BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Away 23.1.2015

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Den used to use it on odd occasions, then GAV took to spamming the word until it lost all meaning. :(

Bit harsh that Amo, I've always liked the word, it's up there with wazzock as far as I'm concerned. Special words that shouldn't fall into the general drudgery and haberdashery of the day to day language often employed on this messageboard.

Anyway, 3-1 tomorrow. Ward and Graham to score along with Rhodes.

Olsson over Spurr any day but I doubt he'll play.

Does Bennett play right wing back? I've no faith in Henley but think that Marshall's belief is coming back again so I want to see him higher up.

Conway needs a performance and we need a win.

STEELE

MARSHALL HANLEY WARD SPURR

TAYLOR AKPAN EVANS CONWAY

GRAHAM RHODES

3 - 1 Rovers, Rhodes x2 and Graham.

Is that team really the best we can do ? The midfield is beyond lightweight. I don't think Taylor is a starter, certainly not out wide. Conway and Evans aren't playing well and Akpan's not really a creative player. We're crying out for at least one of those sort of players that consistently get up with the two strikers. A new Dunny would be great.

• Backroom

Is that team really the best we can do ? The midfield is beyond lightweight. I don't think Taylor is a starter, certainly not out wide. Conway and Evans aren't playing well and Akpan's not really a creative player. We're crying out for at least one of those sort of players that consistently get up with the two strikers. A new Dunny would be great.

Personally I would play Olsson over Spurr but can't see Lambert doing that. Bennett has been useless so far and Taylor always puts in a shift so he would get the nod for me. Evans and Akpan are, in my opinion, far and away the best CMs we have.

Early on in the season about the same time we beat them 3-0 and think Preston also thumped them one of the pundits said anyone that finished lower than Charlton will be relegated. I agreed with it then from what I saw and nothing's changed my mind since.

So even though it's away and we've been terrible today should be 3 pts minimum. Anything but 3 points and make no mistake we are in and will be sucked in to a relegation fight.

Desperately need a win with the horrible run of fixtures looming in February.

Steele

Marshal Hanley Ward Conway

Bennet Akpan Evans Lawrence

Graham Rhodes

Not heard if Duffy is fit enough so play Ward if he isn't.

Will have my usual bet on the opposition to ease the pain!

Come on Rovers, give me some ammo for the dingle at work on Monday!

Archived