BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sums up my thoughts well. Massive way to get the fans onside after years of excuses - (especially since the embargo effort didn't prevent effort or tactical changes).

Feeling so much more optimistic about the rest of the season, and indeed beyond. All we need is for Venkys not to mess up the relationship with the manager.

I remember Shaw and Bowyer banging on about FFP as holding the club back long before it came in! It was all part of the dumbing down of expectations that characterised their reign. Rather than fight it, or go for promotion in a big way before it came in, we were told the Club had to be mindful of it and get ready for it. That's not the approach everyone else followed.

On all counts we failed. It seems to me that they used FFP to justify mediocrity----THEIR MEDIOCRITY!

Spoke to a Burnley fan today who said he honestly wished Lambert never came near Rovers.

Press Conference was very good. After a long time we've something to smile about even before ref blows his whistle. He asked for fans to get behind team .......we're gona make some noise at Deepdale!

Sounds like they are trying to convince themselves of that. I have no doubt they would have loved for us to keep Bowyer, but tough luck dingles. Enjoy your time in the sun, fail to get up this season and it ain't gonna last.

They are sore that he agreed to join them then knocked them back.

I think the dream for me would be an emphatic victory in a Rovers v Burnley playoff final.

Not sure my heart could take it though!

• Backroom

I think the dream for me would be an emphatic victory in a Rovers v Burnley playoff final.

I'd take a win on the last day of the season to take us into 6th and dump them into 7th!

According to the mutants down the road Lambert is a busted flush, he's more dour than Bowyer, Bowyer was more likely to get us promoted, his achievements only amount to the same as Coyle's, we are £20m overspent so will be embargoed again, he's going to sell Rhodes and he will ditch us for a bigger job and he will get us relegated in 2017. Oh and they are guaranteed to beat us with Lambert.

Amazing how fans of a team looking good for promotion can suddenly be so defensive about lowly Rovers.

Dyche is their manager forever apparently. Would be fantastic if he got offered a PL job and they ended up with a Laws-a-like cheap substitute.

If he is to fail why would he get a better job, idiots. Here's hoping Lambert restores the rightful order.

Yet you staunchly defended a manager who did nothing but hide behind FFP.

The mind boggles.

If he is to fail why would he get a better job, idiots. Here's hoping Lambert restores the rightful order.

Maybe Lamby was taking tips from Dychy over Holty:

Now that would be special, but let's not get ahead if ourselves.

that would possibly be one of the greatest moments in rovers history.

grow up and move on FFS

This is a new era for the club so stop the personal attacks on members and move on.

Me grow up?!! Its hardly an "attack", just a harmless little prod and it was absolutely accurate.

Many times you brought up FFP as a reason why we couldn't do something or other. All the crap you posted was always going to catch up with you sometime.

It is a new era for the club and maybe as part of that we can all be a little bit more realistic rather than seeing what we wish to see or accepting uncritically what the Club's officers say.

Really love what Lambert is saying about FFP and not hiding behind the embargo as an excuse 'to draw a game or lose a game' and the fact that he is talking about 'getting rid of the negativity' in the sense of 'stop blaming the embargo'. Particularly the Andy Bayes interview. It just reminded me of Souness' 'wee with the silly we've got' comment.

I'd love to have seen training this afternoon.

Honestly it feels like Christmas come early.

I haven't looked forward to a match day in ages. I'm frantically checking down the back of the sofa to see if I can find enough to make the journey up for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

I'd love to have seen training this afternoon.

Honestly it feels like Christmas come early.

I haven't looked forward to a match day in ages. I'm frantically checking down the back of the sofa to see if I can find enough to make the journey up for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

It's a beggar on the fingers so get the scissors out and neatly cut at the bottom edges - always works ^_^

We'll we certainly need to get rid of the negativity. Let's hope he can do that. As with any new manager he'll need time. We may have a new manager but we haven't got a new players yet. I've said before in my opinion the team we have at the moment is not a top six team. I agree that we've been under performing both individually and collectively so there's plenty of room for improvement, let's hope Lambert and co can find the extra 20 % that I think is in most of the players.

Great interview, articulate, positive, informative, everything bowyer isn't, and he's also honest, finally a manager we can all believe in. Really hope he's successful, going to say something I haven't said for a long time...come on rovers!!!

Archived