BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a single shred of evidence for this? I'm certainly no defender of Shaw but my understanding is that Moyes was a. not remotely interested in the Rovers position, and b. never approached about it.

There is enough real evidence to allow us to form a judgement on Shaw without jumping to massive and unfounded conclusions. Nor is it the thread for it (though I appreciate you weren't the poster that initially raised the issue in the Lambert thread).

Jeez, sorry..!

Actually woke up this morning, remembered we had Lambert and smiled to myself. Sad I know...

Not at all. Got a real spring in my step today. Going to be annoying all these plastic United fans, enjoying their facial expressions with their complete befuddlement of how we all feel today. Priceless and says everything about them!

Very odd that the press conference to unveil the new manager was conducted in the players lounge at a small fold away table when the club has a fully functional media suite upstairs which was used for previous appointments that would have looked 10x more professional for such an occasion.

Very odd that the press conference to unveil the new manager was conducted in the players lounge at a small fold away table when the club has a fully functional media suite upstairs which was used for previous appointments that would have looked 10x more professional for such an occasion.

Some said on twitter thats its due to better lighting in that room for the TV camera's

He said Jordan Rhodes is massive to him and will be as important as Benteke and Holt were to him.

Well he's said everything right!

That is "music to mine ears" as Alan Partridge might have said. Also glad to hear him comment on the fact that lack of spending power should not automatically translate into poor results. Did it sound like he meant up to now with having been under embargo or that there will be a lack of funding available to him in future?

I'm not ruling out a bit of a tilt at the play offs as I think the rest of the division is ordinary in the extreme and I think a decent manager ought to be able to get another 20% or so out of this squad. However I would primarily be happy this season with quickly seeing a side who are at it for 90 minutes from first minute to last and do not think that simply playing for 30 mins or 45 during a game is acceptable, a side who look like they will bust a gut to get back level if we are losing, to win if we are drawing, who will put bodies on the line to protect a lead if we are ahead. As opposed to a side who look like they don't give two figs about the actual result.

Lambert's initial comments remind me very much of Mark Hughes' attempts to raise expectations and standards after Souness did his best to pour cold water on them over a prolonged period during his stint here.

I'm was really impressed with the way he came across. It was almost as if he'd swallowed the 'What Fans Want To Hear' dictionary. As many have already said, I thought it was great how he said that the lack of budget shouldn't mean bad results, not a lot of managers would have said that and if anything it's reassuring to know that that is what's on his mind.

I got the impression that the comment on how important Rhodes is to him, was his first 'Hands Off' warning of his time as management, and I believe that it won't be his last.

In in all, he said all the right things in that press conference to us as fans and have no doubts he will say the right things to the players on the training ground (i.e certain rockets in places where the sun doesn't shine except Jordan Rhodes' of course).

Welcome to the football club Mr. Lambert.

Archived