BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both goals Steele should be doing better...

Sad, we were certainly the better side until they scored, heads have gone now and I expect West Ham to go on and score a couple more...

Starting line up is a bit weird for me, people on the bench who clearly would make this a better and stronger side to go after West Ham but I guess the start we had also shows Lambert had a good idea?

Cant see us getting a result today now...

He's not a kid anymore so i feel comfortable saying this... Henley is one of the worst full backs i've seen at Rovers and although he's still got a bit of time he wont improve much. Said it a million times that ue needs loaning out.

• Backroom

That's really poor by Akpan who's really gone off the boil recently

Not convinced he was ever on the boil. He was just a breath of fresh air in what had become a stagnant midfield, but technically he's always been extremely poor. He needs to distribute the ball to a more capable player as soon as possible when he wins or receives it.

• Backroom

Still in it and looked good until Steele - who by default is the best keeper at the club, let one through his hands, since then they've decimated us and the gulf in class is so obvious.

• Backroom

I'd pick my battles carefully were I you. Engage your brain before sticking your mouth in gear. Insulting a member of the backroom team ain't sensible.

I'm insultable don't worry about that

Have to look for a new keeper in the summer, Steele just makes far too many mistakes. It was also ridiculous to let Moses run that distance and get a shot off, playing a superior team you have to close them down.

West Ham playing down to the opposition, you just feel they have another gear or two if they need it. I'd bring on Watt and Gomez and just go for it, nothing to lose and if West Ham get another goal to go 3-1 up you would think that's it anyway.

Thought we played solid overall in the first half but we are lacking that extra bit of quality or creative spark that West Ham a Premier League team has.

• Backroom

Personally think our mixed team has done pretty well! Just a shame that goalie errors have been our undoing.

I'm with PL in the 'through or out' camp. Don't want a replay, but dammit I'd love a win.

I'd stick Gomez on for Akpan, and look at replacing Conway with a striker.

Archived