BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there doesnt seem to be any plan to the direct play and it isnt suiting anyone, so why blindly persist with it.

He is the most consistent goalscorer in the league, he is by far our best player and most prized asset.

None of these have his goalscoring record do they.We need someone who can compliment Rhodes, he needs pace around him and clever players who can slip him in.

Well it will be interesting to see what Lambert does in the transfer market and will he change tactics.

We need a target man and pacey winger in this Transfer window.

I wonder if Lambert has been asked about this Boro interest in Rhodes in his press conference today

I thought he got injured again in his first game? Reading?

He was being beasted on the touchline at Reading by sprinting nearly one half of the pitch, walking back and repeating. Chris Neville supervised this for Henry and Delfouneso. There didn't seem to be any injury.

I wonder if Lowe will be of any use to Lambert.

If Lambert can get Lowe closing people down and battling more, as opposed to the standing off we saw from our CMs under Bowyer, then I believe Lowe could be useful for his energy alone. He's never going to dictate things in the middle but he can put a shift in and rat out the opposition, if given the direction and confidence to do so. I struggle to see how he could be any worse than Guthrie or Akpan. Evans has been our best CM this season (perhaps that's saying something) and he's been sorely missed these last few games.

He was being beasted on the touchline at Reading by sprinting nearly one half of the pitch, walking back and repeating. Chris Neville supervised this for Henry and Delfouneso. There didn't seem to be any injury.

Strange one then. I seem to remember him being injured again. Maybe I dreamt it. (Although according to transfermarkt he has an Inguinal Hernia - whatever one of those is!)

As it is his loan is due to end on Sunday so I guess we'll see if he returns.

I wonder if Lowe will be of any use to Lambert.

Unless Lambert can convert him to playing higher up the pitch, or seeing him as a great squad utility player, I'd be worrying about having to go through the process of him being deployed in CM, and we have to got through the learning curve all over again.

Regarding Rhodes Id say we have two real choices

1) Keep Rhodes and commit the side to the sort of football that suits him - press high up the pitch, high defensolive line, get the midfielders close to him to play the through balls and crosses he thrives off. Defensively shaky perhaps if the pressing game falls off, but works very well if implemented properly. We achieved this for a run of around half a dozen games from Fulham away. We played really well but couldnt sustain it. Maybe poor fitness?

2) Sell Rhodes, sign someone else who can play a much more independent role up top with strength or pace, and play a deeper more defensively solid formation.

If it was me I would go for option one. But my feeling is PL wants a deeper more counter attacking style which just isnt Rhodes' game.

I'm talking about football, not digging out other posters repeatedly. So wind yer neck in. And what you describe Bowyer doing is exactly what Lambert did at Villa. You aint seen nothing yet though. He once went on a 5 game losing spell without scoring once. He's a chancer that got lucky at Norwich and says the right things. No agenda, just very dubious about his reported 'qualities'. The evidence is already beginning to show. Hope i'm wrong cos were fecked if Lambert isn't up to scratch.

Wind MY neck in? :rock:

you know exactly what your doing, your just doing it in a back handed way.

Lambert inherited a mess of a squad at a mess of a club there also(but your memory conveniently doesn't go back that far it seems, he did well keeping them in the prem for two seasons.

===========================================

so all rhodes and lambert debates aside, the transfer window opens in a matter of hours has there been any actual transfer ins and outs reported anywhere?

(are there no real ITKs left on here anymore?)

The problem isn't Rhodes. He will start scoring again. The issue is centre mid. We have 4 or 5 in there all bargain bin players. Evans apart we have nothing in there. Even Evans has shown very little of the form which helped get Hull promoted. Until we get a couple of players in there of genuine ability we will continue to struggle.

Yep, centre mid is a problem. I'd keep Evans but I think all of the others could be replaced quite comfortably, probably keep Akpan as a squad player.

I like about 75% of what Akpan does, he's a strong, imposing player who gets about but he is lacking technically and his passing range/ability is poor. He and Evans are probably the best partnership we can muster at the moment.

Guthrie has been largely unimpressive but does have good technical ability. Lowe is poor man's Akpan (Christ thats pretty bad)

Dear me what a lot of drivel. If Rhodes were to be sold and replaced by a 5-10 goal a year striker which is far more likely than not I think you'd soon find how much those 20 goals do in fact help the team.

GIve it time. Den probably hasn't logged ​in yet this morning...................... :):)

So Rhodes hold up play, aerial ability and ability to run the channels help the team?

Yep, centre mid is a problem. I'd keep Evans but I think all of the others could be replaced quite comfortably, probably keep Akpan as a squad player.

I like about 75% of what Akpan does, he's a strong, imposing player who gets about but he is lacking technically and his passing range/ability is poor. He and Evans are probably the best partnership we can muster at the moment.

Guthrie has been largely unimpressive but does have good technical ability. Lowe is poor man's Akpan (Christ thats pretty bad)

When i watch Akpan he reminds me of a more switched on Aaron Mokoena. Which of course is a good and bad thing!

Given the nature of this i feel Akpan is only suitable in a five man midfield where his passing inefficiencies are over come, in a four man midfield he hasn't got all the required attributes.

When i watch Akpan he reminds me of a more switched on Aaron Mokoena. Which of course is a good and bad thing!

Given the nature of this i feel Akpan is only suitable in a five man midfield where his passing inefficiencies are over come, in a four man midfield he hasn't got all the required attributes.

He's a bit more mobile than The Axe as well but its a fair enough shout.

Blackburn Rovers are interested in signing Norwich City striker Lewis Grabban.

I rate him, he's a late bloomer but of a good age 27/28?

My worry is Norwich paid 3million for him, knocked back six in the summer from Bournemouth too so what are they looking for now?

Anymore than 3.5-4million is a risk but i guess they are funding the 8million Naismith deal.

It's getting really boring now mate. Your obsession with agents (and one in particular) is doing you no favours at all. You post like you know something - well if you do say it rather than come out with inane, cryptic comments.

In fact if you want I will ask Simon if you can contact him then you can hear it direct.

Just for the record what was his involvement with Luke Varney ?

Just for the record what was his involvement with Luke Varney ?

Whose record? Once again you are asking a question you know the answer to but I shall humour you. He is his representative and as such looks after the interests of his clients. That's how it works.

As I said it is becoming tiresome.

I'd imagine if we were to spend 3 or 4 mil on any player Rhodes would have to leave first.

Nope...don't be fooled by Lamberts cautious exterior. It's all for show! He's got money to spend. £3 - £5m is absolutely no problems...wait and see!

Archived