BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

He was referencing me starting the 'off topic' subject about Shaw.

Actually woke up this morning, remembered we had Lambert and smiled to myself. Sad I know...

I hadn't realised someone else had become aware of Desperate Deggsie's desperate Moyes besides me when I posted.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was brilliant. Said promotion was the target, which immediately raises expectations - seems he's happy to have that bit of pressure on his shoulders. To compare, GB only seemed to mention promotion being the target at the END of seasons after a rosy run had given us a bit of hope - perhaps more directed at Pune before the summer. Lambert talking about promotion being the long term goal when we're languishing where we are shows the confidence he has in his own ability.

The 'money is not an excuse' line also went down well - glad we won't hear about the embargo every week or so.

Glad Rhodes will be the epicentre of our team, I'm still haunted by the dark days of Brown keeping Rhodes out!

All in all, I am delighted and can't wait for the reception he will get at Deepdale. Dare we hope for 3 points to get him up and running?

Very good press conference. Refreshing to hear, I liked the bit about trying to win games and there have been too many draws. Also he smirked a bit when he said there will be some changes in training but they will get used to it.

We need to give him time, looking forward to Preston now and home to Sheff Wed, not looking forward to going to the England France match to be honest.

Off-topic a bit but not one word from parson since bowyer sacking/Lambert appointment?? Is parson really Gary bowyer??

Out of order that. Parson made it clear that he was quitting the board about a month ago because of the constant abuse from people like yourself, so highlighting the lack of comment from someone who isn't there to answer is below the belt. His match reports were great whatever you thought of his other opinions. What have you contributed to this MB which is comparable?

Out of order that. Parson made it clear that he was quitting the board about a month ago because of the constant abuse from people like yourself, so highlighting the lack of comment from someone who isn't there to answer is below the belt. His match reports were great whatever you thought of his other opinions. What have you contributed to this MB which is comparable?

I think the answer to your rhetorical question is: the sum total of diddly-squat..

Give me posts by Parson any day of the week.

Sick to death of still seeing posts bickering both pro and ante about Bowyer, Shaw, Parson etc. We've just made what is hopefully a seminal appointment in the history of the Club and all some people can do is nitpick. I hope Paul Lambert wouldn't mind me saying it's hardly Kenny Dalglish, but after 5 years of decline it is the very best appointment we could make in the circumstances and one which seemed beyond our wildest dreams just one short week ago when Kamy was telling us we were stuck with GB for the foreseeable future as he retained Mrs. D's support.

What a difference a week makes.

Just on Parson, first and foremost we need another 20,000 fans like him. Everything else just pales into insignificance although imho he deserved the criticism he got for his staunchly pro Bowyer stance because he never seemed to view anything that happened as GB's fault and seemed to view lurching from one disastrous performance to another as simply inevitable. All water under the bridge now though and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Hopefully Parson will be back on here soon to share his with us.

I'm sorry Parson has decided to leave the board. I didn't know that he had because I did the same thing towards the end of last season. Everything about the club was seriously doing my head in. I just needed a break from all the negativity that pervaded every aspect of the club.

I said to myself at the time I'll be back when Bowyer goes, so here I am. Obviously I differed radically in my views on the management of the team to Parson. Having said that he was one of the posters I respected totally for his honesty and integrity. If you cut the man in half he would be Blue & White. His match reports were always accurate and comprehensive. They are sadly missed at this time. Whatever views he held would be honestly held I'm sure of that. We live in a democracy, we should be able to tolerate different view points to our own without resorting to ridiculing long time supporters.

From my point I'd love to see him back on this board, especially at a time when things appear to be on the up.

Listening to micky gray on Colin Murray and he was saying how Lambert looks to have lost weight and looks fitter than he has in a long time. They commented that he could barely stop himself from smiling and looked like he really wanted the job. Also said that he would need to learn to become more media savvy and it looked like he might be doing so because he is actually a fun guy when he's out with his mates, but doesn't normally smile in interviews.

Welcome Paul. The start of some very successful times here at Rovers now. Key things from the press conference:

He's clearly been told he doesn't have to sell Rhodes.

