BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

The people of Brockhall are saying the players where on the training pitch from 10am til 1:30 today in the rain, cars didn't start leaving til 3. To allow you to draw your own conclusions, 7 days ago they where arriving for 11 and leaving at 1.

If that's true no wonder we were pushovers. That's bloody disgraceful. Just bears out my earlier comments that most players will do what they're made to do and not a jot more. They're there own worst enemies !

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I think most people on here now claiming to know better than the rest (Not you Pedro) need to remember most of you said the same thing (We can't do any worse) before the last mind boggling managerial appointments made by the owners.

So claiming some sort of victory now is way off the mark as far as I'm concerned and the smugness is uncalled for.

I think Hanley will keep the captaincy, he's improved this season and I see no reason to change it.

Claiming a victory is simply proving the point that we COULD attract a better manager, as we have done.

Though I do agree the smugness on points of view relating to that and GB is getting tiresome and we all need to draw a line in the sand and move on imo.

The people of Brockhall are saying the players where on the training pitch from 10am til 1:30 today in the rain, cars didn't start leaving til 3. To allow you to draw your own conclusions, 7 days ago they where arriving for 11 and leaving at 1.

That's good to hear as in the recent past they've been known to train inside when the drizzle falls and even when the sun made an odd full appearance.

I'd stick with Hanley as captain, had Gray completely in his pocket against Burnley (no mean feat) and has played well this season. He's always had the aggression and protective attitude (often seems the only player interested in dishing it out to sides that have bullied us in the past), but has missed a certain temperament and inspirational factor that someone like Nelsen had. However I think it's far easier to be a good captain when you have a good manager so hopefully Lambert will bring out the best in him.

• Backroom

I don't think we have many leaders in the team, so we might as well keep Hanley on as captain for now. I'd prefer him to be replaced, mainly due to his unreliable temperament, but only when we bring in somebody who is a natural leader. Until then I don't think changing the captaincy would have any positive effect.

I don't think we have many leaders in the team, so we might as well keep Hanley on as captain for now. I'd prefer him to be replaced, mainly due to his unreliable temperament, but only when we bring in somebody who is a natural leader. Until then I don't think changing the captaincy would have any positive effect.

Absolutely my thoughts. If Lambert can bring in an inspirational figure in Jan then I'd look at it, but until then it will just upset the apple cart.

Actually occured to me the Conway should be captain a few weeks ago... Got all the right attributes for it, works harder than everybody else on the pitch... That's what you want from a captain, someone who sets the standard for everyone to follow.

Lambert's a Scotsman. He'll keep Hanley as captain I'm sure.

Getting on a bit ain't he?

34 i think, on loan at Wolves until January. Can imagine he'd be cheap and at least an option up front for the second half of the season, even if its for the first hour, or the last 20 minutes. Not anything more than a short term option.

34 i think, on loan at Wolves until January. Can imagine he'd be cheap and at least an option up front for the second half of the season, even if its for the first hour, or the last 20 minutes. Not anything more than a short term option.

Suppose mark Hughes did a job for us at 38(?)..

Would take N'zogbia at this level.

Not a chance for me. Very talented guy who's happy to throw it all away. Shades of David Bentley. Because he's on 60k a week now he thinks he'll be on it for ever - no brains. If we want to change the culture at Brockhall do we really want to be signing more wasters.

I don't fancy Grant Holt either, a year or two back maybe but not now. Time and tide wait for no man.

• Backroom

Not playing hardly, might just want him out the door.

N'Zogbia won't be going anywhere unless he's paid off, imo - and if he is, I'd expect clubs to be offering him far more than we could! I'm not sure Charles' ego could handle dropping down to the Championship, even on loan.

Not worth the effort, nobody reads more than one page anyway, but bunkum.He didn't actually say that 47er now did he....

That was certainly the inference----the clubs better run than fans think etc.

Admittedly thats a very low bar to set!

Too much Venky love and revisionism for me!

This is a good start but goes nowhere near the forgiveness threshold.

Archived