BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word of warning. Lambert has to arrest bowyers slide now. Anyone expecting us to power up the league now only need look at Bolton under the highly rated Neil Lennon. Consolidation will do for this season IMO, its a massive ask for anything more.

All due respect to Lennon, winning the spl every season is nothing compared to what Lambert has achieved, great appointment, best since souness and I will be there for the sheff Wed game!

At the end of the day it might not work out, that's football, however the owners have given the club its best change of succeeding by appointing someone with a proven record.

That's all we can ask, no more punts on coaches, no unnecessary risks, but a coherent plan.

See you all at Deepdale :brfc:

You know they are worried when they start talking about him being miserable as his main weakness.

Funily enough the first ad at the top of the forum was for the walking dead. Apt I thought.

Funny that...

About as much of a weakness as having a voice constantly sounding like you've forgotten the strepsils.

I'd have expected Lennon to do much better at Bolton. I thought he was a good appointment, but I thought that about Freedman also. Like we've all said - there are no guarantees in football either when signing players or employing managers. You can only try and get the best man you can in the circumstances. At least we've done that.

Dingles would swap dyche for Lambert in a heartbeat

B*rnley play worse football than Allardyce's teams. But he gets them reasonable results, considering the quality of their playing staff. Still a good manager, but disgusting football on the eye.

You mean that tinpot worthless champions league where(I think) he once masterminded a win over that paupers club Barcelona..

No he doesn't because he said "with resources superior to everyone else".

However , in hindsight, 4 trophies in 4 years at Celtic was quite poor.

I'd rather have Lambert than Lennon even if Lennon had never shown his true ability (lack of) at bolton.

You mean that tinpot worthless champions league where(I think) he once masterminded a win over that paupers club Barcelona..

Come on fella... They got unbelievably lucky that night, had something like 18% possession. He's been found out at Bolton.

Really happy with appointment.

But... 2 and a 1/2 year deal scares me a bit, especially when this year is already a write off. Would have preferred a 3 and a 1/2 year deal.

We can always extend contracts if alls going well ...better than paying out on long contracts,god forbid, if all goes knockers up

I can hear the cathedral bells ringing! !!

Good news....at long last, certainly don't expect Paul Lambert to achieve much with the group of players he's going to inherit, due to the fact that there's only one who can score goals on a regular basis.

We can always extend contracts if alls going well ...better than paying out on long contracts,god forbid, if all goes knockers up

Potentially, assuming he is interested in an extention. Norwich fans all talk about how he touted himself out for bigger jobs. I accept if he is successful he won't be here forever, but would be good to see some good compensation if it happens.

Bitter and clueless where we're concerned on there for the most part, though there were some sane voices among them.

Head in the sand time! I remember the time we knocked 5 past them in that ever so sweet humiliation they suffered and they were still deluding themselves that they knock 6 past is the next time we met.

Can I ask a question which I am sure I am going to get battered for?

Why all this hatred for Shaw and Myers?

Shaw on occasion does not come across well on camera or in interviews but he's been there for a couple of years now and people are judging on the odd 2 mins on TV and not hundreds of hours of work behind the scenes.

Myers doesn't have to be communicating 24/7 to be doing his job properly. Again saying nothing might be considered a wise thing after the circus we had with Shebby. Perhaps taking us out of the constant limelight might be a good thing?

I may be completely off the mark but all these comments of hatred from people who have no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors are a little personal and without basis I think.

I sit in my office each day far removed from Ewood, I don' t feel I have the arrogance to judge what goes on elsewhere. Look whats happened under these two, Shebby's gone, we are not the crazy circus we once was and GB stablised us. Oh, and now Lambert...

Bring on the abuse...

Archived