BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

You always have to spoil everyone's fun, you pop up every month or so and ruin everyone's day with well throughout rational posts like this.

Can we ban him? Please? Anyone?

Tris is saying that the club structure didn't prevent a good managerial appointment. Yet you have spent for ever and a day saying we shouldn't change Bowyer because we could never attract a good manager. Was Tris's post not aimed at you Gav? 😀

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You always have to spoil everyone's fun, you pop up every month or so and ruin everyone's day with well throughout rational posts like this.

Can we ban him? Please? Anyone?

Bloody hell Gav! Don't bang your head too hard on the floor as you kow-tow will you?

Don't you recognise bunkum anymore? The Clubs well run and Shaw is really very capable?

My arse!

I've said it before but I actually think our unusual structure has been a big pull for Lambert.

Rather than putting decent managers off coming here, I believe that absentee owners and the weak board of directors has actually worked in our favour.

Lambert needs to be a success here for the sake of his own career. He's highly unlikely to have taken this job on without being very comfortable with the situation and structure in place. Obviously he could have thrown himself at Fulham/QPR or waited longer for a different Championship club,

It seems that Lambert has a clean slate, and that must be a big attraction to him. He isn't inheriting someone else's coaching staff and has seemingly been given free reign by the owners to bring in his own team. There's also little doubt that he will be responsible for identifying transfer targets and that the owners will allow him to trade on his terms as Bowyer was able to do.

Lambert is someone very confident in his own abilities and his own way of working. The best way of putting his plans in place is to be able to do it somewhere with little or no interference from above. In some ways similar to his mentor O'Neill who always wanted the freedom to do it his way and always took his own trusted staff with him.

Compare to most clubs nowadays who have intrusive owners with their own ideas on style of play, signings etc. or who employ directors of football who have a say in decisions along with the manager.

It must be a big pull to a manager to be told by the owners to get on with the job on your own terms.

I can see the logic in saying a dysfunctional set up can be seen as a free licence to run the club (or at least the football side) as they wish. But we'll see how favourable it looks when the transfer window comes along and a player becomes available at a moments notice. The call goes in to Shaw who phones India only to be told the family will have to vote for it over dinner. Except it's a religious holiday or Barry is playing popstars at Akons house and his phone has been turned off for days.

Let's not dress this up. We have been fortunate to bag a manager of Lamberts quality. OK, there may be a new outlook from the owners. But all is not perfect and I consider this to be the first step on the path to redemption. All be it a rather large and unexpected step.

I've said it before, I don't believe the owners are rotten apples. Just stubborn as a mule and clueless about running a football club. If they bin Shaw and appoint a better candidate (I'll admit I have no suggestions on who), allow him to make the decisions at a local level and continue to finance the operation, then I'll sit up and really take notice. That would be a huge leap in the right direction.

Feels good to be able to laugh at this! Says how much of a difference this change has made already.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/blackburn-appoints-lambert-out-of-spite-20151117103901

Blackburn fan Joseph Turner said: Watching a Lambert team is a real education, in the sense that you feel like youre in a geography lesson thats never going to end.

Feels good to be able to laugh at this! Says how much of a difference this change has made already.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/blackburn-appoints-lambert-out-of-spite-20151117103901

Blackburn fan Joseph Turner said: Watching a Lambert team is a real education, in the sense that you feel like youre in a geography lesson thats never going to end.

Fantastic!

Can someone check that those are real quotes from Shaw?

Although not my first choice, Lambert and his team still represents a major step forward than Gary Bowyer and crew. Nice to see so many Rovers fans enjoying their week at long last. Lets hope our new manager bounce starts immediately.

My initial feelings on Lambert are probably influenced by his last few months at Villa, a time were he looked mentally shot and physically in very poor condition. I found his interviews at that time somewhat dull, uninspiring and tame and wondered at his ability to motivate and influence established players, whilst also controlling and developing the younger players on Villa's books. It is pleasing to see him looking a lot more refreshed and also slimmer and in better health at this time.

Pleasingly, his appointment has negated some of the lasting BRFCC myths of this last year or two.

No decent manager in their right mind would come and work for the Raos.

No decent manager would tolerate our dysfunctional executive management structure.

The Raos are simply not interested in the club and do not even follow the results.

No established targets have been set and the the club has zero ambition.

The owners are unwilling to spend anything other than established budgets.

No decent manager would come here whilst working under an embargo.

The owners are only interested in selling for profit, whilst we slide down the table,

As a starting point, it is really pleasing that the owners have demonstrated some common sense at long last, a willingness to spend in removing the old staff and recruting this manager, an acknowledgment that we are keen to win matches and move up the table and that they still care for the club, its results and overall performance.

It has geneuinely been a very good week for Rovers fans and after the trauma of the last five years richly deserved. Fingers crossed we batter PNE and our travelling fans get the performance their support deserves.

