BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League/europa League

philipl

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 scousers and a plastic one in the office today ... It's a good day , they didn't appreciate a can ok coke at there desks ... Crying like bitches handball handball bla bla bla ..

They didn't mind it when Stehane Henchoz was virtually their second keeper for them. Karma

I was pleased for Gameiro. I watched him as a young player at Lorient. Nice guy.

wasnt he linked with Rovers once? or was that the other French Guy, also a striker but cant get to his name

A great what if. United had scored in the siege of Upton Park and so Jack was able to tell his relatives that he was keeping going until Rovers won the title.

Kenny would have stayed and Zidane and Dugarry would have arrived.

The Riverside would probably have been rebuilt as well...

The down cycle would've still come when a club requires artificial income to support the push.

Eventually the likes of Chelsea and City will see the same decline to more natural climbs. Especially when teams worth 1/20th of the others are winning titles.

I suppose the difference that goal could've made, might've put our investments further to the difference that gave us a platform like Arsenal to support constant champions league qualification and the merits it brings.

The other side of the coin says we could've ended up like Leeds! In a scenario with no JW (post 2001) with a wage structure the would've imploded under a later relegation.

All hypothetical, but considering such is a nice distraction from current times.

Do you think in a couple of seasons when Leicester have been relegated, their fans will be wishing they didn't win the title this year in the hopes they could've signed Ronaldo and Messi and built a dynasty? Don't wish away our proudest achievement for what might have been. Just celebrate that we did it. The likes of Liverpool, West Ham and Spurs still haven't and may never. Despite the state of our club now, they can never take that day in 95 from us. No matter how hard Sky try.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear UEFA,

this is Europe, not the US of A. we like to turn up to the match and make our own atmosphere, not to have to listen to some bland pop music.

I imagined that with you being in charge of the game over here you may have known that already, but given how far out of touch fooballing authorities

are in general I'm probably being a touch over optomistic.

I realise you may feel a need to try and entertain the watching millions on TV but yet again the needs of the people who have made the effort and bought tickets

and travelled seem to have received the least consideration, Think on, you @#/?wits.

As I was going to say earlier before I was cruelly cut off; No offence to the Alicia Keys fans on here BUT WHAT THE FLYING @#/? IS THIS @#/??

As for the game. What a donkey penalty taker. Why didn't Torres have it?

English ref has had a good game so far.

Didn't think that was a pen tonight, Torres just stepped across the defender and fell over, you could almost say that was a foul the other way, not expecting many to agree with me on this, mind.

Having said that, Clatternburg been ok, certainly a better performance than he gave in the FA cup final.

i really hope ronaldo is the one to feck the pens up

Oh dear.

God doesn't exist.

I think I'm right in saying nobody ever scored a penalty that was off target.

What an amateur donkey spunker that Juanfran was. Still, good watching practice for when Engerland fail in a few weeks.

Congrats to Ronaldo for winning the Cup single handedly for Madrid; how does he do it?!

In all seriousness that's the difference between Ronaldo and Messi for me; the latter is all about the team where as Ronaldo is just in it for himself. Watch his documentary for proof on that. Actually, don't put yourself through it.

Congrats to Ronaldo for winning the Cup single handedly for Madrid; how does he do it?!

In all seriousness that's the difference between Ronaldo and Messi for me; the latter is all about the team where as Ronaldo is just in it for himself. Watch his documentary for proof on that. Actually, don't put yourself through it.

The documentary is bizzare.

Thought Athl kept him at bay mostly. Probably due to familiarity.

I can't get excited by Spanish football, no matter how hard I try.

Archived