Archived