BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there really no promising youngsters knocking on the first-team door?

Lambert has admitted that he chose to play a second-string side due to the fixture pile-up. It would've been good to see the likes of Nyambe, Tomlinson or Mahoney given a run-out.

Am at youth cup match. Poor as our first team is this lot are nowhere near it

T' Hammers are close to selling out their near 10,000 allocation for Old Trafford.

Combined 17,000 away following for two games up North takes some beating.

Great following by their fans.

Plus Bilic is doing a great job there. Shame we never appoint him after Allardyce was sacked like I suggestion at the time

Just as a postscript, did anyone see any half & half scarves being purchased? There were some youngsters at the Blackburn end, after the game, TRYING to sell them for a quid each. I suspect they'd been dumped by the spivs trying to sell before the game, who didn't have the sense to know that selling anything at Ewood with claret and blue in it would be harder than selling snow to Eskimos.

kid next to me on Tuesday night was wearing one

Just as a postscript, did anyone see any half & half scarves being purchased? There were some youngsters at the Blackburn end, after the game, TRYING to sell them for a quid each. I suspect they'd been dumped by the spivs trying to sell before the game, who didn't have the sense to know that selling anything at Ewood with claret and blue in it would be harder than selling snow to Eskimos.

Guy in front of me was wearing one and I remember thinking "why?" It's a cup game against West Ham.

On my way down LBR on the corner of the turning into Aldi there were three guys arguing about selling scarves etc. It looked as though one was a regular seller having a go at two men who were trying to muscle in in his pitch.

I think the half and half scarf is a total disgrace and people who wear them should be taken outside and shot. Why? They were invented for football tourists as a momento of a big game but us v WHU? Ridiculous. Wonder if they will be on sale next Saturday. If anyone sees anyone wearing one please punch them.

This hatred of half and half scarves makes me laugh.

It's made out like it is some new invention, Twitter pages going crazy about them- 'Against Modern Football' 'Blame bloody Sky' and all that.

But they have been around for years, I bought one when we played Lyon in 1998 and I think one is knocking around from our playoff final in 1992.

Now I think you are fairly sad buying one for a cup tie at a half empty Ewood against Weat Ham, but 'worst thing in football'? (!)

It's made out like it is some new invention, Twitter pages going crazy about them- 'Against Modern Football' 'Blame bloody Sky' and all that.

But they have been around for years, I bought one when we played Lyon in 1998 and I think one is knocking around from our playoff final in 1992.

Now I think you are fairly sad buying one for a cup tie at a half empty Ewood against Weat Ham, but 'worst thing in football'? (!)

European games are a bit different especially against opposition you might never come up against again. Barcelona vs Blackburn Rovers at Nou Camp I think several people would get a half and half scarf for that one lol! Against teams in the same country however I don't think there's much point at all. Unless its someone in League 2 or lower playing likes of Chelsea perhaps when they might not meet them again for many years.

They have been around for a lot longer than that - Liverpool used to do them (officially and unofficially) for all their European games in the 70s. I may be wrong but I have a feeling that is where the trend began.

• Moderation Lead

I was perhaps being a bit melodramatic, I'd just woken up, had a few ales last night! Still though, for finals/one off games it's fair enough but seeing them at league games is just a bit nuts!

If you want a memento of a big game, buy a programme!

And 5th round FA Cup vs West Ham is not a big game.

Correct and no way would they have pitched up at Ewood with 7k+ in tow if Big Sam was still in charge. Last 2 followings in the Prem when they were fighting for their lives and needed support they had sub 2k if I remember rightly. Not that we can talk but we don't pretend to be big time.

I wanted to play them instead of Liverpool and I was thinking if they beat us I'd like them to go on and win it. Was always gutted for them in 2006 after their late loser but after last Sunday hearing them and then reading a lot of their msg board comments all that came across was that they are a claret version of Spurs these days.

Just wait till that Olympic bowl is half empty every week when they aren't doing well. Anyway enough of the bitterness, hope they stuff UTD :D

'Blackburn not a footballing town' 'Poor man's Burnley ''Bought the league in '95'

A few gobshites on Kumb want to give their heads a wobble and show some grace....even if we did 'buy the league'© it's something you clowns have never managed to even come close to achieving.

Clueless sums some of them up!

'Blackburn not a footballing town' 'Poor man's Burnley ''Bought the league in '95'

A few gobshites on Kumb want to give their heads a wobble and show some grace....even if we did 'buy the league'© it's something you clowns have never managed to even come close to achieving.

Clueless sums some of them up!

Most of that coming from one Rovers hating dick who seems to have some sort of affinity with Bumley. Must be a claret thing or more likely something to do with the hoolie scene back in the day. Some like to think 'that' is what makes a footballing town. Utter buffoon.

Archived