BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

This board is where I get my Rovers fix. I don't read the LET Rovers section, nor do I see live games any more (hopefully that will change with promotion). Lambert's appointment has definitely uplifted the ambience on here. Hopefully it can do the same to the team. He is a real manager. He played with distinction, managed lower down the leagues, been through promotions, and held is own in the Premier League.

Those who got North End tickets prior to Bowyer's potting should be in for a real treat this weekend. I'll bet that they didn't expect to be surrounded by so many other fans.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“The more people talk about the lack of money, there’s a negative thing on it because people can use that as an excuse,” Lambert added. “The main thing for ourselves is to start winning games. Lack of money won’t necessarily make you lose games. But if you use it as an excuse it’s always going to happen.”

I like that quote.

• Backroom

I still can't quite comprehend the appointment. A Scottish, solid manager with something to prove and an easy-on-the-eye style of play, an experienced and knowledgeable assistant and a ball-breaker of a coach!

It's like Souness all over again. Hell, he's even a holding midfielder that's won the Champions League!

Good interview with Terry Gennoe re the appointment.

The new 'Team' will be out looking for the missing fans @ 3 min 20 secs

https://audioboom.com/boos/3817352-audio-former-onerovers-goalkeeper-terry-gennoe-on-paul-lambert-s-appointment

You can see a Link there to the Shaw interview as well - he didn't have a clue what was going on.

just a bloody awful shame the last five years had to happen before we could appoint a manager.

tragic.

I hope they'll also stop this nonsense now of summoning the manager over to India.

hopefully no more weird team selections, crowd baiting, pointless substitutions or mid season jamborees abroad for no good reason.

no more right good goes ever so wells or get under your stone comments.

The club is wrecked but at least we now have a decent manager

Free link to conference:

youtu.be/nBvlbfguBwQ

Thanks for that.

He looks genuinely excited to be back in football. Sounds like the players are going to have to get used to a different regime and excuses for failure won't be tolerated. Confident in his own abilities. It's important that he, Irvine and Kelly gel but it actually feels exciting to be a Rovers fan.

This could be just the shot in the arm that we need.

Whatever happens in these first few games, we need to trust his experience and back him to get it right.

Whatever happens in these first few games, we need to trust his experience and back him to get it right.

Needs to be longer than a few games Stuart. If he starts badly, time needs to be given for him to get his stamp on the team.

We are potentially looking at least a year before we can start quantifying impact.

Obviously, if we go up or down, it's easier to see the impact straight away but we need to make sure as fans that we don't expect too much too soon.

Needs to be longer than a few games Stuart. If he starts badly, time needs to be given for him to get his stamp on the team.

We are potentially looking at least a year before we can start quantifying impact.

Obviously, if we go up or down, it's easier to see the impact straight away but we need to make sure as fans that we don't expect too much too soon.

Lets give him as long as GB got

The more people talk about the lack of money, theres a negative thing on it because people can use that as an excuse, Lambert added. The main thing for ourselves is to start winning games. Lack of money wont necessarily make you lose games. But if you use it as an excuse its always going to happen.

I like that quote.

Wonder what Bowyer thinks reading that.

Glad to have Lambert in.

Just watching his interview from earlier. Impressive how he has put his time out to use by going to observe training sessions abroad. He says he has been to Real Madrid, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Ingolstadt over the last 9 months. Clearly he wants to improve and learn rather than spend all his free time on the golf course or sat in Sky Sports studios.

Exactly, ideally 2 or 3 years. Ironic that you're actually on the wind up.

The most any manager gets is a year to eighteen months. He has to show improvement in that time and if not he gets the boot. That's just football. Same at any club anywhere. Very few managers are allowed the situation to deteriorate or stagnate for longer than that.

• Backroom

It's wonderful to hear somebody tell us they'll try to win games, rather than just give a right good go. On one hand Lambert is praising Bowyer for bringing stability, but there also seem to be a few digs aimed in Bowyer's direction, particularly the repeating that an embargo is not an excuse to lose games, and the club has to stop being negative and aim to win matches and play good football to get the fans back onside.

Of course, Lambert may not realise how negative and defeatist Bowyer was in interviews, but either way it's great to have a manager here who speaks with ambition and passion.

He looks genuinely excited to be here. Think he's pretty much nailed what a lot of fans have been complaining about - too much negative thinking from staff and players, too many draws, having it relatively easy in training, etc. Got to give him until probably this time next year before we can fairly judge him, not much business gets done by anyone in January, but hopefully we can plug a few gaps and give the top 10 - 6 a damn good go for the rest of this season. Can see someone getting a real pasting in the next few weeks - hopefully the Nobbers on Saturday! I know I'm wishing my life away, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what we look like next season once the new guys have really got hold of us.

Very impressive interview, but you wouldn't expect anything less from a man like Lambert. Compare that to Ince's first ever presser. Blimey.

As Stuart said, it's imperative now that we get behind the man and give him time. It's not going to happen overnight, but I'm in little doubt that we'll start noticing subtle improvements from the off.

Exactly, ideally 2 or 3 years. Ironic that you're actually on the wind up.

I heard you the 1st time and I am not on the wind up.

I reckon we won't be saying he needs more time though, his positive attitude speaks volumes.

Maybe you should review why you thought GB deserved the time he had.

Will watch the press conferences and interviews shortly but it's to good have a manager with something to prove.

He was a young and up-and-coming manager who had a hard time of it in his last job so it clearly going to be out to set his career on the right path again.

Much better someone like that, than the likes of Redknapp who would be more concerned with the money or just staying in the limelight.

Impressive press conference. Note of caution, as much as Lambert says you can't use embargo as an excuse we have to get out of it ASAP. The quality of the side needs improving, we can't do that if we can't pay over £10k a week and no transfer fee.

The V's have a plan for that, apparently

Gary Rowett's managed it at Birmingham. It's very early days, but going off that first glimpse of our new manager I trust that he could get that extra out of the players already here with sheer enthusiasm and nous. I got the impression he already knows what needs to be done, how to do it and what the results are likely to be or he wouldn't have signed up for the job.

Archived