BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Away 23.1.2015

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to what Tom was saying, can we please stop all this bet talk please? If you're so concerned with what Chaddy has to say, give him a PM.

My fault for putting it up. I guess I was just trying to emphasise how certain I was that the red was deserved. I have hardly mentioned it, after the original post, but apologise if I have caused any grief to anyone!

This does have a bit of a new beginning feel about it, like the Preston game, which was the first game in charge for Lambert. With a win under our belts against Newport and 4 new signings now in, hopefully Lambert is beginning to put his mark on things and we are about to see an improvement. I hope it isn't false optimism, but I fancy a Rovers win by at least 2 clear goals!

Interesting to read that Charlton fans are planning mass protests against the owner with a very sympathetic ear from the press. So Rovers should really go for the early goal and let their fans do the rest.

I would ideally like a nice comfortable 2 or 3 nil!

Old School 442 with some width look to hit Graham in the box, I would drop Lawrence back into midfield to add a bit of dynamism

Steele

Spurr

Ward

Hanley

Marshall

Bennett

Lawrence

Akpan

Conway

Rhodes

Graham

For me I would go with.

---------Steele--------

Marshall--Hanley--Ward--Spurr

Bennett--Evans---Lawrence--Conway

---------Graham-----Rhodes-----------

Evans & Lawrence in CM? The midfield would part faster than Lindsay Lohan's legs.

Must win game as we all know. I would go with the following, slightly different system:

GK Steele

LB Spurr (Olsson probably not in the right frame of mind at the moment)

CB Ward

CB Hanley

RB Marshall

CM Lenihan

CM Akpan

CM Conway

AM Lawrence

CF Rhodes

CF Graham

Subs:

Raya

Evans

Jackson

Taylor

Henley

Bennett

Kilgallon

• Backroom

Shocked some of you have gone for a 442 with Lawrence in Centre mid? We'd get dominated! Steele Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr Taylor Evans Akpan Conway Graham Rhodes for me. :tu:

This would be my team too, Bennett has been naff so far and Evans and Akpan seem to play well together.

what team would everyone play?

My team would be:- Steele; Marshall, Ward, Hanley, Spurr; Taylor, Akpan, Lenihan, Conway, Graham, Rhodes

Subs:- Raya, Henley, Olsson, Bennett, Evans, Lawrence, Jackson

I have chosen to start Graham as I feel that we need him to hold the ball up and allow us to keep hold of ball

I think this game must have already been played when you look at the date posted!

23/01/2016 lol

Sometimes in football, there is a turning point.

I think the Newport win will prove to be that point.

3-1 to Rovers with a Graham brace and Rhodes to net the other providing he's not preoccupied trying to learn Welsh.

Would you just bloody well stop it, we are never goig to win if you keep doing these cakewalk predictions, the Merse Curse, we need some witchcraft to undo the spell now.

I wouldn'd be surprised to see us line up similar to that but with Conway on the left in place of Lawrence and Bennett on the right providing cover for Marshall.

For me Lawrence can sod off back to the Foxes, he's not as good as he thinks.

Would you just bloody well stop it, we are never goig to win if you keep doing these cakewalk predictions, the Merse Curse, we need some witchcraft to undo the spell now.

Yeah, it's boring now and more than a little mischievous.

Yeah, it's boring now and more than a little mischievous.

Random point, but 'mischievous' seems to be the BRFCC 'word of the moment', taking the crown off 'bunkum'.

I do agree though, if Rovers played like Mercer predicts we'd be promoted by Easter!

Random point, but 'mischievous' seems to be the BRFCC 'word of the moment', taking the crown off 'bunkum'.

I do agree though, if Rovers played like Mercer predicts we'd be promoted by Easter!

'Bunkum' was always Den's word. It's just wrong for anyone else to use it.

Really? I thought it was Gav? You might be right but Gav certainly uses it the most - hence my belief he started it.

Den used to use it on odd occasions, then GAV took to spamming the word until it lost all meaning. :(

Archived