We look to have found a way out of the embargo without having to sell any players

Refreshing to hear a lack of money to spend won't be used as an excuse!

He wants to play attacking football (a la Norwich) rather than the dour stuff he played at Villa.

He says he's free to run the club as he wants to enable him to win football matches. Jobs may therefore be under threat?

Lambert's appointment blows the claims of some that no respectable manager would work under Venky's. I always firmly believed they would but I never thought they would appoint a high profile manager. Whoever Venkys new advisor is needs to take a bow as they finally have someone advising them who understands football.

Credit to Venkys on this one. Doesnt make up for the past 5 years but they deserve credit for this appointment.

LOVE LOVE LOVE how he's mentioned that he won't be using the lack of money as an excuse for not achieving!

That is "music to mine ears" as Alan Partridge might have said. Also glad to hear him comment on the fact that lack of spending power should not automatically translate into poor results. Did it sound like he meant up to now with having been under embargo or that there will be a lack of funding available to him in future?

I'm not ruling out a bit of a tilt at the play offs as I think the rest of the division is ordinary in the extreme and I think a decent manager ought to be able to get another 20% or so out of this squad. However I would primarily be happy this season with quickly seeing a side who are at it for 90 minutes from first minute to last and do not think that simply playing for 30 mins or 45 during a game is acceptable, a side who look like they will bust a gut to get back level if we are losing, to win if we are drawing, who will put bodies on the line to protect a lead if we are ahead. As opposed to a side who look like they don't give two figs about the actual result.

Lambert's initial comments remind me very much of Mark Hughes' attempts to raise expectations and standards after Souness did his best to pour cold water on them over a prolonged period during his stint here.

Sums up my thoughts well. Massive way to get the fans onside after years of excuses - (especially since the embargo effort didn't prevent effort or tactical changes).

Feeling so much more optimistic about the rest of the season, and indeed beyond. All we need is for Venkys not to mess up the relationship with the manager.

• Moderation Lead

He's saying all the right things and the comment of not using the embargo as an excuse was music to my ears.

He looks refreshed, certainly compared to when he was at Villa towards the end in any event! Saw a fellow blue in the corridor at work and we were both smiling and sharing our delight at the appointment. The happiest I've felt relating to Rovers for a long time!

If Parson had been 'abused' as you so put it, said members would've been banned in accordance with the community guidelines. Rather, he could no longer defend the indefensible or handle people challenging his misguided views on Bowyer. It's a message board, everyone's opinions are fair game and his shouldn't be protected by super-fan status.

While we're at it, you're the LAST person who should be commenting on 'abuse'. 90% of your posts on here are nothing but bitchy insults aimed at fellow supporters.

• Backroom

He's saying all the right things and the comment of not using the embargo as an excuse was music to my ears.

Funnily enough, Bowyer said the same thing at the start of the season, then proceeded to use it as an excuse in basically every interview afterwards. I have more faith in Lambert sticking to his word and not mentioning it above results or performances.

I wouldn't go that far!

The new manager is a step in the right direction though I'll give you that.

It does to me Gav.

For me, the last 5 years have been horrendous. I found myself going less and less. The original anger at what had gone on was gradually subsiding and in all honesty the probability of me never going again was increasing. I used to sit there feeling numb. Couldn't even raise one iota of enthusiasm owing to what I saw in front of my own eyes. I couldn't figure how we still had fans seemingly oblivious to the damage being done. I'm delighted at this turnaround. It had to happen. Hopefully we'll never appoint another inexperienced coach ever again.

It does to me Gav.

For me, the last 5 years have been horrendous. I found myself going less and less. The original anger at what had gone on was gradually subsiding and in all honesty the probability of me never going again was increasing. I used to sit there feeling numb. Couldn't even raise one iota of enthusiasm owing to what I saw in front of my own eyes. I couldn't figure how we still had fans seemingly oblivious to the damage being done. I'm delighted at this turnaround. It had to happen. Hopefully we'll never appoint another inexperienced coach ever again.

Yeah, like that bloomin' Howard Kendall. He was rubbish.

Only joshing. I know exactly what you mean.

Archived