BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City (A) Match Thread - 2Nd January 2016

Ricky

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROVERS: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley ©, Olsson, Lawrence, Williamson, Akpan, Conway, Koita, Rhodes.

Subs: Raya (GK), Spurr, Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Guthrie, Lenihan, Evans.

Bravo... and by a full minute as well. 👏🏻👏🏻

ROVERS: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley ©, Olsson, Lawrence, Williamson, Akpan, Conway, Koita, Rhodes.Subs: Raya (GK), Spurr, Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Guthrie, Lenihan, Evans.

Putting people in the shop window / last chance to impress? (I.e Marshall, Williamson, Koite).

Is Henley injured? No right back on the pitch or bench.

That bench. Jesus wept.

that's why we need 3 or 4 players in during this window

I already ninja'd you, Chaddy. :tu:

Williamson ahead of Evans & Lenihan concerns me.

well done.

I would imagine Lambert doesn't want to rush Evans.

Looking at the team, IMO, not looking to play passing football through centre midfield but get the ball wide and get in the box

Is Henley injured?

according to Paul Wheelock he has travelled but not selected.

• Backroom

according to Paul Wheelock he has travelled but not selected.

Thanks. Strange that he isn't even on the bench, as we now have no proper right back cover if Marshall gets injured. In fact we technically have no right back in the first eleven or on the bench today. Have to assume Henley's not 100% for whatever reason, as otherwise I'd expect him to be on the bench as back up at least.

Watched the players get off the coach next to an 'older'group of Cardiff fans waiting for Henley to get his autograph. Most of the players had left the coach but a few stayed on for about five minutes, Henley being one of them. Eventually a player got off and the Cardiff fans started shouting 'Adam'. The player turned to them and said "I'm Tommy". It was Tommy Spurr. Doh.

Looking at the team, IMO, not looking to play passing football through centre midfield but get the ball wide and get in the box

Yup, think you got that one nailed Chadders.

For me playing Williamson ahead of Guthrie and Evans is totally mental but PL knows more about footie than me so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Guthrie and Evans are not quite fit.

People had a moan about Marshall at RB but I think he does very well there so pleased to see he gets another crack.

Its possible we will be plaing more of a 4231 than 4411, with Williamson and Akpan mega defensive allowing lawrence and Conway to be more attacking. We will see.

I don't have a prob with Williamsons inclusion today to be honest. You'd think him and Akpan would be solid if nothing else, something we were crying out for from the first min at Horwich.

If you want the team playing decent stuff and pass and move then no but if your just after trying to grind a result out then he's your man, well the only viable option anyway. We have to remember PL is just still having a look at things, Bowyer was still doing that after being in charge 3 seasons !

Anyway odds on Willo being sent off :o

Yup, think you got that one nailed Chadders.

For me playing Williamson ahead of Guthrie and Evans is totally mental but PL knows more about footie than me so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Guthrie and Evans are not quite fit.

People had a moan about Marshall at RB but I think he does very well there so pleased to see he gets another crack.

Its possible we will be plaing more of a 4231 than 4411, with Williamson and Akpan mega defensive allowing lawrence and Conway to be more attacking. We will see.

Guthrie was awful at Bolton. So deserved dropping.

I see our formation being a old fashion 4-2-4 formation. Get the ball wide and then cross it in the box for Rhodes and Koita

Archived