Ricky

My team would be

Steele

Henley Kilgallon Hanley Olsson

Marshall Taylor Evans Conway

Lawrence

Rhodes

we should get rid of Koita Guthrie Akpan Petshi Brown Etc as soon as posible

I'd keep Akpan, he's a handy player. Not brilliant and not the right sort in a 4-4-2 but a 5 man midfield where he can drop deep is where i can see him becoming the modern Mokoena.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope for the travelling fans sake that both the players and manager want to put right what happened at Bolton.

Lamberts hands are tied at the moment, we all know that, but he'll surely get a reaction from players that want to be part of his plans going forward, so with that in mind:

0-2 Rovers

Have to change to 2 centre mids, or bolster it with Taylor playing a Savage type role, in my opinion.

Would be delighted with a point but expect none.

Delfounso was for me just about our best attacking player at Bolton and has earned a start with Rhodes.

He is the only striker Rovers have who's played at the highest level.

On the Cardiff game they aren't that good so it should be interesting look forward to seeing Duffy's involvement.

• Backroom

1-1. Optimistic to even predict a goal for Rovers at the moment, but surely the barren run has to end at some point.

Not sure what Lawrence has done wrong but he needs to be involved. The only time we looked threatening against Bolton was when he came on. I'll be irritated to say the least if Koita, Delfouneso or Brown start ahead of him. Time to give up on these lower league players and put our most capable players in the team. I don't want a big lump on the pitch just for the sake of playing a long ball game - as we've seen, it doesn't work.

Lawrence needs to start this game, optimally in a central position but might help the team as a whole more by replacing Marshall at right wing. Speaking of out of form players, perhaps it's time for Rhodes to start on the bench? Not that our other strikers have been pulling up any trees, but getting him out of the fray for a bit might relieve him of some pressure or even put some fire back in his belly. It's obviously a psychological gamble that might ending up make things even worse, but surely we must be getting close to a point where not starting Rhodes is a reasonable option?

Reading fans comments on Akpan went along the lines of 'gets stuck in' 'prone to errors' 'always on the brink of being sent off' . He did seem reasonably popular there so it's just standard stuff we are seeing from him. Plenty potential and room for improvement.

• Backroom

Anyone think Rhodes may be benched today ?

Away from home,five in midfield ,Delfouneso up front on his own,play for a point to halt the slide ??

Why are you trying to depress me so early into the new year?!

Anyone think Rhodes may be benched today ?

Away from home,five in midfield ,Delfouneso up front on his own,play for a point to halt the slide ??

I'd say Rhodes' card is marked if Lambert drops him today.

It will probably be a tight game with precious few chances for us. I'd take an out-of-sorts Rhodes over Delfouneso any day.

Archived