BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Potentially, assuming he is interested in an extention. Norwich fans all talk about how he touted himself out for bigger jobs. I accept if he is successful he won't be here forever, but would be good to see some good compensation if it happens.

I'll settle now for being in a position for Lambert to be touting himself for the job at Spurs in 2.5 years time. Much better than people thinking your ex-manager might do well at Barnsley.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to chat via PM these days. The board tends to go a little off topic when I post on the public forums.

All I can add is that we're all quite excited over here by the new appointments (There won't be any more for the foreseeable future so Mr Shaw etc are safe).

I'm looking forward to possibly coming over to see a game once Paul has settled in.

I see you lurking and liking. ;)

Anything to add, Sergei?

We got lucky against spurs to win the league cup final. The only thing anyone remembers is the win though.

Ha ha. Now I know you are on a wind up. Brad may have made some key saves but we deserved to win that more than spurs.

Taken from a spurs fan site:- A review of this report reveals that Spurs had by far the most chances to score, and yet I had no doubt that the team performance was poor, with Blackburn deserved winners. For most of the game their defence was protected by a vigorous and threatening midfield and attack, whilst Spurs could only produce the goods in spasms.

http://www.spursodyssey.com/0102/bl240202.html

Also http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/worthington_cup/1834988.stm

Why do I get the feeling your a Celtic fan as well as a rover?

All that matters is on the pitch. Get that right and other things can fall into place.

When rovers had their most successful years in the early-mid 90's, the much disliked rob coar was CEO. Never affected our success one bit.

. Might have been something to do with a certain Mr Walker....

Potentially, assuming he is interested in an extention. Norwich fans all talk about how he touted himself out for bigger jobs. I accept if he is successful he won't be here forever, but would be good to see some good compensation if it happens.

Bloody hell mate, embrace the joy! ☺

• Backroom

I'm not expecting too much results wise too soon. I'll be looking for a change in the attitude of the players pretty soon though. Taking defeat as just another bad day at the office will no longer suffice.

The comment from the Brentford player a couple of weeks ago, saying how he wasn't happy with the draw but some of our players told him they were, was really angering. What kind of motivation have these players been given if they are happy with a home draw, especially when we've only won three out of sixteen league games?

I'm confident under Lambert we'll see a much changed attitude amongst the team, and those who can't adapt will be booted out asap.

Credit where credit is due.

Finally some real leadership and managerial experience.

Just hope he is brave and gives some of the emerging youth talent a chance.

Bowyer in all things was too risk averse.

As ever we need a bit of luck but at least something to be optimistic now for the first time in a while.

(There won't be any more for the foreseeable future so Mr Shaw etc are safe).

Well that's a shame. Still small steps and all that. I suppose after 5 years of @#/?wizardry by the owners I should be delighted. And you know what? I am!

Lambert, Irvine and Kelly?!?! If you'd told me that a week ago.... Blimey.

Lambert on his own would have been great, Irvine? A complete master stroke. Make no mistake, there will be no hiding place now. No excuses. No easy way out.

This team is capable. Yes it was only Ipswich but that was the standard.

There's never any guarantees in this game but I'm struggling to think of three better people they could have brought in. I don't know whose advising them but I'd buy them a pint any day of the week.

Genuinely optimistic! I think the word is "happy"!

Lets get Roy Keane on board, part of Lambert's backroom staff at Villa, and get him to kick some arse

No, let's not.

This gives the whole Club a lift. Imagine the 3 of them introducing themselves with their experience. Rob Kelly alone has more experience than Gazza had and a very keen interest in Youth.

Get the Big Flag out and also start buying tickets in the PNE Home ends. Could be Bury Away all over again.

Agree completely. I'd be happy with a mid table finish this season and some improved displays. Hopefully we're either out of the embargo in January or the summer, and can really push on from there.

Agree DE but momentum in this league is a massive thing. I am not raising my own expectations but it will be interesting to see what starts to shape up under a 'proper management team'. But I would not be at all surprised (assuming something is happening to get out of FFP) if we didn't go and win 4 on the spin shortly and end up 6 points off the play offs. If we are 6-8 points away come 1st Jan anything could happen on the run in. 30 games and ninety points to play for.

I bet Lambert, Irvine and Kelly haven't given it up- that's a cert.

Lambert and Irvine -sounds like a packet of fags!!!!

To coin a phrase from the 2004 movie king arthur (wording changed a bit obviously)

'Finally a manager worth appointing'

Being a rovers fan under venkys is a bit like waiting for a bus..you wait ages for a manager to turn up and then two turn up at once.

Archived