Tris is saying that the club structure didn't prevent a good managerial appointment. Yet you have spent for ever and a day saying we shouldn't change Bowyer because we could never attract a good manager. Was Tris's post not aimed at you Gav? 😀

Not worth the effort, nobody reads more than one page anyway, but bunkum.

Bloody hell Gav! Don't bang your head too hard on the floor as you kow-tow will you?

Don't you recognise bunkum anymore? The Clubs well run and Shaw is really very capable?

My arse!

He didn't actually say that 47er now did he....

I agree with those willing to give credit to the current management/ownership of the club. I know we've all suffered badly for a long (long) time due to the staggering incompetence at that level, but there have been small signs of improvement for a while now. Venkys staying well out of the picture, Shaw and co staying clear of courtrooms and lawsuits, some consistency in terms of sticking by a manager. Almost like a proper football club. And now they've done something which is exactly like a proper football club, hired a manager who has previously promoted a club from this division. Exactly what should have been done when the lip licking lizard was disposed of 3 years ago. And not only that, the reason they got him when richer clubs with better squads in more desirable locations were after him, is that they promised full autonomy for the manager. That's brilliant in my opinion, its almost as if Shaw and co have gone round to see John Williams, thrown themselves at his feet and asked him what to do.

So credit where its due. Thanks to the board and owners for finally getting something important right, long may it continue and lets build from here.

But do we know that the 'board' ,such as it is, were actually behind the decision to sack Bowyer and approach Lambert?

Is it not possible that Venky's man on the ground reported all of this back to them and they then instructed the personnel over here to tie up the loose ends so Shaw sorted it on his day on?

I wonder if they've noted feedback from rovers forums in making the decision?

I feel that everything that I've ranted on about and said we (as supporters) should demand has been answered by this appointment and addressed in the subject matter in PL's press conferences.

I might even take up Gordon's role and say, "I told you so." For the next five years. Couldn't attract a better manager my arse! We are Blackburn Rovers...and for the first time in a long while, I am looking forward to getting fully behind the team and manager.

No more pratting about with low energy home performances and any non-believers, shirkers or cowards need dropping, then selling. It's time to get this show on the road and see what 'Giving it a right good go' actually looks like.

I feel that everything that I've ranted on about and said we (as supporters) should demand has been answered by this appointment and addressed in the subject matter in PL's press conferences.

I might even take up Gordon's role and say, "I told you so." For the next five years. Couldn't attract a better manager my arse! We are Blackburn Rovers...and for the first time in a long while, I am looking forward to getting fully behind the team and manager.

No more pratting about with low energy home performances and any non-believers, shirkers or cowards need dropping, then selling. It's time to get this show on the road and see what 'Giving it a right good go' actually looks like.

Haha this made me laugh.

Would like to see him back here but can't see it happening now. The sacking of Bowyer, appointment of Lambert and just imagine if we end up flying up the table... Gosh, I think the humble pie would be too much for him.

He might continue with Hanley as captain for the time being. His performances arent too bad but he is no leader. I think it will be one of the two center backs. The only other options are the goalie or JR. The performances of all other players have been too inconsistent to be named captains. If he is looking for leadership qualities, he will have to sign someone as mentioned above by Pedro

The people of Brockhall are saying the players where on the training pitch from 10am til 1:30 today in the rain, cars didn't start leaving til 3. To allow you to draw your own conclusions, 7 days ago they where arriving for 11 and leaving at 1.

The people of Brockhall are saying the players where on the training pitch from 10am til 1:30 today in the rain, cars didn't start leaving til 3. To allow you to draw your own conclusions, 7 days ago they where arriving for 11 and leaving at 1.

Magnificent !

He might continue with Hanley as captain for the time being. His performances arent too bad but he is no leader. I think it will be one of the two center backs. The only other options are the goalie or JR. The performances of all other players have been too inconsistent to be named captains. If he is looking for leadership qualities, he will have to sign someone as mentioned above by Pedro

I agree Hanley hasn't been playing too badly and I think the armband is rather more symbolic than crucial, but it will still be interesting to see if he remains captain, the appointment of Lambert could represent a bit of a crossroads for him in terms of his off field behaviour and long term career prospects.

Other than him I'd say Rhodes or Conway are the only other 2 viable candidates out of the current staff.

I agree Hanley hasn't been playing too badly and I think the armband is rather more symbolic than crucial, but it will still be interesting to see if he remains captain, the appointment of Lambert could represent a bit of a crossroads for him in terms of his off field behaviour and long term career prospects.

Other than him I'd say Rhodes or Conway are the only other 2 viable candidates out of the current staff.

Conway is a good shout.

His work ethic, passion and aggression should be infectious.

I think most people on here now claiming to know better than the rest (Not you Pedro) need to remember most of you said the same thing (We can't do any worse) before the last mind boggling managerial appointments made by the owners.

So claiming some sort of victory now is way off the mark as far as I'm concerned and the smugness is uncalled for.

One of his first signings I reckon.

I think Hanley will keep the captaincy, he's improved this season and I see no reason to change it.

Archived